Will Grandeur still sail from Barbados?

10 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

We were on Jewel of the Seas sailing from Cyprus around the Greek Islands a week ago, and when we went to complete our Flight Locator Form for returning to the UK, I asked the staff member the question that if we don't get off the ship, do we have to enter the island on the form, and the answer was 'No.     The ports of call and areas you visit, are only if you get off this ship.       This could also be verified, if need be, by checking who check off the ship at each port with your sea pass card.

Thanks. I guess the rules will change a lot as will the countries. Barbados seems to have a very high rate but isn't red. Perhaps the amount of UK tourists and flights going there leads to more leeway. It wouldn't surprise me as there isn't much consistency 

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Grandeur has been going back and forth with docking at st maarten as they have been doing work on her but cannot stay docked all the time.

Oh, gotcha! Rhapsody is still docked where we left her. She looked like a real rust bucket! They were pulling the wooden rail caps off and doing a lot of maintenance from what we could see.

• Like 1

In case anyone from the UK has missed the news update today.    The countries that are on our Red list (meaning we have to Quarantine in a separate hotel at our expense of approx £3000 for 10 days on return), will be removed from the list for international travellers from 4am on Monday 1st November, which is good news for those of us from the UK who are on these sailings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea if Royal sent out the protocols for Barbados sailings since it's a month before the very first sailing on December 5?

Just want to know if they're testing us at the embarkation pier instead of asking travelers to arrange their own testing like in domestic sailings. Considering it's a foreign embarkation port, I do hope they test at the pier. 

1 hour ago, El turista said:

Any idea if Royal sent out the protocols for Barbados sailings since it's a month before the very first sailing on December 5?

Just want to know if they're testing us at the embarkation pier instead of asking travelers to arrange their own testing like in domestic sailings. Considering it's a foreign embarkation port, I do hope they test at the pier. 

Besides Royal’s protocols, you have to follow Barbados entry (or in transit) protocols,   Here is a website.  Protocols last updated October 24, 2021

https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2021

it includes testing before arrival, and a Barbados BIMSafe app to be used.   Lots of information.

some pics

FF101E67-9DBA-4ABA-BA7E-5B5BEE04455B.png

8A6ADE75-E124-42C7-BC21-6F74B039EA68.png

Edited by BSocial

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, adamdiane said:

Grandeur is definitely sailing although with a new itinerary due to Trinidad and Tobago and Martinique still not allowing cruise ships to visit. 

This is the 5th Dec new itinerary 

FB_IMG_1637871092585_edit_144342112778494.jpg

So much for the new ports I was hoping to visit.  I'm out, canceled the April 10th cruise.  Masks, swabs, plus you have to use RCL's tours.  That is not cruising people.

On 10/9/2021 at 10:36 AM, jean87510 said:

Its getting to the point if they don't soften some of these requirements, we are canceling our 14 day in February.

I canceled my April 10th cruise.  There are so many exciting new places to see in the states I will wait.

• Like 1