Prime and Sunset Concierge Class Stateroom

poffles

Anyone seeing the newly introduced room selections in Concierge 'Prime' and 'Sunset'? 

I was looking at the very new 2023 Alaska cruises (Eclipse 7 day) and I now see they have different selections in Concierge category, Prime and Sunset in addition to the prior just being Concierge.  For the cruise I selected, the Prime Concierge cost was $50 pp more, the Sunset Concierge was $150 more.  I am booked on this same ship just prior and it remains unchanged, still just Concierge, so it must be kicking off as new itineraries are posted.

I am assuming that the only difference is room location as I definitely get different room offerings for each but it doesn't seem 100% clear so hoping that's the only difference.  The detail write up on each is not 'exactly' the same but it's not different enough to clearly know if there is something added to the 'elevated' Prime and Sunset or if there is something taken away from base Concierge.  Thinking it must be similar to the past 'pull apart' that has happened to the Veranda category and it is all just about location.

44 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Looks like they are renaming them  C1 is now  Sunset, C2s are now Prime.  Sounds better than the old 1. 2. 3 and less confusing.

Agree with less confusing once one realizes what they are and it does align with the Veranda labels.

That naming convention will carry over into almost all of the categories. 

Veranda will be Veranda (partial view), Veranda, Prime Veranda, Deluxe Veranda and Sunset Veranda. On an S class ship the Deluxe category would be the hump/angle cabins with larger balcony. Aqua will be Aqua and Prime Aqua. It will take some getting used to but it does provide a little more clarity when you are booking on the Celebrity site itself. 

Apparently Aqua Class Sky Suite is being carried over from Beyond to S Class as well. They are on sale on late Eclipse cruise. Sky Suite will also be Sky Suite or Sunset Sky Suite. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

That naming convention will carry over into almost all of the categories. 

Veranda will be Veranda (partial view), Veranda, Prime Veranda, Deluxe Veranda and Sunset Veranda. On an S class ship the Deluxe category would be the hump/angle cabins with larger balcony. Aqua will be Aqua and Prime Aqua. It will take some getting used to but it does provide a little more clarity when you are booking on the Celebrity site itself. 

For Concierge, the hump cabins appear to be Prime.  At least that is what I seen for the Eclipse sailing I was looking at.  The 'base' Concierge was showing only deck 10 cabins all behind midship bump out (unless my recall is wrong).  Perhaps Deluxe will go away and Prime will be the new label.

Edited by poffles

4 minutes ago, poffles said:

For Concierge, the hump cabins appear to be Prime.  At least that is what I seen for the Eclipse sailing I was looking at.  The 'base' Concierge was showing only deck 10 cabins all behind midship bump out (unless my recall is wrong). 

Prime in CC class is hump and angle (larger balconies) since the next incremental step up is Sunset Prime includes both types.

In the standard Veranda category there is a Deluxe layer in between Prime and Sunset.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Prime in CC class is hump and angle (larger balconies) since the next incremental step up is Sunset Prime includes both types.

In the standard Veranda category there is a Deluxe layer in between Prime and Sunset.

I see now what you are referring to, I didn't look at that in my future selection so didn't realize that category was also now broken down like that ... duh.  When you said 'would' I thought you were making a guess that it would happen, not that it 'is' happening.  All good if it makes for some sort of consistency and perhaps instant recognition across and within the categories.

Edited by poffles

It appears they must still be 'working' on all this.  For the itinerary I was viewing, at this moment the Sunset Concierge no longer appears as an option and I can't imagine it is sold out that fast. Of the two Concierge still presented(base and Prime) they do not show the rooms that would be within the area I've booked on the cruise prior so there seem to be room gaps.  My cabin is a C3 which I would expect to be the base Concierge but that selection only shows deck ten and my room is deck nine.

Oh well, was not booking at this moment anyway but was interested in price if I decided to stay on and be in the same cabin for this following Alaska sailing.  Guess I will have to give it time but for now I can have a rough idea ... and I'm not calling 🙂