Who has booked for Alaska 2007?

sea_u_onboard

Since Carnival has started booking Alaska for 2007 I wanted to start a thread for who has booked for 2007 (suggested by another board member). You don't have to be sailing on Carnival to post to this thread - but I'm not sure if any of the other lines are booking 2007 yet.

So step right up -

I booked our family of 4 on Carnival Spirit for July 4, 2007 - 7A.

Well, of course you know I am!!

We are now booked on the Spirit Northbound May 30, 2007 in 5236, the longer obstructed view 7A. I changed from my roundtrip Glacier Bay in the 8G because the price difference between the two will allow extra money for airfare, and we had A LOT longer in ports plus a stop in Sitka now.

We realistically have 3 days:

Wednesday-disembark

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday-hoping to fly home

We're going to have to pack it in, good thing we are young and adventurous!

Well, I changed AGAIN!! This is the 3rd Alaskan Cruise I have booked in 4 days!

We are now on the Spirit Southbound on June 20, 2007. I changed because I would rather do our **marathon** Denali trip before the cruise. Instead of Weds-Weds on the ship, Weds-Saturday driving, Sunday flying, and then back to work at least by Tuesday, we will fly out on Saturday, Sunday-Wednesday driving, Weds-Weds on the ship, Thursday or Friday fly home, and 2 days to rest before going back to work on Monday!

...hopefully I won't go read more old posts and change my mind again. My husband thinks I am NUTS!! At least I am finding the info out now, when I can change and get the extended balcony I want.

Carnival has been the first one out of the gates for the last several years now. Generally speaking, I haven't seen the others post their cruises until the end of April thru mid May. Last year NCL came out in early May followed by RCI and Princess in mid to late May. I can't speak for HAL as I wasn't looking for them.

I do believe that this may be the earliest I've heard of Carnival posting their Alaskan cruises. It seems to me the last couple of years they came out in either March or April. All I can really recall is that they were far earlier than everyone else.

Booked this week for the Spirit Northbound July 11, 2007. Booked early to take advantage of the military rate and get an extended aft balcony.

Had to laugh yesterday when my DH pointed out we were only 499 days away from our Alaska cruise.:eek:

Thank goodness we have our Liberty cruise in May to break up the wait.

For Virginia Beach Cheryl:

My DH just got back from there today. He had a meeting at one of our accounts (Virginia Beach Convention center).

He said he stayed at the nicest new Hilton on the beach. How would that be for a family beach weekend in the summer? Too crowded? Too cold in June?

Thanks.

BTW, we all spell it the same too!!

Cheryl seems to be a popular name on this thread. I haven't seen this many Cheryl's in a long time. Maybe we are all from the same generation - born in the 60's?????

Well it looks like I'm the senior "Cheryl" here! I had to face the big 5-0 a few months ago. :eek:

Cheryl (the elder!)

For Virginia Beach Cheryl:

My DH just got back from there today. He had a meeting at one of our accounts (Virginia Beach Convention center).

He said he stayed at the nicest new Hilton on the beach. How would that be for a family beach weekend in the summer? Too crowded? Too cold in June?

The new Hilton is gorgeous and Virginia Beach is plenty hot in June! We do draw a good crowd here between Memorial Day and Labor Day, as any resort area does. The key is to avoid the three big holiday weekends (Memorial, 4th of July, and Labor) We have nice shoulder seasons in May and September when the weather is usually pretty good. The water's a little chilly in May, though. The City website is at vbgov.com. That's a good place to see what festivals are scheduled and to find other related links.

Cheryl

Archived