Voyage Health Requirements by Voyage - this will update as conditions change - bookmark!!

Pcardad

Pcardad:

Thanks for posting this link. We were not aware of it although we are in compliance with requirements having found them elsewhere.  Very timely for us since we leave in two weeks.  
Z and TB

• Like 1

"within 72 hours of your travel date"

Does that mean 72 before I board my flight to my precruise destination where I will stay several days, or within 72 hours of boarding the ship.

If you (or anyone) are able to clarify I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks

Sharon 

• Like 2

72 hours prior to your flight departure. You will be tested again at the pier. As I understand it, the 72 hours is a requirement of the country you are flying into.  You wont be allowed on the flight without the 72 hour test.  At least this is the way it worked when embarking in Southampton on 9/22.

34 minutes ago, wcsdkqh said:

72 hours prior to your flight departure. You will be tested again at the pier. As I understand it, the 72 hours is a requirement of the country you are flying into.  You wont be allowed on the flight without the 72 hour test.  At least this is the way it worked when embarking in Southampton on 9/22.

Except for countries where they don't have that requirement.  Like Denmark right now.  I assumed it was 72 hours before you boarded.  Pre-cruises definitely stretch that model, especially if they are several days long.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Except for countries where they don't have that requirement.  Like Denmark right now.  I assumed it was 72 hours before you boarded.  Pre-cruises definitely stretch that model, especially if they are several days long.

Incorrect assumption on your part. We spent 4 days in London prior to boarding

Thanks for this information. I note that Regent require the PCR/antigen test details and results to be in English. As I live in France, mine will unsurprisingly be - in French. Has anyone had problems when showing proof of testing in another language? Will my translation be adequate?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pcardad said:

It is 72 hours prior to leaving on your trip....personally, I will base it off the time the first flight leaves.

They want to know you are NOT sick before leaving on your trip.

Yes of course they do, for insurance and liability purposes.  But don't they want you tested 72 hours before you board as well?  What if someone takes a week-long pre-cruise, for instance?

1 hour ago, sailing oldie said:

Thanks for this information. I note that Regent require the PCR/antigen test details and results to be in English. As I live in France, mine will unsurprisingly be - in French. Has anyone had problems when showing proof of testing in another language? Will my translation be adequate?

Wow, good point. I wonder what the U.S. and Canada do about this problem, i.e., tests that returning travellers must take abroad?

4 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Yes of course they do, for insurance and liability purposes.  But don't they want you tested 72 hours before you board as well?  What if someone takes a week-long pre-cruise, for instance?

You are REQUIRED to be tested immediately before boarding.

You are suggested to be tested 72 hours before your trip...to establish baseline of not being sick before your trip begins.

6 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Wow, good point. I wonder what the U.S. and Canada do about this problem, i.e., tests that returning travellers must take abroad?

Regent has you tested on board. If you stay for additional post-cruise vacation you are on your own.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

You are REQUIRED to be tested immediately before boarding.

You are suggested to be tested 72 hours before your trip...to establish baseline of not being sick before your trip begins.

Yes, as I said.  It's the 72 hours that's the issue, when you have a pre-cruise stay.  So it sounds like you'd want to: test before you leave home; then test again 72 hours prior to boarding; then of course Regent would test you again on board.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Regent has you tested on board. If you stay for additional post-cruise vacation you are on your own.

Of course.  I was referring to the language issue.

1 minute ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Yes, as I said.  It's the 72 hours that's the issue, when you have a pre-cruise stay.  So it sounds like you'd want to: test before you leave home; then test again 72 hours prior to boarding; then of course Regent would test you again on board.

I read it as getting tested 72 hours before your first flight (suggested) and mandatory testing at the port....but as I have posted many times, I would email Regent and carry their written reply with you. Or just get tested along the way...it is much cheaper than borking your cruise.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bellaggio:

A trip down Memory Lane.  Bork was third down-the-line in DOJ as to carrying out Nixon's plan to somehow derail the Watergate investigation.  Elliott Richardson, AG; and Assistant AG Ruckelshaus, refused to fire the Special Prosecutor appointed to head that investigation.  They were fired in the "Saturday Night Massacre".   

Bork "carried out orders" and did so.  So--that action led directly to accelerating the investigation; which ultimately led to Nixon's resignation.  

Bork was, thereafter, persona non grata as far as getting confirmed by the U.S. Senate for a Supreme Court position.  

Well remember that Saturday night.  

Now, the above editorial is WAY OFF TOPIC.  But, could not resist.  

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 4:16 PM, sailing oldie said:

We live in France. My husband recently had a Pcr test here and the digital results on the app are in English.

• Like 1