Explorer of the Seas formal nights

beshears

I may be a little early in asking this question because of the Pandemic and Covid, but I'm going to ask anyway.

We are to do the "7 day" Explorer of the Seas the first part of January.  I understand there are 2 formal nights.  If our cruise is from Sunday to Sunday (no sea days), if you know, which two days would be formal nights?

Thank you for your response to my question. So if I understand you right, if we start our cruise on Sunday evening, and you say nights 2 and 6 are formal nights, then would Monday or Tuesday be considered the 2nd night?

As for "dressing my best", I always do that! I am over 70 and I get compliments from strangers all the time for the way I dress, especially for formal night. Actually when I go to the MDR in the evening, I STILL dress nice, but not as formal. 🙂

8 hours ago, beshears said:

This way I can let the other 7 people know that Monday and Friday will be our formal nights.

Probably. But I wouldn't plan anything assuming that as a definite.

I say this as someone who used to love dressing up in a tux on formal night, so not a hater. But the trend of fewer and fewer people paying any attention to it that started pre-pandemic has only accelerate since. Do what gives you joy.

Publicpersona, I'm sure you looked handsome in your Tux, as my 3 sons "surprised" me a few years ago, by dressing all the same. At my age, over 70, I like to dress to the 9's as I don't get to do it every day.  So if I get a chance for formal night, I will. 🙂