Has anyone been able to upgrade their cabin without losing perks?

danak13

I have a booking on Reflection for November.  It was a Lift and Shift from last Nov so we have really awesome perks Celebrity is not offering now.  However, I don't love our cabin and would like to upgrade to a better one.  I have asked two different Celebrity agents about upgrading but have been told both times I will lose my perks if I change rooms and will have to receive the current promotions.  I would get this if I was being refunded money but I am trying to give them more! LOL 

So is this just the standard or has anyone been able to upgrade and not lose their perks? 

I think that’s right for your situation… however, given the current capacity’s of the cruise this year there should be opportunities to do the move up bid program or even pay for an upgrade once you get onboard… both of these ways to change/upgrade your cabin enables you to keep the perks you have already, you wouldn’t get any additional perks for example if you upgraded to a suite you would still keep the perks you have and won’t get the ones that come with a suite, now obviously both of these options rely on there being cabins available but as most cruises at the moment are not reaching over 50% you should be ok 🤞🏻 

good luck with whatever you decide to do 🤞🏻

• Thanks 2

Basically if you are upgrading you are cancelling one booking and starting another, so I understand why they are saying that.  It seemed fair in normal times, but I think that is really not right for them to do it for lift and shift cruises.  But it is what it is.  Your best bet is to try to do a move-up bid when the time comes.  Only issue is you don't get to pick your cabin and must keep whatever they assign you, assuming you win the bid.

13 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Basically if you are upgrading you are cancelling one booking and starting another, so I understand why they are saying that.  It seemed fair in normal times, but I think that is really not right for them to do it for lift and shift cruises.  But it is what it is.  Your best bet is to try to do a move-up bid when the time comes.  Only issue is you don't get to pick your cabin and must keep whatever they assign you, assuming you win the bid.

Actually if there are cabins available within the same category you’re move up bid was in then you are allowed to change to them no problem, we actually did this on both legs of the current B2B we are on right now. We actually changed the first cabin a couple of times in the last 2 days 👍🏼 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, what special perks are you afraid of losing if you upgrade to a higher category which will include the All Included perks?

We have free gratuities, free wifi, free premium beverage package and $300 onboard credit. The current promotion takes away the onboard credit and only included the classic drink package. 

• Thanks 1

I believe the issue is the prevailing rate for the better cabin that you desire.  If you took the prevailing rate and added $300 and the cost to upgrade to drink package, you would have the real costs to upgrade today. You have already  determined that it is not worth the price difference.

The best option might be to use the Move Up bid process.  If you capture the difference you are willing to pay now, you can bid that amount. (Assuming it is in range).  You will then be able to keep your existing perks.  As you know you actually paid for those expanded  perks in the price you originally paid.  Rates have certainly increased from the time that you originally booked.  I think people forget that the AI package contains less value than the previous Best, four perk package.