Bidding on Move Up for 2 cabins??

lbryant

We're 2 couples traveling together and I'm interested in bidding for upgrades from our balcony cabins to sky suites on our upcoming cruise in November.  I've read through the Move Up requirements and I understand there is no guarantee we would both be accepted (don't care if cabins are not together). That said, has anyone been successful at getting 2 cabins Moved Up (2 separate but linked reservations)?  I have access to both reservations so I can go into them both once Move Up is open.

I also plan to ask my travel agent to call Celebrity directly to see if we can get a comparable deal to upgrade when the time comes.  At the moment the cost difference between balcony and sky suite is almost $8k per cabin, so I'm really hoping at 20 days out, that cost will drop.  If you have any suggestions on getting this done by either calling Celebrity or using Move Up bid, I appreciate your help.  I see about 20 sky suites open to book now, so it seems like there is availability

Second question: We currently have the Elevate package (premium drinks, wifi, gratuities, some OBC).  If we were successful moving up, would our Elevate package still apply? I know the Suite perks would not be included, but wanted to confirm our existing package would still apply. I understand we would pay the difference in gratuities.  Thanks for your help!

Yes your Elevate package would still apply.    I don't think you there is a known answer on your other questions.   I haven't seen any last minute pricing lately.  I think they are trying to keep the prices elevated and use MoveUp to generate a bit more revenue last minute.

I've been tracking a number of cruises and haven't seen any price reductions in the last 30 days.  As others suggested they are using move up to fill the cabins.   From what I've been reading is when they do discount a room category everyone calls and wants an OBC for the difference.

I have posted this previously --Friends in a Celebrity suite bid on Move Up for a Royal or Penthouse, more than the minimum bid it was refused. On boarding the ship they got the upgrade for $275 less than they bid for the Royal suite

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, emmas gran said:

I have posted this previously --Friends in a Celebrity suite bid on Move Up for a Royal or Penthouse, more than the minimum bid it was refused. On boarding the ship they got the upgrade for $275 less than they bid for the Royal suite

How did they get an upgrade on boarding day? Was it at the port during check-in or when they actually boarded the ship? Is there a particular person or place to go to find out?

10 hours ago, lbryant said:

How did they get an upgrade on boarding day? Was it at the port during check-in or when they actually boarded the ship? Is there a particular person or place to go to find out?

Guest services as soon as they boarded --they asked at check in at the port and were told to ask on board

We were in Aqua last cruise with friends. We decided not to bid on Move Up for Sky Suites. Because of what if only one cabin gets the Move Up. Aqua cabin was about $1800pp, Sky Suite $3100 pp. My thought was bid at $1000pp, minimum bid was $500pp . That said we would only be saving $300pp. We all were very happy with our Aqua/Blu.

One question I would pose to the group - has anyone recently been successful moving from any kind of balcony cabin to a suite?  On our last several cruises we booked AQ, and then bid on suites (from Sky on up) - always bidding over minimum (but admittedly not much over).  We have yet to succeed.  Am I just wasting my time?  It seems these days the suites are the first cabins to go so I wonder if it's worth the hassle.