First time Oceania Cruiser - Difference between Owners Suites on Decks 8, 9, and 10

InsGuy3

We are first time cruisers on Oceania and in making our reservation we were pretty amazed that in most of the available cruises for the Caribbean the Owners Suite on Deck 9 were always sold out but seemed like were available for decks 8 and 10? We ended up booking one on Deck 10 but would appreciate some feed back on why most people preferred Deck 9. Is the owners suite on deck 10 an okay choice or is there something we are missing. Thanks.

Thanks. That is what we always do but was looking for something more insightful from someone who has first hand knowledge of the difference. Being first time cruisers on Oceania very hard to determine location, sounds, noise, chimney exhaust, etc.

14 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

Thanks. That is what we always do but was looking for something more insightful from someone who has first hand knowledge of the difference. Being first time cruisers on Oceania very hard to determine location, sounds, noise, chimney exhaust, etc.

Go to Google and in search field type in Oceania (ship name) deck plans.  It will bring you to Oceania's site and has a very good interactive tool that allows you to scroll all around all of the decks and see what is where, above/below etc.  Good luck

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

I believe if I remember correctly that the high you go your deck is smaller.  Also I recall, but not sure the entry way was a little different. (We had deck 8 and are friends were above us).

But they all are really nights suites on the larger ships.  The smaller ships are nice but nothing special.

Edited by ronrick1943

1 hour ago, Hunding said:

Check what is directly above Deck 10 and directly below Deck 8...that will usually explain the preference for the deck between two other decks of staterooms.  Not always, but....

Not this time:  deck 7 and deck 11 both have cabins at the aft to protect the Owners Suites.

Perhaps a more focused question:  what is the white rectangle in the center of the very aft between the verandas of 7130/7135 and 11080/11083?

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 2.28.29 PM.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

I believe if I remember correctly that the high you go your deck is smaller.  Also I recall, but not sure the entry way was a little different. (We had deck 8 and are friends were above us).

But they all are really nights suites on the larger ships.  The smaller ships are nice but nothing special.

The deck plan schematics on their website indicates that all Owner Suites are 2,000 sq. ft. In size. I’m looking for qualitative differences not visible on a website, if anyone has any insight of such. Thanks again for trying to help.

6 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

The deck plan schematics on their website indicates that all Owner Suites are 2,000 sq. ft. In size. I’m looking for qualitative differences not visible on a website, if anyone has any insight of such. Thanks again for trying to help.

Then why don’t you just list specifically what information you are trying to ascertain for qualitative differences you want to know about.  Many seasoned O cruisers here can probably help.

8 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Then why don’t you just list specifically what information you are trying to ascertain for qualitative differences you want to know about.  Many seasoned O cruisers here can probably help.

read post #3. Thanks.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

read post #3. Thanks.

Got it!  I recently asked, as a soon to be first time O cruiser, for a comparison of Vista v Owners suites.  Far and wide they advised Owners is the way to go.  I have the Vista booked so then I went and wait listed on same cruise for an Owners suite.  We shall see...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Got it!  I recently asked, as a soon to be first time O cruiser, for a comparison of Vista v Owners suites.  Far and wide they advised Owners is the way to go.  I have the Vista booked so then I went and wait listed on same cruise for an Owners suite.  We shall see...

Thanks. All the very best to you in getting the Owners Suite.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

Thanks. All the very best to you in getting the Owners Suite.

Well, even if we don't, it will be the best suite we have ever sailed in, and it is like 1200+SF with a wrap around AFT balcony, so I am sure we will enjoy!

• Like 1

InsGuy3…we regularly sail the O class ships in either 8143 or 9147.  The two suites are virtually identical.  One of the replies offered the higher the deck the size reduces.  True but bring your micrometer re finding differences 8 versus 9.  10 the size difference is certainly noticeable in comparison to 8/9 but still a wonderful accommodation.  All without any noise but that created via the wake.  Host Jazzbeau question not an issue.  11 deck a stairway connecting with 12.  We’ve never seen used in over 25 cruises.  7 access area to ship’s aft flag, security cameras, etc. when in 8143 never knew anyone was there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, InsGuy3 said:

We are first time cruisers on Oceania and in making our reservation we were pretty amazed that in most of the available cruises for the Caribbean the Owners Suite on Deck 9 were always sold out but seemed like were available for decks 8 and 10? We ended up booking one on Deck 10 but would appreciate some feed back on why most people preferred Deck 9. Is the owners suite on deck 10 an okay choice or is there something we are missing. Thanks.

It would help to know which ship you are asking about.  I've looked at answers below but did not see which ship you are asking about.

10 hours ago, Mura said:

It would help to know which ship you are asking about.  I've looked at answers below but did not see which ship you are asking about.

