Yet another promotion. I can’t keep track of them all.

mac_tlc

Got an email yesterday for another promotional rate for CC members. Not combinable with “Always Included”:, which some folks may find attractive. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_Caribbean_Loyalty_Rates.pdf

I checked our March Edge cruise and the price for an S2 for 2 was about $800 or so less, but we have $850 OBC Plus wifi/tips/drinks. May work if you don’t want those things.

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

We are booked on the March 7th Constellation from Tampa and our TA informed us yesterday she was able to get a reduction of $825 per cabin off the price we reserved and paid the deposit on.  That is almost 20% less than booked it for.  Obviously we are happy and hope the Connie sails.

5 hours ago, blueboro said:

We are booked on the March 7th Constellation from Tampa and our TA informed us yesterday she was able to get a reduction of $825 per cabin off the price we reserved and paid the deposit on.  That is almost 20% less than booked it for.  Obviously we are happy and hope the Connie sails.

Excellent! Always good to save a few bucks.

mac_tlc

I did a workup on this new promotion and it appears we would save $42 pp. However, we have just paid in full but the final payment isn't actually due until Oct 24. Anyone have experience asking for a price reduction using the Best Price Offer form with this scenario and, if so, did you get a refund back to your CC or OBC posted to your account?

2 minutes ago, dgoz said:

How are you all getting so much onboard credit? I have $500 and thought I was doing pretty well. (I've never cruised before, so I'm just a rookie at this!)

It all depends on if the price of your cruise has  gone down since final payment, but before you sail. Check this link out for the details.

Best Price Guarantee | Celebrity Cruises

Question... I paid off Dec cruise at the beginning of Sep.. now there is this residents deal...but it is post final payment... When this happened on Royal... I was able to get the difference as an OBC...but it does not look like that here...  Has anyone cancelled (using the 48 hour cancellation) and then rebooked to get the lower price? Not sure that would be worth the hassle...but wondered if anyone has gotten a OBC after final payment price reduction.

8 minutes ago, kearney said:

Question... I paid off Dec cruise at the beginning of Sep.. now there is this residents deal...but it is post final payment... When this happened on Royal... I was able to get the difference as an OBC...but it does not look like that here...  Has anyone cancelled (using the 48 hour cancellation) and then rebooked to get the lower price? Not sure that would be worth the hassle...but wondered if anyone has gotten a OBC after final payment price reduction.

Don't rebook. Click on the below link to see how you can get the difference in OBC.

17 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It all depends on if the price of your cruise has  gone down since final payment, but before you sail. Check this link out for the details.

Best Price Guarantee | Celebrity Cruises

Be careful with this new Loyalty promotion.   I did a mock booking yesterday, took a screen shot and then called my TA this morning to get the reduction.   He called me and asked if I realized it didn't include AI perks.   I showed him my summary screen shot which clearly stated Always Included and listed the 3 perks.   I did a dummy booking today and of course it has been changed.   Celebrity then sent him the T&C which states it's not combinable with AI or Simply Sail.   It's currently with resolutions after TA was on hold for 2 hrs.   I understand that mistakes happen but this sort of deception happens every time they put out a new promo.

Through the whole booking process you are not given choices of what rate you want, it just gives you the cheapest one given the parameters given.   In this case just putting in my CC # I get a rate with no perks with no way of selecting the higher rate other than selecting "I want a refundable deposit".

The Celebrity booking site is pure crap as it has always been.  They really should stop saying Always Include on every sailing when at times they make it impossible to select it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would be careful submitting the Best Price Guarantee form on this one. It's not clear but it seems like they may honor the lower rate with OBC but potentially remove the Always Included inclusions. 

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

NOTE: If either the new cruise fare or Added Value Offer is not combinable with any promotion associated with the existing booking, or changes are being made outside of promotional booking window, the existing promotion will be removed from the booking. No refund or exchange will be given on a promotion offer (added value)

NOTE: An Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, kearney said:

The cruise I am on right now had a $1332 reduction after I'd made final payment the end of July.  I didn't want more OBC so I canceled under CWC and rebooked.  Finally got the FCC for the cancelation last week.  I'll assign it to one of next year's bookings.

1 hour ago, dgoz said:

How are you all getting so much onboard credit? I have $500 and thought I was doing pretty well. (I've never cruised before, so I'm just a rookie at this!)

20% off promotional reprice on a B2B in a RS *after final payment* will send the OBC completely into the stratosphere.  

I would imagine a lot of people are in a similar situation, regardless of cabin category.

