Question about Riviera

espmass

New to Oceania with first cruise this coming February.  Is the only breakfast place the Main Dining Room?  I don't see another place listed.  I assume the Terrace Cafe is in place of a regular buffet but a sample breakfast menu is not listed for that.  If it's the MDR, does anyone know what time it opens in the morning?  Thanks so much.

Terrace Cafe has lovely breakfasts. Buffet style....excellent omlets made to order. Hot and cold dishes.   when we last went it was right after nueurovirus outbreak just before our cruise.  Staff was behind a heavy plastic shield and handed us our food. I expect it will be this way after covid.

Well, The Terrace and regular buffet are certainly not synonyms. There is a lot of excellent food there. I personally like the MDR as I generally like to take it easy in the early mornings. 

Historically there has been breakfast at the Waves Grill but I might have read somewhere that might change. Can't remember the particulars on that right now. Also light pastries in Horizons and the Executive Lounge & Concierge lounge if you have access to those. Or at least there used to be. Maybe not now. 

There is also room service available, Hot service for Concierge and above and Continental for Veranda B1 and down. 

Can't remember the opening time, but it's generally open by the time we get up. LOL, Actually I think I remember usually being some of the first ones in for breakfast, so it's probably between 7-8 am. The daily newsletters will have all that information in them. 

Edited by ORV

Thanks so much for the information.  ORV, I did not mean to imply that I thought the Terrace is the same buffet that I am used to with Celebrity and Princess.  I am totally looking forward to experiencing it all with Oceania from breakfast to all the different specialty restaurants.

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

Pretty much, or any other buffet. I don't think there's much "regular" about it. But I was making a joke also, wasn't really arguing any semantics. 

Gotcha. We liked the Terrace so much that we had most of our non-specialty dinners there.

• Like 3

Maybe a newbie faux pax because no O veteran would ever compare the three meals a day served in the Terrace Cafe to other lines. Meals cooked to order, not just all the wonderful fare served buffet style. Also now lots of plant based, vegetarian and vegan and smoothie bar items for the healthy eaters. Might I also suggest your morning coffee be from Baristas along with some fresh pastries. Oh yes, make sure you get to Tea at 4:00-5:00. ENJOY!

Mauibabes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clo said:

Gotcha. We liked the Terrace so much that we had most of our non-specialty dinners there.

Exactly, while we do enjoy the MDR we can generally always get the same choices(and more) with very little effort for dinner. 

• Like 2

So many options:

Terrace for full buffet breakfast and made to order omelettes.

Grand Dining Room for made to order menu/waited service with the only grilled lamb chops on a cruise line that I am aware of.

Pastries and coffee in Horizons.

Pastries and wide variety of coffee in Baristas.

Same, maybe more limited selection in Concierge and Executive Lounges. 
Maybe… fruit and pastries buffet in Waves. 

• Like 1

Thank you all.  My mouth is watering already and I'm not cruising until February.  Everything sounds so good.  Glad we have finally decided to try the Oceania experience.  How sad is it that I will be thinking of the food for the next 3 months?  Good thing I don't have a weight issue.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ORV said:

Exactly, while we do enjoy the MDR we can generally always get the same choices(and more) with very little effort for dinner. 

Bob claimed to have gotten tired of lobster tails...that lasted about two days 🙂 His fave were the grilled lamb chops, lobster tails and shrimp with some salad.

pre covid

On the O class ships  WAVES had hot breakfast items as well as fruit & pastries  until 11 am

On Embarkation day the crew are busy delivering luggage &  getting ready for Muster drill  so Afternoon tea does not happen 

I do not believe room service  delivers either until later in the evening 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

pre covid

On the O class ships  WAVES had hot breakfast items as well as fruit & pastries  until 11 am

On Embarkation day the crew are busy delivering luggage &  getting ready for Muster drill  so Afternoon tea does not happen 

I do not believe room service  delivers either until later in the evening 

We boarded somewhat late due to feijoada and caipirinhas in Rio. Slept it off 🙂 and had room service burger for our first dinner.

2 minutes ago, clo said:

We boarded somewhat late due to feijoada and caipirinhas in Rio. Slept it off 🙂 and had room service burger for our first dinner.

Did you have your burger  before 6pm or later in the evening?