Going Ashore Independently

Janet-

From 1 November we can now go ashore independently, subject to local protocols. I was looking forward to the lifting of this restriction but now it's happening I am feeling a bit apprehensive. How do you all feel about stepping outside your Saga bubble?

1 hour ago, Janet- said:

From 1 November we can now go ashore independently, subject to local protocols. I was looking forward to the lifting of this restriction but now it's happening I am feeling a bit apprehensive. How do you all feel about stepping outside your Saga bubble?

No different to going into a shop, pub or restaurant in the UK. Probably safer if abroad, given that most countries have less cases of Covid than the UK!

• Like 1

The difference is going into a shop or restaurant in the UK  you would then go home not into the ships close confines to spread or pick up germs.

The problem, as I see it, is that if you catch Covid you will be offloaded at the next port and quarantined and obviously there is more risk of catching Covid if you are no longer in a bubble. It looks as though  insurance would probably not cover your companion so do they stay on the ship and return to Southampton, if they are allowed to.  

I wonder if we have more Covid cases because we test more? I've searched but have not found any data on the testing ratio 

We definitely test more than European countries thats why our rates are always higher. I know in Spain you have only recently been able to buy Antigen Tests at their pharmacys, they don’t get them free like we do, therefore they test less. Thats why they were amber for so long.