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

That's probably due to the 20% off sail that Celebrity is running now. I saved $380.00 on our booked Apex cruise for March.

What was interesting was that, even though our cabins went down over $800 yesterday, another family couple booked yesterday (the same day ours went down) and they are paying $800 more than we are for the identical cabin next to ours.  

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Don't rebook. Click on the below link to see how you can get the difference in OBC.

I need help understanding the section I highlighted... does this mean the price drop has to have occurred within 48 hours of when I booked it? I booked after the final payment date of around Sept 8 and it has obviously been more than 48 hours... if that is what they mean..looks like it might make sense to cancel and rebook... get FCC and apply that to one of my later cruises... am I reading this right?

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:
Request for a Lower Cruise Fare

Celebrity will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 110% of the difference in price.

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

NOTE: If either the new cruise fare or Added Value Offer is not combinable with any promotion associated with the existing booking, or changes are being made outside of promotional booking window, the existing promotion will be removed from the booking. No refund or exchange will be given on a promotion offer (added value)

NOTE: An Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

1 hour ago, kearney said:

I need help understanding the section I highlighted... does this mean the price drop has to have occurred within 48 hours of when I booked it? I booked after the final payment date of around Sept 8 and it has obviously been more than 48 hours... if that is what they mean..looks like it might make sense to cancel and rebook... get FCC and apply that to one of my later cruises... am I reading this right?

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:
Request for a Lower Cruise Fare

Celebrity will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 110% of the difference in price.

NOTE: If either the new cruise fare or Added Value Offer is not combinable with any promotion associated with the existing booking, or changes are being made outside of promotional booking window, the existing promotion will be removed from the booking. No refund or exchange will be given on a promotion offer (added value)

NOTE: An Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

From the way it is written it sounds like, from over here in the peanut gallery, the specific rules listed only apply if you wanted to submit your Best Offer Guarantee form for a booking that is less that 48 hours old (i.e., you just booked it) but the advertised final payment due date of the cruise has already past. That's what I get out of it. Now, why you would think you would need to submit the form so short of a time after booking the cruise, who knows. But I'm sure =X= added that exception for some reason.

Celebrity should consider starting up a new program:

PhD@Sea

I can Say with Confidence that one needs a PhD to understand all of their promotions, fine print, and ins&outs of the cruise with confidence program! 😁

Oh, and translation of their best price guarantee... a guarantee that it'll be difficult to know if I'm getting the best price!

Kudos to so many of you who understand so much, because most of the time, I'm just lost!

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I did a workup on this new promotion and it appears we would save $42 pp. However, we have just paid in full but the final payment isn't actually due until Oct 24. Anyone have experience asking for a price reduction using the Best Price Offer form with this scenario and, if so, did you get a refund back to your CC or OBC posted to your account?

I just had our TA process a price reduction on our December 4 Reflection sailing after having made the final payment last month.  The difference between our payment and the new price is being refunded to my credit card.  We also received an additional $100 OBC that was unexpected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I just had our TA process a price reduction on our December 4 Reflection sailing after having made the final payment last month.  The difference between our payment and the new price is being refunded to my credit card. 

After final payment?  Wonder how that transaction worked.  I could understand part of the difference going back to your card if the difference was more than the canvellation penalty, but that would be a cancel/rebook, so you would net only that difference.  Normally after final, it only comes as OBC for the full difference.

Can your TA elaborate?

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

After final payment?  Wonder how that transaction worked.  I could understand part of the difference going back to your card if the difference was more than the canvellation penalty, but that would be a cancel/rebook, so you would net only that difference.  Normally after final, it only comes as OBC for the full difference.

Can your TA elaborate?

With the change to final payments for cruises from December 1 to March being at 60 days, I believe yesterday would have been 60 days for a December 4 cruise. I can confirm that if you may payment earlier and the price drops before the final payment date they refund the difference. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Any hints on how to see the attachment listing what cruises the offer is for?  I can open the pdf but not the list of cruises and pricing?

It applies to any Caribbean cruise between Nov 1 and April 30, 2022. Must be booked between Oct 1 and Nov 1. You will need to put your CC# in the "if I qualify for offers" field. It is cruise-only though and up to a 30% discount. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/promo-controller?contentPromotionId=promotion-192

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

With the change to final payments for cruises from December 1 to March being at 60 days, I believe yesterday would have been 60 days for a December 4 cruise. I can confirm that if you may payment earlier and the price drops before the final payment date they refund the difference. 

Sweet.  Didn't realize that the window moved concurrently.