Live from the Encore to Seattle & Alaska with Cleveland and company!!

Well here we are in the hotel, trying to decide on a quick meal.

So we ordered Jack in the Box. We don't have these back home, and I'm skeptical. I'll give you my review of the food when it arrives.

I ordered this grilled cheese hamburger munchie box... at least it looked good on the photo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ProblemCruiser said:

You're at a W Hotel.  You don't order food.  You go downstairs to the Living Room, grab a couple of overpriced cocktails and chase a benzo.

Normally I'd go for the cocktails. I had a long day, we just needed some food. Not sure I need a benzo....ever

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

Normally I'd go for the cocktails. I had a long day, we just needed some food. Not sure I need a benzo....ever

Well good luck sleeping.  You have a busy day tomorrow.  Thank you for keeping the ship warm for us for next week.  I've ben vicariously cruising on the Encore to Alaska since August. 

It occurs to me that I don't normally see people getting off the ship when I get on or off the ship when I'm leaving.  I guess everyone really starts getting in around 10 to board by 11-11:30 and by then all the other guests should be heading home.  

Edited by ProblemCruiser

You probably won't see many people leaving if many are from the east coast. 

If you need me to show anything special, just ask.

I'll be posting everything on here pretty much. My wife hates it. She says between cruise blogs and Google reviews,  I have to document everything. Drives her nuts, but she still loves me... I hope lol

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

You probably won't see many people leaving if many are from the east coast. 

If you need me to show anything special, just ask.

I'll be posting everything on here pretty much. My wife hates it. She says between cruise blogs and Google reviews,  I have to document everything. Drives her nuts, but she still loves me... I hope lol

Thanks!

Weirdly, I'm kind of curious of the route to get to the Bow when it's Glacier Bay day (assuming you go through 8 and past the theater maybe?)  The waterfront is probably the better place to be anyway.

If you happen to be in Galaxy Pavilion I'm curious about the escape room and if they still offer it + how much?  I was thinking about getting a CC group together after the M&G to take it on.

Some possible useful information for those traveling the last 2 cruises to Alaska.  Icy Straight Point.  The gondola is down as well as the zipline.  The port personnel will not let you walk into town.  Claiming some covid crisis or such.  Juneau.  The tram is closed for the season.  Ketchikan.  Lumberjack show is closed for the season.  NCL seems to have ironed out the shuttle issues.  Lots of busses, short waits.  Lots of shops closed for the season and/or they could not find enough workers to open up.

New protocol.  If you are back to back you are required to take a covid test on the ship Friday morning.  If you pass, you get to cruise again on Saturday.  If you fail. you get tossed off in Seattle.

Hope someone can use some of that info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Old & Retired said:

Some possible useful information for those traveling the last 2 cruises to Alaska.  Icy Straight Point.  The gondola is down as well as the zipline.  The port personnel will not let you walk into town.  Claiming some covid crisis or such.  Juneau.  The tram is closed for the season.  Ketchikan.  Lumberjack show is closed for the season.  NCL seems to have ironed out the shuttle issues.  Lots of busses, short waits.  Lots of shops closed for the season and/or they could not find enough workers to open up.

New protocol.  If you are back to back you are required to take a covid test on the ship Friday morning.  If you pass, you get to cruise again on Saturday.  If you fail. you get tossed off in Seattle.

Hope someone can use some of that info.

Thanks!  This is very helpful.  It doesn't sound like there was much in town anyway and all the best views are going to be doing nature walks either by yourself or on a tour.

For Ketchikan, I hope there are enough people that are crazy like me to book the kayaking tour to eagle island.  I wonder how Creek street is but it's safe to assume it's probably pretty closed up.