Direct Flights to Scotland

Do you really mean non-stop, or are you more concerned with direct flights (i.e. not having to change planes even if the plane stops somewhere on the way). I haven't looked at the details, but these websites show direct flights.

Here is the list for Edinburgh Airport

https://www.edinburghairport.com/flights/destinations

and here is the list for Glasgow

https://www.glasgowairport.com/destinations/all-destinations/

Not all destinations are currently being serviced, and the service may not be daily, but you should be able to get some ideas.

11 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

(i.e. not having to change planes even if the plane stops somewhere on the way)

Are you aware of such flights from Rome to Scotland? It would be quite unusual. Most itineraries will go via a hub - LHR for BA, AMS for KLM, FRA for Lufthansa, etc - and would require change of planes. 

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

3 hours ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

Are you aware of such flights from Rome to Scotland? It would be quite unusual. Most itineraries will go via a hub - LHR for BA, AMS for KLM, FRA for Lufthansa, etc - and would require change of planes. 

No, but I wanted to make sure that if they existed they would be acceptable to the OP. Since I didn’t look at the details from the website, I just wanted the distinction out there. 

I know personally that Alitalia, at least in 2001 when I flew with them, flew a triangular route Rome to Toronto to Milan to Rome. And many years ago I flew to Jamaica on another triangular route, to Ocho Rios with a stop in Kingston in one direction or the other. 

Cotswold Eagle - your posts 3 & 4 seem to be contradictory.

In 3, you mention that Jet2 & Ryanair, both fly Scotland - Rome, presumably directly as their usual operation. I've never known either to usually fly indirectly (except I do know  that Jet2 is currently doing it with some Canary Island flights, as a temporary emasure, while tourist numbers are still low)

Yet in 4, you seem to suggest that a hub would be used needing a change of plane. Surely that might be the case for the national carriers you mention, but not for the two low cost airlines in 3.

3 hours ago, Harters said:

Yet in 4, you seem to suggest that a hub would be used needing a change of plane. Surely that might be the case for the national carriers you mention, but not for the two low cost airlines in 3.

I said “most itineraries”, and those are probably the ones the OP is seeing.   

I was contrasting this to the imaginary direct, but stopping, flights the other poster introduced to the thread! 

The OP had the information they requested and not come back for further details. 

28 minutes ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

loads of direct flights

That might be setting expectations too high 😀

Jet2 to Glasgow only scheduled to operate Monday and Fridays

Ryanair to Edinburgh on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. 

Also worth mentioning that Ryanair use Rome Ciampino, not the main Rome Fiumcino airport.