Daniel A

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

On another thread, people are noticing that when pricing out a cruise, there is one rate if you're not logged in and a lower rate if you log in first, then search for a cruise.  It's worth a try but YMMV.

Just checked and it seems to add the $100 credit per person for previously sailing with Princess. At least it appears that way on the cruises we currently have booked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just checked and it seems to add the $100 credit per person for previously sailing with Princess. At least it appears that way on the cruises we currently have booked.

Yes, that is exactly it.  When you are logged in, any eligible promos associated with your CC Member Profile can be applied and the System is picking what it considers as the best one.  That might be a Past Passenger discount (not always $100 anymore - depending on cruise length).  Or it might be a directed marketing promo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tedferg said:

I find more often than not, that it makes no difference whether signed in or not. Just checked two saved cruises and far is the same.

I'm not suggesting that by logging in you will definitely see a reduction in rate.  To the contrary even with logging in, the fare for my next cruise is $500 more than what I paid when I booked months ago.  A relative wanted to book onto the same cruise and by just searching without logging in, the cost was more than when she searched after logging in.  This is why I suggested YMMV in the original post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I'm not suggesting that by logging in you will definitely see a reduction in rate.  To the contrary even with logging in, the fare for my next cruise is $500 more than what I paid when I booked months ago.  A relative wanted to book onto the same cruise and by just searching without logging in, the cost was more than when she searched after logging in.  This is why I suggested YMMV in the original post.

Not disagreeing with you, just commenting that my experience is that it usually does not make a difference. Price has dropped previously and so I am surprised there is not some small bonus for a Past Passenger.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I find more often than not, that it makes no difference whether signed in or not. Just checked two saved cruises and far is the same.

Sometimes browser cookies will affect Princess.com behavior when re-open the website and not yet logged in.

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sometimes browser cookies will affect Princess.com behavior when re-open the website and not yet logged in.

I don't know if it makes any difference but I have software which automatically cleans out browser cookies each time I close the browser.