Premium Package, is it worthwhile?

I am hoping to take a Marella cruise to the Canaries in January with my Goddaughter who is an adult.  Can you tell me how worthwhile the Premium package is please?  

Is the regular coffee bad enough to want the Lavazza ones?

Are the other included wines palatable and how much better are the Premium ones?

I know some cocktails are included in the regular price. Are the premium ones that much superior?

Thanks.

We've always upgraded, we like going to the coffee port and getting a 'proper' coffee or a cold coffee / shake.  I also like the bottled water that gets delivered to your cabin.  I really don't think you 'need' to upgrade, there is more than enough available without it,  but we just think it's not actually that much to upgrade to have a nicer experience. And because we've upgraded we always make sure we choose the most expensive wine on the menu - just because.......  🙂  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cinnamon said:

I am hoping to take a Marella cruise to the Canaries in January with my Goddaughter who is an adult.  Can you tell me how worthwhile the Premium package is please?  

Is the regular coffee bad enough to want the Lavazza ones?

Are the other included wines palatable and how much better are the Premium ones?

I know some cocktails are included in the regular price. Are the premium ones that much superior?

Thanks.

The upgrade price works out at about £16 to £18 per couple per day, the canned soft drinks are usually £1 per can the Speciality coffee has about a £2 + uplift and the daily bottle of water  can be purchased ashore for 50 cents a bottle. We find that the standard all inclusive is sufficient for us and we pay as we go for anything that we want that is not included.

Choices choices 🤔😉

Hope this helps.

40 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

Many thanks for your replies, very helpful.

If I don't choose it when booking is it possible to upgrade once onboard or is that much more expensive?

As soon as you set foot onboard you will be approached by staff( usually in the bars) selling the package. I don’t believe it is more expensive to purchase at that point.

Keep well.😉

56 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

As soon as you set foot onboard you will be approached by staff( usually in the bars) selling the package. I don’t believe it is more expensive to purchase at that point.

Keep well.😉

A  long read but gives you an idea of what’s on offer.

https://emmacruises.com/marella-cruises-all-inclusive-drinks-list/

• Thanks 2

Hi, must say we always upgrade as seeing bar staff on more than one occasion refilling empty coke bottles from the pump really put me off. Also explained why on our first Marella cruise my drinks (vodka & Coke) we’re always flat and watery.

On the cruise I have just booked, a 7 night Canaries cruise the upgrade was £8.57 a person. I believe we easily save this as we prefer the dearer wines and I'm no expert and also the coffees are easily worth it. On top of that there is no "worry" of a bill at the end that you didn't expect. Just have to keep the wife out the shops.🤣

On 10/18/2021 at 12:00 PM, squink said:

For information the cost of the premium drinks package when booked was £120 for two over 7d, so yes £18/d or £9 each obviously. That's 2 rounds of San Miguel/d, a personal favourite 😁

Promotional offers at time of booking reduced the overall cost of booking by 10%, so actually £108

Edited by squink

We've taken it both cruises with marella and defo worth it, OH likes his gordons and tonic and i like a bellini pre dinner and always have bottle pinot grigio for me and bottle of merlot for OH with dinner also like being able to go to the coffee port, its amazing how little extras can add up so no bill at end is a bonus. 

Doing sober october at moment and its a killer but the weights dropping off lol

On 10/23/2021 at 2:45 PM, 2BACRUISER said:

We've taken it both cruises with marella and defo worth it, OH likes his gordons and tonic and i like a bellini pre dinner and always have bottle pinot grigio for me and bottle of merlot for OH with dinner also like being able to go to the coffee port, its amazing how little extras can add up so no bill at end is a bonus. 

Doing sober october at moment and its a killer but the weights dropping off lol

Does the premium package include bottled wine with meals.  I didn't think that was the case, but will be delighted if wrong?

1 minute ago, dmsw00 said:

Many thanks for your prompt reply - I guarantee I won't blame you if the situation has changed!!

It certainly made it worthwhile for us as 2 bottles wine usually racks upto £50-£60 per night, then pre dinner drinks and going to club after show 🍻🥂🍾 lol