LAX to hotel in Long Beach

firstcruise92

For how many people, how much luggage? "Best" to me is curbside pick-up, which means you have to use an Uber Black or Lyft Black Lux. Next best is Uber or Lyft regular, but you need to take a shuttle to the Uber/Lyft/taxi lot (LAX-it Lot) next to Terminal 1.

Or "best" could mean getting a limo with a driver meeting you at the baggage carousel...Of course, it's also incredibly expensive...

For ME, I don't mind dealing with the LAX-IT shuttle that much...and i like Uber...but I don't like dealing with surge pricing...and getting to the LAX-IT lot and having trouble getting an Uber or Lyft at a reasonable price...So, what I've learned to do is to pre-arrange an Uber at a known price...

And I always laugh at the people who ask "What is the cheapest way to get from LAX to the port?"...The cheapest way?  WALK...Of course it will take you several hours and you'll be exhausted and sore at the end...but it IS the cheapest way!

I usually assume what most want to know is the best value to get to the port--a reasonably priced alternative with minimal hassle and reasonable use of my time?  And, of course, all of that may be weighed differently by different people.  I've seen people on here recommending public transportation--which Ii would NEVER direct anyone to in LA...You, generally, have to change buses multiple times, walk some distances and take four times as long to get there...oh, and schlepping your luggage with you...but, yeah, it IS cheap.  I always look for something that will take me direct, door-to-door, hopefully just for my party and at a price known in advance...and at a reasonable price.  Uber or Lyft seem to work the best for that.  If you want to avoid the small extra step of the shuttle/LAX-IT lot, Uber Black gets you that--but you'll pay a little more.

• Like 1