Vaccine Status different for ships out of Miami

Markanddonna

48 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

Can anyone explain why the Divina doesn't require a vax and the Seashore does?  They both leave from Miami.

Divina leaves from Port Canaveral not Miami 

As mentioned by Alyssamma all US MSC ships have the same vaccination policy at this time. 

• Like 2

There is a major cruising website that has the Divina listed as one ship that does not require vaccinations.  I assumed, just as you did, that MSC required vaccinations and just checked their website. You are correct. 

I feel sorry for anyone who isn't vaccinated thinking they can board the Divina. Things are changing so rapidly with requirements.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

There is a major cruising website that has the Divina listed as one ship that does not require vaccinations.  I assumed, just as you did, that MSC required vaccinations and just checked their website. You are correct. 

I feel sorry for anyone who isn't vaccinated thinking they can board the Divina. Things are changing so rapidly with requirements.

Which web site?  When Nassau changed their requirements MSC and others changed too within the next few weeks.  This link was from back in April.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/aug/26/disney-cruises-requiring-covid-shots-of-passengers/

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CampNCruise74 said:

Which web site?  When Nassau changed their requirements MSC and others changed too within the next few weeks.  This link was from back in April.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/aug/26/disney-cruises-requiring-covid-shots-of-passengers/

It’s a large travel agency that advertises as a last minute travel website. Very old fashioned website with more text than anything else. I love them for that. 

• Like 1

..togo

Their information is wrong and they're probably going to ruin a lot of people's vacations!

What's interesting is that they have 1 Divina sailing that says it's required - the rest are different.

Edited by MonsterJoe
  • Like 1

To clarify MSC Policy

ALL MSC ships departing out of US PORTS

All guests 12 and over must be FULLY Vaccinated and provide negative Covid test ( taken no more than 2 days ) before embarking on cruise.

Unvaccinated Guests under 12 must provide NAAT or PCR Covid negative results for test taken no more than 3 days before embarkation. 
see MSC Travel requirements page  for accepted vaccines for US cruises .
Bahamian restrictions enforced from Sept 13 onward. Previous date of Oct 31 has been extended indefinitely.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MonsterJoe said:

..togo

Their information is wrong and they're probably going to ruin a lot of people's vacations!

What's interesting is that they have 1 Divina sailing that says it's required - the rest are different.

Not so.

If one called that agency, one would find out that they are no longer booking MSC cruises (may resume in Januarys 2022) due to the multiple changes in policy, cruises and inconsistencies in handling booked cruises that the agency feels it can no longer book customers on MSC and give the customer the service and accurate information that a travel agent should be able to provide.

The page that lists no vax required for Divina has probably be left up by mistake. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phissy said:

To clarify MSC Policy

ALL MSC ships departing out of US PORTS

All guests 12 and over must be FULLY Vaccinated and provide negative Covid test ( taken no more than 2 days ) before embarking on cruise.

Unvaccinated Guests under 12 must provide NAAT or PCR Covid negative results for test taken no more than 3 days before embarkation. 
see MSC Travel requirements page  for accepted vaccines for US cruises .
Bahamian restrictions enforced from Sept 13 onward. Previous date of Oct 31 has been extended indefinitely.

Where is that on their site? I *just* got off the phone with them and they still insist that vaccination is not required for US sailings after 10/31. Even after checking with their “management team”. 

10 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

It still has this blurb at the bottom. And the phone agents are still saying vax not required after 10/31. It’s kinda hard to blame VTG for having bad info on its website when MSC has bad info all over its own website. And if I were a travel agent, I might also hesitate to deal with this cockamamie outfit.

D89232F4-D0E3-4914-85FF-B2FA046F9310.jpeg

35 minutes ago, racephoto said:

It still has this blurb at the bottom. And the phone agents are still saying vax not required after 10/31. It’s kinda hard to blame VTG for having bad info on its website when MSC has bad info all over its own website. And if I were a travel agent, I might also hesitate to deal with this cockamamie outfit.

The above is not wrong. What MonsterJoe posted is correct and it clearly says post 9/13.

MSC has been changing a lot on their website, but they have managed to keep it correct and current.

The blurb at the bottom is *only* for free refunds.

