Transportation from Seattle Airport to cruise port with mobility scooter

iuki

We’re thinking of an Alaska cruise next year with RCCL.  I’ll be taking my mobility scooter (ECV) with me.  Have any of you had to transport your ECV from a hotel near the airport to the cruise port?

Many thanks.

Judy

My husband who has a below the knee amputation; has a prosthetic leg and we have cruised several times since his amputation. He’s needed to use anything from a wheelchair to a knee scooter to an electric scooter since his amputation in May 4, 2016. I have found booking transportation on booking.com (download this app) quite helpful. I have found that it’s best to book an oversized vehicle that indicates more passengers and luggage than you have so the vehicle can accommodate your needs. I also included the description of whatever handicap mobility equipment we were using to prevent any surprises when we were being picked up!😂😂😂We lear

ne from experience! Good luck you both and enjoy your cruise!

Additionally most hotels in the Seattle area provide free transportation to the cruise port and can accommodate the needs of handicap people!😃

Edited by CruiseLover258
Had additional information to share.

15 hours ago, iuki said:

We’re thinking of an Alaska cruise next year with RCCL.  I’ll be taking my mobility scooter (ECV) with me.  Have any of you had to transport your ECV from a hotel near the airport to the cruise port?

13 hours ago, CruiseLover258 said:

Additionally most hotels in the Seattle area provide free transportation to the cruise port and can accommodate the needs of handicap people!😃

Are you cruising from Seattle?

Assuming you can take your scooter apart, one choice would be Uber (request the Uber XL ride).  But our new favorite service is called wingz.    Wingz.com    

And I agree with asking your hotel if they will be having a shuttle to the pier.  If you decide to use the hotel's shuttle,  contact the hotel manager ahead of time (and re-confirm once you get to the hotel) to ensure that the shuttle will be able to accommodate your scooter.  Some hotels require advance notice for the scooter.   Here is an interesting link about the ADA requirements of hotel shuttles (just in case the hotel forgets):  

https://wheelchairtravel.org/ada-rules-wheelchair-accessible-hotel-shuttles/

Edited by kokopelli-az

Well, we booked our cruise to Alaska on Ovation OTS for next year.  I also downloaded the two websites recommended by both of you.

We had to book now to get a HC stateroom.  The others haven’t booked yet.  So, until they make their hotel reservations, we’re holding off on all the other reservations for air travel and local transportation.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 8:08 AM, bosswench said:

We used Seattle Express from an airport area hotel to the Port of Seattle in September 2021. They took my husband's scooter no questions asked.  We did tell them in advance, but they only needed it for space planning purposes.  

Thank you so much!  Happy New Year!