Cunard - ports and testing

watsonbeau

Cunard now look to have issued port testing and excursion requirements for their forthcoming international cruises.

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/port-entry-requirements/CUNARD-A-Z-destination-entry-requirements-5-Oct-2021.pdf

However I can’t see St Lucia on there despite it being on their Caribbean itineraries. 

Thanks for posting - I had not seen this.

Other Caribbean ports are missing too so I think this is just the ones Cunard have specific information on at the moment.

St.Lucia may be a sticking point because the Cunard shore excursions have been "stuck" at just 2 for months - one fully booked and the other climbing the Petons on foot! So surely there will be others for St. Lucia unless the stop is cancelled - looking suspicious at the moment.This all relates to Q Mary 2 to Caribbean leaving Southampton Jan 14th 2022

Edited by bbtablet
  • Like 1

Yes, I find my stairs difficult!

It's actually been on my My Cunard for months and there is another tour on Tenerife "coming soon" that we want to book but therefore cannot yet - this has been "coming soon" for months!

It's as if the person responsible for putting the tours up on this cruise has forgotten that they didn't finish it - someone give them a nudge!

Edited by bbtablet

2 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

$25/$35 is probably the equivalent  two glasses of wine, not much to pay out when you consider it's all for our safety and welfare . 

Whilst I agree with your sentiment we are due in Lisbon in November and having been many times in the past will not consider paying $50 for 2 of us to get off just to wander around for a couple of hours. Also $50 on top of already extortionate excursion prices is a no for us so we will happily spend the day onboard.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kohl1957 said:

Helpful.  But I am resisting worrying about any of these "Covid" regulations this far out (14 January 2022, QM2).  It's a long range weather forecast only not even as certain as that. 

But curious how you even found this information... appreciating that Cunard employs a hedge maze designer to craft their website, I suspect this is yet another large chunk of helpful material not available on their US site. I certainly cannot find it. 

A link to that Cunard "A-Z destination entry requirements guide 2021" is found within "Departures until 17 April 2022 for Queen Mary 2 and 17 May 2022 for Queen Elizabeth." in the "Vaccination and testing policy." section of this "Sailing with confidence." page on the Cunard UK website.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/the-cunard-experience/sailing-with-confidence

I'm not finding it on the corresponding "Sailing with confidence." page on the Cunard US website.

Edited by bluemarble

8 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

$25/$35 is probably the equivalent  two glasses of wine, not much to pay out when you consider it's all for our safety and welfare . 

Been to Lisbon on numerous visits. Think I would prefer to drink my wine onboard than pay for more testing.  Not keen on organised excursions either.  Win WIN. 

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2019 at 1:02 AM, TxCityKat said:

FYI to all:

To only quote a portion of a post is mentioned in the pinned thread on the first page of this forum titled How to: Reply to a Topic / Quote / Multi-Quote at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2629963-how-to-reply-to-a-topic-quote-multi-quote/. There is also info about using it on a mobile device/tablet too.

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Whilst I agree with your sentiment we are due in Lisbon in November and having been many times in the past will not consider paying $50 for 2 of us to get off just to wander around for a couple of hours. Also $50 on top of already extortionate excursion prices is a no for us so we will happily spend the day onboard.

We are visiting Lisbon on Queen Elizabeth in December and i believe from October 4th no tests are required to enter mainland Portugal, the UK. Gov site was updated on Friday regarding this. Hopefully Cunard will update their site soon and we will not have to take a test nor an excursion to get off the ship.  

18 minutes ago, seasickphil said:

We are visiting Lisbon on Queen Elizabeth in December and i believe from October 4th no tests are required to enter mainland Portugal, the UK. Gov site was updated on Friday regarding this. Hopefully Cunard will update their site soon and we will not have to take a test nor an excursion to get off the ship.  

They have already updated their site you do not need a test or to go on an excursion in Madeira but for Lisbon you have to have an Antigen test ta cost of $25 and can only get off the ship if you are on an organised ship excursion. See link above in post #1 by watsonbeau.

Edited by majortom10

11 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

They have already updated their site you do not need a test or to go on an excursion in Madeira but for Lisbon you have to have an Antigen test ta cost of $25 and can only get off the ship if you are on an organised ship excursion. See link above in post #1 by watsonbeau.

