Magic of Spain 2/10/21

Greetings all. just a few lines to say how much we enjoyed the Magic of Spain cruise.  On Marella Exolorer 

Flight into Majorca (Palma) was straight forward I can imagine there will be long Qs heading towards Border control. Once through towards picking up cases..another barrier been put in to Check the Spanish SPth form whether electronically or paper work. Scanned and went straight to the carousel and onto the buses. 

1 port cancelled for what ever reason which we couldn't find out about (Gibraltar) but £50 each compensation which paid for the AI upgrade drinks package 😁

Other ports of Call:

Cádiz.

Lisbon.

Malaga.

Cartagena.

Plus 2 days at sea. 

Weather was brilliant all week (great tan) 

Now for the Covid info for sailing, Ordered Chronomics package £30 pp.  turned out we didn't need the 48 hrs before flying home. Additional LFT were done on board, so we could Dock in Portugal, as the whole ship had it done Inc the Captain. Without it, we were not allowed to dock.

2nd LFT was 48 hrs before again docking for Home in Palma. Have to say it was very efficiently done and called out by deck over the tannoy and in all it took less than 2 mins and the onboard test were all FOC.

Day before departure had to fill in the PLF for the UK government which was fairly straight forward.   

In all a very enjoyable break with Covid restrictions in place as we have now got used to them. While walking about mask on, while seated or out on the open deck mask off. 

Shows and entertainment brilliant once again.

The 48-hour PRC test now all done and sent off.

3rd Cruise since August and every one brilliant IMHO 

Also allowed walking off Independently

If anybody would like any more info, please feel free to ask.

Edited by Rebel Rouser
added info
  • Like 1

We are booked on this ship for the end of January on a 14 nt canaries cruise, It’s the first time with Marella Cruises although we have cruised many times with other lines.

This will be our first cruise in nearly two years, do you need a test before boarding the ship? Dianne

We had to before we flew out on the 2nd of October. But the new rules came into force on the 4th October, and I'm not sure what TUIs stance is now.

Ok now found out what happens now. 

" Test ordered from Chromonics  x 2 

1 the night before flight @21:00 minimum earliest and then 1 48 hrs on returning when home.

Edited by Rebel Rouser

• 2 weeks later...

Hi RR.

We are filling in our Spain pre -departure form and have got to the part that asks what type of certificate we have. I am assuming it is    Other cert.     as we are no longer EU citizens.

Select the type of Certificate you have *
EU COVID Digital Certificate 
Other Certificate

which cert does the NHS issued covid pass come under.?
Thanks😉

2 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi BJ sorry can't help with that but good wishes for your cruise, hope all goes well. 🍻

Thanks PC👍
have sorted the pre departure form now. It was a case of “ Reading but not taking it in” on my part.🤦‍♂️
Sort of looking forward to a break (it’s been a while) but with a little trepidation as well.  I will sink a couple for you next week.🍺🍺

Keep well both.😉

3 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

I did my Spanish locator form this morning. For us Brits it is the “other certificate “ which then enables you to manually input your vaccine details.

Thanks for that friend.

I did work it out in the end but I don’t think it was as clear as it could have been.

when I checked in and downloaded flight tickets only outbound tickets printed so it looks like a call to TUI enquiries tomorrow.🤦‍♂️

10 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Thanks for that friend.

I did work it out in the end but I don’t think it was as clear as it could have been.

when I checked in and downloaded flight tickets only outbound tickets printed so it looks like a call to TUI enquiries tomorrow.🤦‍♂️

At the moment you cant do the return flight check in online

1 hour ago, okavango said:

At the moment you cant do the return flight check in online

Thanks Okavango.😉

We called TUI this morning and they told me the email that they sent to me stating that the outbound and inbound tickets were included was incorrect and we need to check in and download the inbound tickets a couple of days before we are due to travel back.🤷‍♂️
All sorted now hopefully.👍🙄

43 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

Thanks Okavango.😉

We called TUI this morning and they told me the email that they sent to me stating that the outbound and inbound tickets were included was incorrect and we need to check in and download the inbound tickets a couple of days before we are due to travel back.🤷‍♂️
All sorted now hopefully.👍🙄

On the same trip as you Sunday , coming back probably just check in at the airport as in the old days