Onboard Quest 10/9/21 updates

doubled

On 10/13/2021 at 12:43 PM, Baynanno1 said:

Azamara have always been excellent at ensuring food safety as far as allergies are concerned.

I am allergic to shellfish & crustacea and they look after me very well! 🤩

I have 8 food restrictions, including being Celiac, and they do an amazing job for me, as well.🥰

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know abut your on board experiences!

I am really scared of  the testing before boarding and during the cruise. Would you please let us know how the testing is performed? Is a nose swap mandatory or can I choose a throat swap instead? Had very bad experiences so far with nose swaps and that threathens me a lot. I guess to use my own rapid-test-kits will not be accepted.

Have read that more tests are being made during the cruise as well. Did you experience that too?

As Europeans we were able to travel around during the past months without needing to worry about additional tests as long as we are fully vaccinated.

55 minutes ago, catweazlecat said:

I am really scared of  the testing before boarding and during the cruise. Would you please let us know how the testing is performed? Is a nose swap mandatory or can I choose a throat swap instead? Had very bad experiences so far with nose swaps and that threathens me a lot. I guess to use my own rapid-test-kits will not be accepted.

Have read that more tests are being made during the cruise as well. Did you experience that too?

As Europeans we were able to travel around during the past months without needing to worry about additional tests as long as we are fully vaccinated.

It’s nose swabs and gentle ones at that. They do more in the cruise either to clear disembarkation or if they feel they need to. You cannot use your own tests so you need to accept that or not go I’m afraid 

21 hours ago, catweazlecat said:

We are currently on day 5 of our 12 day cruise on Journey with 500+ passengers. The Greek authorities are insisting on an additional test for cruises which exceed 8 days. We had our test earlier today which was a nasal swab undertaken very carefully and was not painfull or intrusive.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, laser2000 said:

We are currently on day 5 of our 12 day cruise on Journey with 500+ passengers. The Greek authorities are insisting on an additional test for cruises which exceed 8 days. We had our test earlier today which was a nasal swab undertaken very carefully and was not painfull or intrusive.

Thank you so much for your feedback! That does take away the worst fears! Wishing you a wonderful cruise and lots of fun times on board 🙏

On 10/13/2021 at 11:48 PM, Roel94 said:

The idea seems sad.part of the reason is to meet people.

We plan to do the Chef’s Table Tour…all three nights. With sitting at small tables we will probably be talking with the people  nearby, just as before. I think it can be fun. Give it a try for a night ( I think we’re on the same cruise) and we will talk to you! Cheers 

1 hour ago, gwilli said:

We plan to do the Chef’s Table Tour…all three nights. With sitting at small tables we will probably be talking with the people  nearby, just as before. I think it can be fun. Give it a try for a night ( I think we’re on the same cruise) and we will talk to you! Cheers 

What are the 3 different Chefs Tables?

The three chefs tables vary.  They offered a new Greek one when we were onboard.  We did not do it but heard great reports. It seems they are (fortunately) moving away from same old, same old.  On longer cruises you may find more variety offered.  On our cruise of 7 nights only Italian and Greek were offered.  You really cannot be sure which will be offered until you board.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2021 at 1:56 PM, gwilli said:

French chef’s table last night on Quest; food very good same as always.  Ambiance just not the same.  Missed the welcome glass of champagne too…

• Like 2

@lauriebHow is Windows Cafe working?  I read on another site that in the evening there is no buffet, due to Covid protocols.  There is a menu to choose from, based on the theme of the evening.

Is there a buffet or a menu to choose from at breakfast and dinner?

Also, are the take out boxes still available in the LR for lunch ?

is breakfast still being offered in Aqualina for suites?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

@lauriebHow is Windows Cafe working?  I read on another site that in the evening there is no buffet, due to Covid protocols.  There is a menu to choose from, based on the theme of the evening.

Is there a buffet or a menu to choose from at breakfast and dinner?

Also, are the take out boxes still available in the LR for lunch ?

is breakfast still being offered in Aqualina for suites?  

I can’t answer regarding evening buffet; there is a normal buffet breakfast and lunch.  Staff plates it for you.  The patio is open for lunch. 
Boxes are currently offered for breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast is being served in Aqualina for guests staying in suites.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Certainly in September  there was no evening buffet in Windows but a lovely Table d hote  menu based on a country theme. Greece, India, France etc with choices for starter, main and dessert including vegetarian options. Dress was casual and it was a lovely alternative to the main dining room. I did a thread then on here with photos of some of the Windows evening menus I haven’t got all the photos now but here are some. 

A1483D62-9C7F-4D17-B442-CA90D8488C83.jpeg

85B5B67E-C9D8-4D42-B493-33F41E2A9DC1.jpeg

69559A72-DD81-4990-A572-BDCBA82CCC12.jpeg

• Like 4

Thanks, @uktog!  
I remember some of those menus but I guess I didn’t realize that there was no buffet.  I thought it was just a listing of what was on the buffet. So you ordered from the menu and your choices were delivered to your table.  

I actually like the idea of not having to get up and wander around looking at the buffet area.  It can get very crowded there.  I prefer to be served.  It certainly would be best in the current Covid situation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, uktog said:

The three chefs tables vary.  They offered a new Greek one when we were onboard.  We did not do it but heard great reports. It seems they are (fortunately) moving away from same old, same old.  On longer cruises you may find more variety offered.  On our cruise of 7 nights only Italian and Greek were offered.  You really cannot be sure which will be offered until you board.

Ann

so it was themed to the country which they had done with Cuba and China in the past. 

the new windows menus look interesting but in most cases I will need two mains, no rice and no dessert.Indian I like my butter chicken,daal, abd some hummus and bread.then I am done

7 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Thanks, @uktog!  
I remember some of those menus but I guess I didn’t realize that there was no buffet.  I thought it was just a listing of what was on the buffet. So you ordered from the menu and your choices were delivered to your table.  

I actually like the idea of not having to get up and wander around looking at the buffet area.  It can get very crowded there.  I prefer to be served.  It certainly would be best in the current Covid situation.

Yes, it’s all served to you at the table, you can order as much or as little as you want and the server will bring it in the order you want. It was nice to be served, white table cloths on the tables etc.  We went more than we would have done if it was a buffet.  We particularly enjoyed one evening outside eating watching a moonlit wake. 

• Like 5