sightseeing ideas Vancouver June 2022?

Hello, I have a cruise out of Vancouver to Alaska in early June 2022 and I have booked the hotel to allow 2 full days of Vancouver sightseeing before the cruise (and also to allow extra time in case of flight delays).  I'd probably end up with 2.5 days or even 3, depending on how my flights end up.  What are the must dos of Vancouver?  I realize this might be different post (or during) covid than before, when I did all my research (2+ yrs ago).  I am thinking about changing that to have only one day in Vancouver and 2 days in Anchorage, but I am leaning towards keeping it as is b/c I think Vancouver has a lot of different types of things to do, and Anchorage seems to have a lot of similar things to what I'd do on the cruise (to Ketchican, Juneau, Skagway).  Thank you so much for any ideas. My one time in Canada so far is a Niagara Falls several years ago, which was so falls oriented it seemed like I didn't really see any of Canada. 

Local here... what sorts of things are you into?

There are the usual tourist traps I can recommend like the gastown steam clock..... which I have no idea why it is considered so cool.

Granville island market is a thing, though again not sure what the fuss is there.

Stanley park and the Aquarium is neat, though modest compared to some in the world.

Up grouse mountain by cable car to have a great view and a nice meal or walk around?

Or hard mode, do the "grousee grind" and hike up that mountain like a boss!

The suspension bridge I have not been to but is all the rage with tourists.

Not near an ocean? I can recommend some ocean.

From somwhere that is flat or has hills only? Up a mountain I shall recommend.

If you have the two days, a day trip to Victoria could be fun.

How can I help?

<<This user may vanish when Granville island business owners track him down>>

As Lowyfer mentions, standard caveat is that suggestions are dependent on what your interests are but here's my quick take some of the better & easier ideas that can be drilled down further if any interest you.

With two days and no vehicle, I'd focus sightseeing in the downtown core and periphery, though many other sites are accessible by public transit.

IMO, the best of Vancouver are outdoor areas/sights and neighbourhoods.  In early June, it's starting to transition to dry weather but you may need to prepare for showers. 

Seawall walk/circuit:  Vancouver has a fairly extensive seawall that takes you around some beautiful areas of Vancouver and some of the major sites.  We do various parts of it at least once a week. 

Granville Island:  Just outside the downtown core.  Has a public market, arts & craft vendors, some good places to eat, local brewery, and great views of False Creek.  Vancouver Children's Festival might be going on.  We like going there every few weeks as part of our walk to grab lunch or foodstuff.

Stanley Park:  Lots to explore in the park; seawall, beaches, totem poles, lighthouse, 9 o'clock (PM) gun, etc.  Aquarium is here.  Don't feed the animals though, long story.  

English Bay:  Great view of sunset.  Lively area and a hive of activity at night.

Canada Place/Convention Centre/Jack Poole Plaza:  Iconic buildings, the 2010 Olympic cauldron, interesting art pieces, great view of the harbour and North Vancouver

Gastown:  Historic neighbourhood with cobblestone streets.  Pretty touristy.  A few things to take a picture of:  Steam clock, Gassy Jack statue, etc.  A lot of pubs in the neighbourhood so is pretty lively at night.

Shipyards Night Market:  This happens Friday nights across harbour in North Vancouver.  Pretty easy to get to.  Live music, food trucks, arts & craft vendors, great view of downtown Vancouver.

Robson Street:  Retail Shops and places to eat.

Denman Street:  Lots of places to eat.

Davie Street:  Retail and places to eat.  

Granville Street:  Retail shops and places to eat.  Can get sketchy particularly on the south end by the bridge.  It's a major nightclub district at night if that's your thing, otherwise avoid.

Foodwise, early June should be spot prawn season.  If you want to seek out local product to eat, it would be spot prawns, salmon (typical), or (smoked) sablefish (aka black cod).  

Vancouver has some really good food trucks though the scene isn't as good as Portland.  Good ones you might find downtown are:  Tacofino, Disco Cheetah, Mom's Grilled Cheese Truck, Japadog (though, kind of gotten a bit expensive for a hotdog & tourist trappy).

All of these are great ideas, thanks!  I will have no car but am good with finding public transport of all types.  I am not into anything physically strenuous like hiking but am ok with being outdoors awhile.  I would want to save up some of my energy for the cruise (it's my first, and quite long delayed) and will be adjusting to 3 hrs of jet lag.  I've done a lot of museums in a lot of places but would consider doing one if it were really unique to Vancouver.

Walking in and around the downtown core and particularly the seawall is relatively easy and flat but going end to end does get a little far.  

The most unique museum in Vancouver is likely the Museum of Anthropology that has a large west coast first nations collection.  The building and grounds are somewhat unique too.  I enjoyed it the last time I visited which was years ago but haven't felt the need to go again. The only problem is that it's out at the University of British Columbia (my alma mater) which is like an hour trek on public transit from downtown.  Not sure if visiting the MoA is worth it alone unless you want to visit the university campus grounds which has some interesting architecture and a few view points.  

What might be more bang for you buck from a cluster of sites are the Museum of Vancouver and/or the Planetarium which is also near by Kitsilano (Kits) Beach and somewhat close to Granville Island.  But I wouldn't consider the museum and planetarium must see level.  

There are also a few museums downtown like the BC Sports Hall of Fame (not sure if you'd be interesting in local sports history), Vancouver Police Museum (I've never been), etc. but I also wouldn't necessarily consider them must see either.  

There is the Art Gallery in the heart of downtown which occasionally has some interesting/well known exhibitions.  It also had a really popular cafe that was known to be a bit of a hidden gem.  But the operator of the cafe changed just before covid and I haven't been working downtown to give it a go.