You now no longer need any tests to enter Mainland Portugal as from October 4th, if you are fully vaccinated.No tests have been required to enter Madeira for months if you are fully vaccinated. So i expect to be able to leave the ship with no tests and no Cunard excursion.

Kohl1957, if you have a VPN and change it to a UK server you should then be able to use that link to find.

I agree Cunard website is a dog’s breakfast and I only found it by accident. The leaflet says updated 7 Oct I think. For testing it might be that although mainland Portugal does not require a test on the FCDO website “entry requirements” that somehow the Port Authority for cruise ships has its own checks - who knows ! ? 

By time it gets to 14 Jan no doubt all will be turned upside down and inside out. 

12 hours ago, seasickphil said:

You now no longer need any tests to enter Mainland Portugal as from October 4th, if you are fully vaccinated.No tests have been required to enter Madeira for months if you are fully vaccinated. So i expect to be able to leave the ship with no tests and no Cunard excursion.

So why have Cunard updated their website and sent out documents on 5th Oct stating that for Lisbon you do have to have an Antigen test and cannot get off without booking an excursion.

15 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

So why have Cunard updated their website and sent out documents on 5th Oct stating that for Lisbon you do have to have an Antigen test and cannot get off without booking an excursion.

As i said before, the FCDO didn't update their website until late on Friday 8th October regarding this,  which was obviously after Cunard's latest update on the 5th Oct.So i would be very surprised if Cunard do not change their information on entry to ports in Mainland Portugal.There is a live thread on Tripadvisor at the moment re Entering Portugal October 2021, i know that is for entry by air but would expect it to apply for cruises as well.

It’s all going to be wait and see the rules nearer departure time I think and they may even change onboard. Nonetheless I’m past caring and if all I do is stay onboard somewhere warm I’m not sure I will care too much 😁will just be great to getaway.

• Like 2

Agreed.  I’ve been to Lisbon a couple of times, and what I’d want to do there is wander around, shop a bit, have a nice lunch at one of their outdoor cafes, not go on an expensive ship’s excursion.  So if necessary I will stay on the ship and sunbathe!

I saw in today’s paper that mainland Portugal have relaxed their rules for fully vaccinated visitors.  So far Cunard haven’t updated their information about this.  We’ll just have to wait and see!

On 10/9/2021 at 10:19 PM, watsonbeau said:

Cunard now look to have issued port testing and excursion requirements for their forthcoming international cruises.

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/port-entry-requirements/CUNARD-A-Z-destination-entry-requirements-5-Oct-2021.pdf

However I can’t see St Lucia on there despite it being on their Caribbean itineraries. 

St Lucia is on the P&O version  no test needed  independent exploration ok but children must be vaccinated  although no age range indicated

On 10/10/2021 at 11:22 AM, bluemarble said:

A link to that Cunard "A-Z destination entry requirements guide 2021" is found within "Departures until 17 April 2022 for Queen Mary 2 and 17 May 2022 for Queen Elizabeth." in the "Vaccination and testing policy." section of this "Sailing with confidence." page on the Cunard UK website.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/the-cunard-experience/sailing-with-confidence

I'm not finding it on the corresponding "Sailing with confidence." page on the Cunard US website.

I found the link within the (US) Sailing With Confidence page this morning.

The port list for the QM2 Christmas cruise is significantly affected:

• Tortola - Independent excursions permitted, antigen test required for independent excursion
  • St Kitts - No independent excursions, testing not required
  • Barbados - No independent excursions, PCR test required
  • Dominica -  No independent excursions, testing not required
  • St Maarten - Independent excursions permitted, testing not required

I will be having a discussion with my traveling companion over the weekend.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Underwatr said:

I found the link within the (US) Sailing With Confidence page this morning.

The port list for the QM2 Christmas cruise is significantly affected:

• Tortola - Independent excursions permitted, antigen test required for independent excursion
  • St Kitts - No independent excursions, testing not required
  • Barbados - No independent excursions, PCR test required
  • Dominica -  No independent excursions, testing not required
  • St Maarten - Independent excursions permitted, testing not required

I will be having a discussion with my traveling companion over the weekend.

P&O fly      cruises to Barbados from UK require a PCR test 72 hours before flight but Cunard say no test required for  their Caribbean cruises