Water package

patca

Can anyone tell ne about the Just Water package?  

It says 6 liter package is $16.95.  Is this one 6 liter pkg  or individual 1 liter pkgs.

Water Packages

Hydrate yourself! Pre-order water packages that will be delivered directly to your stateroom for the duration of your cruise and save up to 60%. Norwegian Cruise Line has recently partnered with JUST® Goods, Inc. and replaced all single-use plastic bottles across the fleet with Just Water. JUST takes an innovative approach to sourcing and packaging the world’s most valued resource - water. The revolutionary company focuses on an impact model, taking into consideration both how the water is sourced and packaged. JUST is 100% spring water in a plant-based carton. The carton is made of 82% renewable materials – the paper carton is made from trees grown in responsibly-managed forests and the cap and shoulder are made from a sugarcane-based plastic. It is refillable and recyclable.

10 minutes ago, Robb said:

I have never understood the need to buy bottled water.   Sorry...

its nice to have it to take it on shore excursions. if your water bottle is empty, you can bring one of those with you to refill it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, patca said:

Can anyone tell ne about the Just Water package?  

It says 6 liter package is $16.95.  Is this one 6 liter pkg  or individual 1 liter pkgs  

It is 6 1-liter cartons. Photo includes a couple of free smaller boxes. 

F0D4DE08-48E5-4CC7-8833-EAB2A58D642F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Brickwood said:

I didn't check the cost on board so not sure.  I probably wouldn't do it again.  

I think it was $19.95 on board the Gem a few weeks ago. So you save $3 (+20% gratuity) is all.

10 hours ago, intr3pid said:

You probably don't drink much.  Those of us who do like the taste of certain brands. 

I drink plenty of water.  Tap water at home, bottled at work (provided through water coolers), tap water on the ship.  I just bring a bottle or two to fill from the sink in my room.

Of course - my home tap water isn't much different from the stuff NCL sells, I live 45 minutes from where it's packaged...

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Robb said:

I have never understood the need to buy bottled water.   Sorry...

Some of us don’t react well to water created from the on-board treatment plant. It’s weird I know but I have a weird immune system.

• Like 2

On our recent sailing on the Jade about a month ago, I tried to purchase the water package up front.  I never saw a bill or where they had applied the purchase to my account.  I had OBC and just assumed that the OBC covered it.  Well...once on board...no water and NCL had conveniently "lost" my order.  Not really a big deal; they just referred me to the nearest bar and they processed my order.  It was in my cabin within a couple of hours.

9 hours ago, hallux said:

I drink plenty of water.  Tap water at home, bottled at work (provided through water coolers), tap water on the ship.  I just bring a bottle or two to fill from the sink in my room.

Of course - my home tap water isn't much different from the stuff NCL sells, I live 45 minutes from where it's packaged...

The tap water on board is treated heavily.  It also has to first run through miles and miles of (sometimes old) ship plumbing.

Most bottled spring water isn't chlorinated and is sanitized using ozone and UV light, neither of which leave any kind of taste residue.  It is then filtered through carbon filters, and sometimes reverse osmosis, before being bottled.  At intake, you get the taste almost rightaway.  If you are used to a certain brand of water - Evian, Voss, Fiji - you will find the tap water on board very flat in the mouth but with a noticeable residual treatment taste. 

Personal preferences aside, congrats on drinking plenty of water!  We don't see many doing it on board, and sometimes taste is one of the reasons.  Not that you have to drink water, but we like to.  Low water consumption can lead to all sorts of problems - particularly when substituted with sugary stuff - so we like to use any incentive that we can find to drink it!

• Like 2

On 10/7/2021 at 10:50 PM, intr3pid said:

If you are used to a certain brand of water - Evian, Voss, Fiji - you will find the tap water on board very flat in the mouth but with a noticeable residual treatment taste. 

That's because bottled waters have minerals in their waters to give them some taste. Versus the distilled or reverse osmosis water on the ship. 

For example, Fiji Water

Nitrate 0.27 mg/l

Calcium 18 mg/l

Magnesium 15 mg/l

Sodium 17 mg/l

Potassium 5 mg/l

Silica 93 mg/l

Bicarbonate 152 mg/l

Sulfate 2 mg/l

Chloride 11 mg/l

For example, Evian Water

Nitrate 3.8 mg/l

Calcium 78 mg/l

Magnesium 24 mg/l

Sodium 5 mg/l

Potassium 1 mg/l

Silica 14 mg/l

Bicarbonate 357 mg/l

Sulfate 10 mg/l

Chloride 5 mg/l

On 10/7/2021 at 10:50 PM, intr3pid said:

The tap water on board is treated heavily.  It also has to first run through miles and miles of (sometimes old) ship plumbing.

Unless you have well water at home, your water at home runs through miles of plumbing to get to your house. Many decades ago, I had a part time job in college working for my local water company fixing equipment in the large gravity flow water tanks.... you don't want to know what is actually in those tanks. I drink bottled water at home and on the ship. 

And sometimes that old plumbing on the ship doesn't work so well. 

image.png.b7b33bccd0e907c8f907d9b59258f9b8.png

image.png.876a139c107180771d1f1de7686c5f55.png

• Like 3