Here it is larger (bolding added by me)

f you are age 12 years and older and currently booked on an MSC cruise departing from PortMiami or Port Canaveral beginning September 3, 2021 through and including sailings of October 31, 2021 and you are not fully vaccinated and will not be fully vaccinated 14 days prior to the cruise, you are eligible for a full refund of any funds currently on your booking. Please contact MSC Cruises at 844-579-4349 if you booked directly with MSC Cruises or contact your Travel Advisor.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, racephoto said:

1 hour ago, racephoto said:

Where is that on their site? I *just* got off the phone with them and they still insist that vaccination is not required for US sailings after 10/31. Even after checking with their “management team”. 

MSC consultants are known for not being up to date with policies. 
MSC site updated October 1, 2021.  Cruisers have been turned away at embarkation for following misinformation from “cruise experts”. I always go with written policies.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

The above is not wrong. What MonsterJoe posted is correct and it clearly says post 9/13.

MSC has been changing a lot on their website, but they have managed to keep it correct and current.

The blurb at the bottom is *only* for free refunds.

Here it is larger (bolding added by me)

f you are age 12 years and older and currently booked on an MSC cruise departing from PortMiami or Port Canaveral beginning September 3, 2021 through and including sailings of October 31, 2021 and you are not fully vaccinated and will not be fully vaccinated 14 days prior to the cruise, you are eligible for a full refund of any funds currently on your booking. Please contact MSC Cruises at 844-579-4349 if you booked directly with MSC Cruises or contact your Travel Advisor.

Well, why wouldn’t someone who booked prior to the policy being implemented (or even extended) not be entitled to a free refund even after 10/31? Not to mention, they are still telling people on the phone that vaccination is not required. 

Just now, racephoto said:

Well, why wouldn’t someone who booked prior to the policy being implemented (or even extended) not be entitled to a free refund even after 10/31? Not to mention, they are still telling people on the phone that vaccination is not required. 

That is a different question 🙂

I was *only* responding to the website being correct.

• Like 1

Sigh……I’m pretty over all their incompetence and BS. I’ll probably do my November cruise with them as it sounds like that Total Cruiseflex doesn’t actually work like they make it sound and you get totally hosed if you try to use it, but then I think I’m going to forget they exist. It’s one thing with these super cheap cruises but there’s no way in the world I’m gambling over 10k on them with the cruises I have booked for next summer. 😞 

I booked an MSC cruise today and the MSC agent was very efficient and knowledgeable. I verified everything I learned on CC with her, too. 

That said, I spoke with one last week who was as you describe. I think in the future, I'm going with my gut level feeling about an agent and just excuse myself and hang up on them and try again with a different agent.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

I booked an MSC cruise today and the MSC agent was very efficient and knowledgeable. I verified everything I learned on CC with her, too. 

That said, I spoke with one last week who was as you describe. I think in the future, I'm going with my gut level feeling about an agent and just excuse myself and hang up on them and try again with a different agent.  

HUCA is a good policy when dealing with agents of MSC. I usually wait to get 3 consistent answers before feeling confident.

• Like 2

The Bahamas had set an end date of Nov. 1 for their must be "vaccinated on a cruise ship" policy.  It appears the travel company in question has coded their site to use that date to determine if a ship allows unvax.  They also treat Royal ships the same way.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twangster said:

The Bahamas had set an end date of Nov. 1 for their must be "vaccinated on a cruise ship" policy.  It appears the travel company in question has coded their site to use that date to determine if a ship allows unvax.  They also treat Royal ships the same way.  

So many people wound up about individual countries and their policies.  It is not MSC's fault and all the other lines are suffering the same changes in information.    If you have  a port of call in the Bahamas you NEED to be vaccinated.  which explains why some MSC ships require vaccination and some don't.

The Covid requirements are fluid and change frequently.  We all need to be proactive in keeping ourselves informed of the requirements of the places we visit. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

The MSC US website has its restrictions regularly updated for US passengers in an easy to read format for each destination  https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean-cruises

Did notice that MSC USA has revamped the page. 
It now very clearly states that ONLY US and Puerto Rican citizens can cruise out of Miami and Port Canaveral.

ALL 12 and over must be fully vaccinated and test negative before embarkation. ( same timeline)

**interesting, the insurance page with Cruise Assurance and Protection Plan is now missing. It was Assistance provided by MSC at no extra charge for fully vaccinated guests.

On 10/15/2021 at 2:53 PM, phissy said:

Did notice that MSC USA has revamped the page.

Sorry about the Seattle reference on the "Worst" thread.  I did not mean you in any way, shape, or form. It was an obscure reference to someone else who purported to be from the area.  No offense meant.  I spent quite a bit of time in the area (mostly work-related activity in Port Angeles, Sequim, and Anacortes), and thoroughly enjoyed it over the years.