Luggage Forwarding Services

CruiseNYC

For various reasons I’m thinking of using the services of an independent Luggage Forwarding company for two suitcases for our December 2021 Celebrity cruise.   Does anyone have any recent experience to share?

Thanks very much!

I have used the cruise line luggage service.  Not sure if available during covid.  It was great.  This is for after the cruise only.  You leave your luggage outside your stateroom and do not pick it up until you land at your airport.  Not available at all airports with all airlines. 

It is great.  Used at least 6 times without any issues.  Never used any independent luggage forwarding company.

Thank you - yes. We’ve used the cruise line service as well.  It’s great but is not currently available.  It definitely would have helped get the luggage directly to the airport on the return trip.

I’m thinking of using it pre-Cruise.

I did see that there is a company that would forward to Celebrity in Port Everglades.  It's pretty pricey - and if they are not reliable, I'd rather figure out  the logistics of luggage and dh, who has some mobility restrictions.

Thank you for your input.

I don't know your reasons for wanting this but I would re-elevate using these types of extremely expensive services which also take a while to receive; cheapest rate is 7 business days between pickup and drop off.  There are so many cheaper alternatives, shuttles driver, taxi drivers, ride share drivers should help you with your bags.  Find out if your airline has curb side check in.

For the pricing, I feel like hiring a private driver from your home to home airport and again from the cruise port airport to the cruise port or nearby hotel would be far cheaper.  I did find one who services X; here's an example of pricing from the west coast, about $124/bag for a check in size bag one way, pick up to delivery is 7 business days:

https://app.luggageforward.com/trips/new

image.thumb.png.4afd64e51266458725e63d642e02cf75.png

We got off the Millennium on Friday and Celebrity was offering their luggage service.  We used it and it worked perfectly.  Put our luggage out before 10:PM and we picked it up off the carousel at Newark airport upon arrival.  Great service.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cbfb said:

Do you know if you book the celebrity excursion where you disembark, do they manage the luggage? We have someone in our group who won’t be able to fly out until 7:30 pm. 

All our post cruise Celebrity excursions our luggage traveled with us. When we arrived at the airport after the tour, our luggage was off loaded and we collected our luggage. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you all so much!  I wasn't sure if naming the service was allowed but, yes, it was luggageforward.

So happy to hear that the Luggage Service was offered on Celebrity.  That would help - somewhat.

The issue is that we're going to overnight in FLL before the cruise.  DH has some mobility restrictions and is on Peritoneal Dialysis.  We need to pack some dialysate (bags), which are heavy, into our overnight roll-aboards.  I'm sure our Doorman would gladly help get all the luggage into the Uber.  I'm not sure if we'll be able to find someone at LGA to help with everything - and then again when we land in FLL.  I have a bad back and would hate to be flat on my back for the entire cruise.  I thought that if I could forward the suitcases and then only deal with the overnight bags and his Rollator it might be easier.  Just exploring all options for now.

Thanks again!

12 minutes ago, CruiseNYC said:

Thank you all so much!  I wasn't sure if naming the service was allowed but, yes, it was luggageforward.

So happy to hear that the Luggage Service was offered on Celebrity.  That would help - somewhat.

The issue is that we're going to overnight in FLL before the cruise.  DH has some mobility restrictions and is on Peritoneal Dialysis.  We need to pack some dialysate (bags), which are heavy, into our overnight roll-aboards.  I'm sure our Doorman would gladly help get all the luggage into the Uber.  I'm not sure if we'll be able to find someone at LGA to help with everything - and then again when we land in FLL.  I have a bad back and would hate to be flat on my back for the entire cruise.  I thought that if I could forward the suitcases and then only deal with the overnight bags and his Rollator it might be easier.  Just exploring all options for now.

Thanks again!

Solution:

Home doorman will help from home to load into the uber

Have the uber driver drop you off at the curb side check in, if the driver refuses to help, the curb side staff will help those with mobility issues

Hire a $50 private driver from Chiefton to meet you in FLL, they'll grab your bags from baggage claim and will take you to the hotel

From there utilize the hotel bell hops and the porter once to the port

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Hire a $50 private driver from Chiefton to meet you in FLL, they'll grab your bags from baggage claim and will take you to the hotel

How does this work? Are transportation drivers allowed to enter the terminal and go to the luggage claim area which is before the CBP lines? I know that there are terminal porters who can assist you with your bags, but I've never heard of taxi, uber or other drivers being allowed to enter and carry out baggage.

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

How does this work? Are transportation drivers allowed to enter the terminal and go to the luggage claim area which is before the CBP lines? I know that there are terminal porters who can assist you with your bags, but I've never heard of taxi, uber or other drivers being allowed to enter and carry out baggage.

Yes, while its important to verify the above information, the OP did mention FLL, I was there in April and again in late July (for an X sailing) and did see folks holding up signs in FLL.  I travel quite a bit and in every US airport I've noticed baggage claim is on the lower level and allows folks to come in.  Also airport staff will offer help for free however you may need to a wait a bit to utilize them.

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes, while its important to verify the above information, the OP did mention FLL, I was there in April and again in late July (for an X sailing) and did see folks holding up signs in FLL.  I travel quite a bit and in every US airport I've noticed baggage claim is on the lower level and allows folks to come in.  Also airport staff will offer help for free however you may need to a wait a bit to utilize them.

Baggage claim for domestic flights are open to the public, but for international flights or for cruises, you claim your baggage in a secure terminal zone before being processed through customs.  I could understand drivers just outside the secure zone holding signs for their passengers once they cleared customs, but doing so within the baggage claim area seems a bit off. 

We use a luggage service (DH in wheelchair) Normally use either Luggage Direct or Luggage Forward. There's a new commercial showing shipgo and it has good reviews. You might shop that site as well. I believe it's about $45 for a small bag and $65 for medium, shipping from Texas to FLL (Holland America) port.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Solution:

Home doorman will help from home to load into the uber

Have the uber driver drop you off at the curb side check in, if the driver refuses to help, the curb side staff will help those with mobility issues

From there utilize the hotel bell hops and the porter once to the port

Excellent solution!  

Thank you very, very much!