Until Vista arrives only O class ships have OS on the decks cited, I.e. 8, 9 and 10

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Goldmann said:

InsGuy3…we regularly sail the O class ships in either 8143 or 9147.  The two suites are virtually identical.  One of the replies offered the higher the deck the size reduces.  True but bring your micrometer re finding differences 8 versus 9.  10 the size difference is certainly noticeable in comparison to 8/9 but still a wonderful accommodation.  All without any noise but that created via the wake.  Host Jazzbeau question not an issue.  11 deck a stairway connecting with 12.  We’ve never seen used in over 25 cruises.  7 access area to ship’s aft flag, security cameras, etc. when in 8143 never knew anyone was there.

Thank you, Goldman! Very helpful information. We will enjoy the cruise anyway but inquiring minds need to know. 

20 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Not this time:  deck 7 and deck 11 both have cabins at the aft to protect the Owners Suites.

Perhaps a more focused question:  what is the white rectangle in the center of the very aft between the verandas of 7130/7135 and 11080/11083?

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 2.28.29 PM.png

As Goldmann said , there is some equipment there and my butler  told me that he uses that space on Deck 7 to get to the PH cabins on other side without having to walk back down the hall to get the other hallway.  Useful because there are only 4 PH on Deck 7 .

I didn't realize there were stairs up to 12 on the space between 11080 and 11083.  I'm going to take a look when I get on in Dec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Munga 6 said:

When you say the difference on deck 10 is noticeable regarding size, in regards to where and what? Is the guest bathroom off the foyer area smaller?

There are YouTube videos of 10 and either 8 or 9 or both assuming they are still up…generally less depth to the rooms re stern slope…particularly noticeable in the entry/bar area.

On 10/9/2021 at 11:54 AM, InsGuy3 said:

"...[I]n most of the available cruises for the Caribbean the Owners Suite on Deck 9 were always sold out..."

We always sail in an Owner's Suite and, having stayed in all three, I've noticed the differences amongst them.  I just don't recall those differences off the top of my head.  (One time, we got stuck in a Vista Suite but we muddled through and promised we'd never do that to each other ever again.)  One of the OS's - Deck 8, I think - was not quite as deep as the others, leading the bar in the music room to be noticeably shorter than in the other 2.  (Of course, with my memory, Deck 10 could be the one that's a bit shorter.)  Suite 9147 is our go-to suite but, for our upcoming Mediterranean on 26 October, we were relegated to #8143.  Once we're on board and I have a chance to look over 8143, I'll come back to this thread and explain the overt differences between Deck 9 and Deck 8 OS's.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

We always sail in an Owner's Suite and, having stayed in all three, I've noticed the differences amongst them.  I just don't recall those differences off the top of my head.  (One time, we got stuck in a Vista Suite but we muddled through and promised we'd never do that to each other ever again.)  One of the OS's - Deck 8, I think - was not quite as deep as the others, leading the bar in the music room to be noticeably shorter than in the other 2.  (Of course, with my memory, Deck 10 could be the one that's a bit shorter.)  Suite 9147 is our go-to suite but, for our upcoming Mediterranean on 26 October, we were relegated to #8143.  Once we're on board and I have a chance to look over 8143, I'll come back to this thread and explain the overt differences between Deck 9 and Deck 8 OS's.

Thank you for your feedback. We would appreciate your expert analysis of the Owners Suites after your next cruise. What gets me is that on the Oceania’s website they describe each one of the Owners Suites as being 2,000 sq. ft each. So I’m disturbed when I hear that they are not all equal in size.

7 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

Thank you for your feedback. We would appreciate your expert analysis of the Owners Suites after your next cruise. What gets me is that on the Oceania’s website they describe each one of the Owners Suites as being 2,000 sq. ft each. So I’m disturbed when I hear that they are not all equal in size.

2,000 SF is larger than my condo, I think I could muddle through that and endure it.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, InsGuy3 said:

So I’m disturbed when I hear that they are not all equal in size.

It's possible that I have it switched and it's the Deck 10 OS that's not as deep.  In such a case, a higher-level suite would be wider and not quite as deep, but still allowing it to be 2.000 square feet.  I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.  Regardless of which one you choose, you're gonna' love it!

6 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

It's possible that I have it switched and it's the Deck 10 OS that's not as deep.  In such a case, a higher-level suite would be wider and not quite as deep, but still allowing it to be 2.000 square feet.  I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.  Regardless of which one you choose, you're gonna' love it!

Thanks. I’m positive we will love it once we are there, no matter what!

1 hour ago, Cliff-FLL said:

If you look at a picture of the ship you'll see they slope up as the decks get higher at the rear. So it does make sense that ten would be a bit smaller. On the other hand the difference could be in the balcony depth, or it could all be offset forward as you get higher to make up the difference. 

The bottom line is that I think there'd be plenty of room in any of them, unless you're bringing your own personal staff with you.