Changes behind the scenes.

Riocca

Things look as though they’re changing with the gradual separation from the old owners, we made a booking on the 17th August and this was the wording at the foot of the confirmation:

The cruise is supplied / operated by SP Cruises OpCo Limited
a Bermuda company with registered office address at
Park Place, 3rd Floor,55 Par-la-Ville Road,Hamilton HM11,Bermuda The booking office is RCL Cruises Ltd, of 3 The Heights Brooklands Weybridge,Surrey,KT13 0NY Company No. 0736612. VAT No. 102833940 The Holiday is organised by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Today we made a new booking, unbelievably for 2024!, and the wording has changed to:

The cruise is supplied / operated by SP Cruises OpCo Limited The booking office is SP Cruises Ireland Limited Maples Fiduciary Services Ireland Limited Ballsbridge
Dublin, County Dublin
D02

The recorded messages haven’t changed and still refer to Royal Caribbean being responsible for the administration of the booking as does the first paragraph of the t&c’s, but then it still referred to 3 boutique ships as well so could probably do with updating.

Also when making the previous direct bookings we’ve been offered the opportunity to pay the deposit a week or so later this time there was no such offer and the deposit was requested at the time of booking.

I have noticed over the years that there are differences in payment schedules between those cruisers from Europe and ones from the US. We have always had to pay deposit on booking. Also, we have had to make final payment 120 days before the cruise. We were given a couple of extra weeks for an August 2021 cruise but still ended up making the final payment and the cruise being cancelled a week later.

Pre pandemic we always booked with a Travel Agent who always required the deposit paid at the point of booking, however along with many others we’ve stopped using agents after their antics during the pandemic, which sadly are ongoing.

So it came as a surprise with the first two direct bookings to be offered the grace period, not that we took up the offer as it would only mean having to make another phone call.

Another difference I’ve just noticed normally payments made to Azamara show up as “Celebrity Cruises, Paris” on credit card transactions the one made today is showing as “Azamara, Dublin”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

Pre pandemic we always booked with a Travel Agent who always required the deposit paid at the point of booking, however along with many others we’ve stopped using agents after their antics during the pandemic, which sadly are ongoing.

So it came as a surprise with the first two direct bookings to be offered the grace period, not that we took up the offer as it would only mean having to make another phone call.

Another difference I’ve just noticed normally payments made to Azamara show up as “Celebrity Cruises, Paris” on credit card transactions the one made today is showing as “Azamara, Dublin”.

My  CC payments have showed up as Azamara, not Celebrity. Maybe different in US?

7 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

My  CC payments have showed up as Azamara, not Celebrity. Maybe different in US?

Can’t ever remember any payment to Azamara pre cruise or onboard account ever showing as anything other than Celebrity, possibly just a U.K. thing. Last cruise in 2019 said Celebrity Quest, Weybridge, this is where the U.K. office is.

Mine showed up as Azamara quite a few times when I did direct bookings.  It varied, sometimes Celebrity and sometimes Azamara.  To be honest, its not something that bothers me, obviously once the full separation goes through I might be worried if I was paying the former parent but for now, anything will be nice 🙂 

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

My last ones charged in June-August say Azamara Cruises Miami. I wonder whether it makes a difference what payment method you use?  These were AMEX. 

Phil 

Quite possible, ours have always been Mastercard. Thought it was interesting to see the subtle changes on the paperwork, however it’s good to be back planning and booking ahead just hoping now that we will be able to actually do the cruises we’ve booked.