Covid Test Requirements

lv2cruisgrl

I am going crazy here trying to get a Covid Test for our saturday cruise.  I spoke to Walgreen's near me they say if I take the Antigent test on Friday I may not have my results until sometime saturday so that doesn't work. We sail saturday.   No other tests are available at Walgreen's near me that Celebrity will approve of.  I asked him about the Walgreens Rapid Test ID NOW and he said no it doesn't jibe with what Celebrity says they want.  

So on to CVS, same thing the CVS PCR/NAAT test takes 1-3 days.  So that does not work.  

SO my question is will Celebrity take the results from the CVS Rapid-result Test PCR?  That is what I now have scheduled for Thursday.

I also ordered the test from the company Celebrity suggested and I am waiting to see when they ship.  Ordered last friday, no shipping email yet from them.  

4 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Is the CVS test a Rapid result antigen test?  If so it is accepted.  Here's a link to the Celebrity site with types of tests you can use.

Health & Safety FAQs: Find Answers Online | Celebrity Cruises

Another option might be at the airport.

4 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Is the CVS test a Rapid result antigen test?  If so it is accepted.  Here's a link to the Celebrity site with types of tests you can use.

Health & Safety FAQs: Find Answers Online | Celebrity Cruises

Another option might be at the airport.

No the CVS Rapid is a PCR not a antigen.  No Rapid Antigen are available here near us at all.  

I did a google search and there are a number of labs in Fort Lauderdale who offer rapid test.  
These labs  charge a fee and many probably don't take insurance.  Here are some:

fasttestnow.com  888-527-1176

arcpointlabs.com 954-758-7810

covidfll.com  - advertise  next day result $75

We are  on the same sailing and are doing the BinaxNow test on Thursday.

Good luck & we will see you on the ship.

Celebrity accepts the Abbott ID Now Test. It's written clearly in the FAQ's. 

https://www.abbott.com/IDNOW.html

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs#testing-and-screening-faqs

Bullet 1: Any Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician...

2005781064_ScreenShot2021-10-11at11_38_49AM.thumb.png.a2011f7b57f3db556757f2453589f420.png

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, I am going to apologize up front for my question because I know it has been answered but there appears to still be confusion as witnessed on this post:

Is the Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID Now) Rapid Molecular Test performed at Walgreens accepted by Celebrity?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

OK, I am going to apologize up front for my question because I know it has been answered but there appears to still be confusion as witnessed on this post:

Is the Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID Now) Rapid Molecular Test performed at Walgreens accepted by Celebrity?

Have you looked at X's website for confirmation, yet?

In health and bon voyage

Just now, Bo1953 said:

Have you looked at X's website for confirmation, yet?

I have however, if you look at the original post, Walgreens told the OP it was not acceptable to Celebrity. It would be great if someone who has actually received the ID Now test from Walgreens and had that test accepted by Celebrity would respond. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

I have however, if you look at the original post, Walgreens told the OP it was not acceptable to Celebrity. It would be great if someone who has actually received the ID Now test from Walgreens and had that test accepted by Celebrity would respond. 

Here is the list of tests accepted by X, per the website:

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test

As such, the Walgreens response is, in fact, correct, so currently ID Now is not acceptable.

I doubt you will receive a different response as most who have sailed AND post on CC followed the instructions and took the acceptable tests as shown on X's website. Yes, this has evolved and changed.

Still not satisfied? You may want to call X directly instead of relying on what some of us may say here... as what we say may not be currently applicable.

In health and bon voyage

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

I am going crazy here trying to get a Covid Test for our saturday cruise.  I spoke to Walgreen's near me they say if I take the Antigent test on Friday I may not have my results until sometime saturday so that doesn't work. We sail saturday.   No other tests are available at Walgreen's near me that Celebrity will approve of.  I asked him about the Walgreens Rapid Test ID NOW and he said no it doesn't jibe with what Celebrity says they want.  

So on to CVS, same thing the CVS PCR/NAAT test takes 1-3 days.  So that does not work.  

SO my question is will Celebrity take the results from the CVS Rapid-result Test PCR?  That is what I now have scheduled for Thursday.

I also ordered the test from the company Celebrity suggested and I am waiting to see when they ship.  Ordered last friday, no shipping email yet from them.  

Call Optum and complain.  Also, find their ad on social media and complain.  Our 1st set of kits might be damaged and they agreed to replace them.  When it was taking too long I emailed twice, called twice and finally gave a negative comment on social media.  They messaged me for contact info, called me within 10 minutes and the kits were shipped overnight that day.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovrccl said:

I should read better, I would also call, you could easily get them Wednesday..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

I called and talked to the pharmacist because someone in CC said it wasn't. So I read the info from Celebrity to my pharmacist and he said no it wouldn't be.

1 hour ago, CruisinNole said:

Person posted on RCCL side that Royal accepted the ID Now from Walgreens.

I just spoke with a Captain's Club representative who said Celebrity does not endorse a particular brand of Covid test and since the site states that the only tests not accepted are the antibody and unsupervised at-home tests, the ID Now test is acceptable. I told him I sure wish that Celebrity's site would match Royal Caribbean. That appears to be asking too much. 

Edited by CruisinNole
  • Like 1