First the good news, then the bad. โ€‹๐Ÿ˜Ÿโ€‹

First, the good news and then the not so good. These articlesย fromย Cruise Passengerย give a glimmer of hope for local cruising..

ย 

NSWโ€™s new leadership appears set to turn the tides for the cruise industry.ย 

ย 

Last month, Dominic Perrotett, at the time the treasurer of NSW, said, โ€œIt doesnโ€™t make sense when we open our international borders for people to fly overseas to go cruising without being able to do so here.โ€

โ€œIโ€™ll work closely with the Federal Government to ensure that as part of our plan to reopen borders, cruising can steam ahead alongside all aspects of the tourism industry.โ€

ย 

โ€œThe new Deputy Liberal Leader in NSW, Stuart Ayres, has also been a supporter of cruising and as Tourism Minister has highlighted the important economic benefits that cruising brings to many regional communities.โ€

ย 

Then this one:

ย 

No cruising in New Zealand before October 2022

ย 

"The New Zealand Cruise Association Chief Executive Officer Kevin Oโ€™Sullivan told Cruise Passenger that cruising will not return to New Zealand until 90 per cent of New Zealanders have rolled up their sleeves and had their vaccination."

I believe the first when it happens, but the NZ one is no surprise. Most of the cruise lines have cancelled their 21/22 itineraries and the 22/23 season doesn't start until October/November. The Princess Hawaii/Tahiti cruises usually go to NZ, as does the World Cruise, so they might have to have itinerary changes if they go ahead.

Just now, NSWP said:

1965 today in Vic, crikey.

That is a score record you don't want. I wonder if theย Covidiot's will be out non the streets in Melbourne this weekend?๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ทย Stay safe fellow CC's in VIC.

4 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

That is a score record you don't want. I wonder if theย Covidiot's will be out non the streets in Melbourne this weekend?๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ทย Stay safe fellow CC's in VIC.

Thank you, and most of the day is going to be sunny and warmish so many more people out and about. Guess we are staying home again. Perhaps spend some time in the garden, lawns need mowing and I'm sure there are weeds to pull out. And then sit and read for a while.ย 

ย 

Protesters are bound to be out and about again...... idiots!

• Like 1

Without the lockdown Victoria would be getting 5000+ cases a day.

ย 

It's going to be very interesting to see what the NSW figures are like in 2-3 weeks time after the great Sydney "live with Covid" experiment starts on Monday.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They work if people comply and there is adequate enforcement.ย  ย The civil disobedience and grand final parties probably caused this explosion in the numbers.ย  VICPOL need a few of these...

R.jpg.87c4b6e3180c2eaad8adde43db0e7701.jpg

That ship has sailed. You have to factor in that Victoria has been locked down for a long time. What worked in 2020 is not working in 2021.ย 

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

ย 

It's going to be very interesting to see what the NSW figures are like in 2-3 weeks time after the great Sydney "live with Covid" experiment starts on Monday.

ย Maybe. You got to open sometime. Can't stay in this pattern forever. NSW will be interesting to see. I'm fornature, I'm Ballarat we have some cases but they appear linked, but there been no explosion of numbers up here. We not subjected to the same harsher lockdowns as Melbourne. I've experienced 8 lockdowns. Do I get a cookie when I reach 10?

ย 

Most Victorians have done the right thing. You cannot continue to punish these people. There was always going to be an percentage of the population that would never comply.ย 

Edited by icat2000
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

ย 

I dread to think Julie...could be an explosion.ย  We could end up like UK/USA,ย  few restrictions and covid numbers out of control.

49 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

ย 

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I dread to think Julie...could be an explosion.ย  We could end up like UK/USA,ย  few restrictions and covid numbers out of control.

Why should the majority be dictated to by the minority disbelievers. I've read of some who beg for the vaccine as they are being put onto a ventilator, so let's see the strength of their convictions. A percentage of them are just troublemakers, but it would be interesting to find out how many of the troublemakers are actually vaccinated, it may surprise some people.

21 hours ago, By The Bay said:

First, the good news and then the not so good. These articlesย fromย Cruise Passengerย give a glimmer of hope for local cruising..

ย 

NSWโ€™s new leadership appears set to turn the tides for the cruise industry.ย 

ย 

Last month, Dominic Perrotett, at the time the treasurer of NSW, said, โ€œIt doesnโ€™t make sense when we open our international borders for people to fly overseas to go cruising without being able to do so here.โ€

โ€œIโ€™ll work closely with the Federal Government to ensure that as part of our plan to reopen borders, cruising can steam ahead alongside all aspects of the tourism industry.โ€

ย 

โ€œThe new Deputy Liberal Leader in NSW, Stuart Ayres, has also been a supporter of cruising and as Tourism Minister has highlighted the important economic benefits that cruising brings to many regional communities.โ€

ย 

Then this one:

ย 

No cruising in New Zealand before October 2022

ย 

"The New Zealand Cruise Association Chief Executive Officer Kevin Oโ€™Sullivan told Cruise Passenger that cruising will not return to New Zealand until 90 per cent of New Zealanders have rolled up their sleeves and had their vaccination."

Apparently the road map to opening up on Monday has been changed 10 times in the last 4 days.
ย 

Whereโ€™s Gladys?

36 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I donโ€™t think weโ€™ve seen the last of Gladys - maybe PM from 2026? Or maybe Iโ€™ll see her on day on a cruise ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

I donโ€™t know if she could clear her self in time for the next one but definitely a improvement on the clown we have got.

ย 

NSW residents have done the right thing and have gone out to get vaccinated. (mainly thanks to Gladys)

ย 

90% Ist dose, 80% double dose due 18th October & 90% 29th October.ย 

ย 

We have been told all along that cases may rise, but we ย need learn to live with the virus, and Covid will be a disease for the unvaccinated. Its their choice.

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stki said:

NSW residents have done the right thing and have gone out to get vaccinated. (mainly thanks to Gladys)

ย 

90% Ist dose, 80% double dose due 18th October & 90% 29th October.ย 

ย 

We have been told all along that cases may rise, but we ย need learn to live with the virus, and Covid will be a disease for the unvaccinated. Its their choice.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Thanks to Gladys they were spurred on by 10 deaths a day. Thanks to Morrison they got priority on vaccine deliveries, as he was forced to scour the earth for Pfizer just about to expire, since he couldn't be bothered to actually buy any when it was on offer.

ย 

Did you mean NSW residents or Sydney residents? Because Sydney residents are still barred from entering certain NSW regional areas due to low vaccination rates.

ย 

The unvaccinated include people who have a compromised immune system and children under 12. Children 12-16 only just very recently being allowed to receive Pfizer. I suppose they are on their own, it's every man, woman and child for themselves.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I donโ€™t know if she could clear her self in time for the next one but definitely a improvement on the clown we have got.

ย 

Iโ€™d put her well in front of the current alternate

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I knew they were a bit agedย there๐Ÿ˜‰ but that is vintage, before I was born.

When I told my husband the Vic number, he said no, it was 1964 not 1965. (Melbourne Demons supporter).ย 

• Like 1