Cozumel PCR testing - Any Canadians get their test here?

Welly9

4 minutes ago, Welly9 said:

In Coz, has anyone received their PCR test here, before they get back to the US and fly back to Can with in the allotted 72 hrs?

I am considering, please let us know.

Thanks

Most hotels/resorts are providing tests, many free of charge, but I don't know what turnaround time they offer for PCR tests. You'd best confirm with the hotel you are considering. If you are considering an Airbnb or similar, there are test sites offering a range of test types, times and prices.

As timing will be important, you might want to consider a direct flight back to Canada instead of flying via the US. The test must be taken within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time for your final flight to Canada, so you'd have several extra hours for your test results by flying direct.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Welly9 said:

In Coz, has anyone received their PCR test here, before they get back to the US and fly back to Can with in the allotted 72 hrs?

I am considering, please let us know.

Thanks

Do you mean you are flying to Cozumel for a land based vacation or cruising with a stop to Cozumel?

Not sure what you mean as others have asked a similar question and the answer is you can get a test at the airport to get back to Canada.

As already mentioned many hotels do the testing. I know that both Air Canada and Westjet Vacations have a document that lists all the hotels that offer testing, along with price and other info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K_e_short said:

Do you mean you are flying to Cozumel for a land based vacation or cruising with a stop to Cozumel?

Not sure what you mean as others have asked a similar question and the answer is you can get a test at the airport to get back to Canada.

As already mentioned many hotels do the testing. I know that both Air Canada and Westjet Vacations have a document that lists all the hotels that offer testing, along with price and other info.

As part of our cruise, last stop is Coz, 2 days prior to flight back to Can from US. 

Have a sched for PCR test in Houston, Haztech, but considering Coz test as it is way cheaper for one, and not rushing to get test morning of flight.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mom says said:

What cruise line are you on? AFAIK, both Princess and NCL provide free  PCR tests on or before disembarkation for pax who need them to return home. Has another line started sailing from Houston?

Carnival, and I understand they dont provide PCR test, but was something about they might have been working on it.??

They do provide Antigen test for unvaccinated guests, apparently. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Back from our Carnival Vista cruise, Port of Galveston via Houston...

We organized ahead for a PCR test through CostaMed, thru the Cozumel Hospital, they came to us, a Beach bar in Coz, timing was perfect to do so, we tested Thursday, flight out Sat afternoon, AC accepted it and uploaded on ARRIV CAN app, no problem.

$90US, $20 US service fee/tip for them to come to you.

Easy Peasy ....

• Like 4

An fyi- I just ordered the RT-LAMP test through Switch Health ($149 for Aeroplan members) yesterday afternoon.  I didn't bother paying the extra $15 for express shipping.  I received it about noon today in Regina (even though the suggested delivery time was going to be 5-7 business days).  Looks like origin city is Mississauga.

• Like 1