Do you think you'll get though the rest of the year fine

Each month has Holidays that have plenty of temptations for us we know

We can enjoy our selves these months but sometimes we have to say No

Also many of us have cruise coming up with lots of drinks, sweets and food

So before, after and during the cruises (we hope) we really have to be good

With weather changing might not be easy to exercise each day

So we really have watch our eating portions and weigh every Thursday

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice start to the thread. The year is passing by quickly.

I just checked my calendar & I'm down almost 4 pounds from the beginning of the year with weekly increases & decreases. It's not much but a step in the right direction.

I went up to my sister's cottage again then stopped at a restaurant on the way home so am up 0.6 lbs.

The leaves are starting to turn here so the drive was pretty & lots of birds were at her feeder, 10 varieties in all. Of course the food was good as usual.

Our Thanksgiving is this weekend so had to grocery shop on the way home to get the turkey & trimmings.

Have a nice weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Yes, the weather has changed. Last week it was in the 90s. Now just 70s-60s. Put away all my spring & summer clothes and pulled out my fall ones. Another 10° and I'll put up the fall ones. Used the clothesline for probably the last time this year on Monday & making minestrone after the dog park today

At least I'm down 1/2"

Thanks Belle for starting the thread!!!   So, today is Thursday!  Last night my youngest son and his DH came over and made dinner for us - Homemade soup that is keto friendly (they are doing keto).  I also made homemade bread (not keto friendly) and had wine ... I got up this morning and didn't even think about weighing until after I had breakfast ---- I will try for tomorrow.

Today DD and family are coming over for dinner - it is my middle grandson's 7th birthday (on the 14th - we are leaving Sunday for SC to be with my siblings).  my GS is "helping" make home made pizza and he gets to put the "gredients" on the pizzas.  We have pepperoni, sweet sausage, zucchini, onion,  fresh motz cheese, parm cheeses, tomatoes and sauce.  By the time it is all done (and after he has eaten half of the cheese) I will probably be having about one slice.  I also bought cupcakes for the birthday cake - Won't be too bad if I eat just one.  We will see what tomorrow brings!

Jo - hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!  Not that much of a gain!

Ombud - so nice to be down inches!

Hope everyone else has had a wonderful week.  Jan

• Like 1

Haven't posted in awhile. Gave up on Low Carb. Like most diets, works if you can stay with it, but limited and boring. 

Started intermittent fasting 16/8 this week. It's working for friends. I'm hopeful.

Any thoughts on how to distract from AM cravings?

Edited by mtnesterz

Hello Everyone--Hope you all are having a good start to the weekend.

Jo---Happy Thanksgiving to you. Your gain is small. You had a nice dinner after a good

with your sister. Glad you can say you have a loss for the year so far.

Ombud---Good job. Down 1/2 inch. Yes winter is coming. Hate it's getting darker earlier and colder.

Not a winter person.

Jan---Nice your having great dinners and visits with your children. Have a great trip and visit

with your siblings.  You didn't come on today. Did you have to much fun?

Mtn---Good to see you. Yes diets are hard no matter which ones we do. Hope the fasting works

for you. Do you mean after breakfast or early am when can't sleep.

They say drink water, have planned snacks, planned meals on hand. So won't grab just

anything. Then "they" say cravings will go away. I know easier said then done. That's why we

keep trying day by day.

Izena---Hope everything is alright with you. Usually your here early on Thursday.

Me---Same as usual. I'm going though some things good and bad. Bad is winning at

the moment. But one good thing. Booked the two cruises for the canceled ones. So have 

all my b2b's.

Everyone have a good weekend. Stay warm and take care.

@mtnesterzI have a really hard time fasting so what I do might not work for you. I chop down on grapes and carrots. 

@Jan_In_Mainewhat a great idea!! Cupcakes / perfect portion control🧁 

@Belle it feels so good to be able to book cruises that 'might' go. SF is planning on 21 embarkations through the remainder of 2021 with the 1st 2200 passengers boarding today on Majestic Princess.  Those lucky ones get to sail out while Fleet Week is going on!! Wish I was onboard but I can't do last minute cruises with Koda

Belle - great start for the week.

Jo and Ombud. Good job.

jan making pizza sounds like fun.

im maintaining.   Had f/u with plastic surg. All is good .Next appt in 3 months.  ——suspect he is hoping I will want tummy tuck by them.   Not going to happen 

resubmitting this was submitted around noon on thursday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I have a really hard time fasting so what I do might not work for you. I chop down on grapes and carrots. 

Thanks for the thought! Grapes and carrots are high in sugar so that wouldn't work for me.  I've been able to cut my triglycerides in half. Now well within normal. Still gotta get the weight and pressure down. Sugars just make me want to eat more... of anything. Wishing you and all here success.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

Sunday here but sure your reading Monday---So Hope your having a

Good morning and had a nice weekend.

Ombud the Majestic leaves out of LA and gets here Monday (today)

I believe for a visit.  That means the SF port is opening and up and

running.  Good to have another U S port opening this year.

Yes snacking is hard to do with dieting sometimes--All Times!

Izena---Good to see you. Did you have a new surgery or talking about the 

one you had a while back Not sure what f/u  means. Glad your good.

Mnt.---Good job getting your triglycerides down. Sure you will get your weight

down We just have to do day by day.

Jo--Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Jan---Hope you had a good birthday with grandson and had a good day driving to SC.

Wishing you all a good week and that we all can eat healthy and lose weight

on Thursday.

2 hours ago, Belle said:

Majestic leaves out of LA and gets here Monday (today)

Are you in SF? I really wanted to see the Blue Angels but missed them for the 1st time. (Well 2nd time but they didn't happen last year,). West (grandson) broke his foot so I watched him while my son & granddaughter hiked Mt Diablo. No Blue Angels for me

Before and after pictures.  Before was taken March of 2020, at Park the small black Schnauzer - crossed the rainbow bridge 2 weeks ago.

the second photo was taken in July 2021, with friend in Montana

01562BDF-3557-4B9D-914A-407C8295C528.jpeg

C41B0124-056D-4A04-BC41-40B809470FDA.jpeg

• Like 1