Can i Make This Flight

bigjohnwvu

5 hours ago, bigjohnwvu said:

Can I make a 10:40 flight departure out of Tampa?

Really, really unclear what you are asking - this is for "Gulf Coast Departures" forum.

Are you Driving / Flying from Tampa??, To Tampa??

If Flying - what is your flight time/arrival time and to which airport in Houston, and what is your cruise boarding time.

In these uncertain flying times...best to be asking how many days margin needed, not hours...

You could probably make that flight but you never know when something might go wrong like authorities taking longer to clear the ship for debarkation or a slow down in going through customs, or a slow down at airport security, etc.  I always pick a flight that departs just after noon time.

Edited by Oakman58
  • Like 1

I took a cruise out of Tampa in February a few years ago and on our way back, fog rolled in and we had to stay out of the port area with all of the commercial transport ships for quite a few hours.  Waking up to fog horns was rather interesting.  By the time we docked back in Tampa port, I would have missed my flight.  Luckily we were able to rebook while still on the ship but I chose a flight for the next day.  Southwest Airlines policy was very helpful and trip insurance covered the hotel stay.

We've sailed out of Tampa multiple times and have been late getting back to port twice.  Once was due to fog and once was due to a freighter being stuck in the channel.   I always book a late afternoon/early evening or next day flight coming home from Tampa for that reason.

58 minutes ago, bigjohnwvu said:

wondering if I can disembark and make a 10:40 flight out of TPA

OK - Now I understand - 

Assuming you dock at 7 AM - and you do Independent Travel Disembarkation (Haul your own luggage off the ship) you might be on the dock by say 7:45. 

Tampa Cruise Port is 9 miles (20 minutes) from the Tampa Airport. 

Catching a taxi/Uber/Lyft and driving to the airport put you at the airport by say 8:30 

So you should be fine...

TSA Pre✓ would be advisable,

Does not appear they have Global Entry at Tampa Cruise Port

Edited by RGEDad
Added TSA PreCheck

10 hours ago, bigjohnwvu said:

Can I make a 10:40 AM flight out of Tampa?

My wife and I have sailed out of Tampa twice. Both times our flights were 10:10 - 10:15am. We made both of them with ease. We were off the ship and in a cab at 7:45, arrived at the airport 20 minutes later

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigjohnwvu said:

Our return on the Breakaway this past Sunday in NY was delayed two hours by currents in NY.  Out of almost 20 sailings, we’ve had I think 3-4 delayed by two hours or more. So a 80-85% on time rate is pretty good, but is it worth the hassle of missing a flight, especially with the lack of available seats overall nowadays?  You could be stranded for days. 

15 hours ago, bigjohnwvu said:

Howdy @bigjohnwvu emo22.gif

Your two threads on same topic have been merged & moved to the Florida Departures forum. Now the newly merged thread will be on topic in the correct forum.

I hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

On 10/13/2021 at 3:52 AM, bigjohnwvu said:

Who knows? If the Good Lord's Willing and the Creek Don't Rise maybe yes; maybe no.  If the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets and your chances might be better.  CONTEXT?

On 10/13/2021 at 7:09 AM, Treasure Hunter said:

Probably, but you’ll make yourself sick with worry.

On 10/13/2021 at 7:09 AM, Sthrngary said:

Not worth the risk.  

Two very good answers.

I would not risk it. Why stress yourself out after a vacation?

On 10/14/2021 at 9:21 AM, scottca075 said:

Two very good answers.

I would not risk it. Why stress yourself out after a vacation?

Maybe they are like me.  I don't stress at all even if I miss my flight.  I spend the night, have a nice dinner and leave the next day. Foe me life is too short to stress.