Personal Training-Worth the cost for you?

NCLGirl2013

Good afternoon!

My husband and I have a cruise booked for Jan 9 2022 which is currently 88 days away. We have been working out all year (off and on) but I got really serious about it in about June/July. I have made good progress since then as I went from 24.8% body fat to 23.2% body fat with 23% being considered "Athletic" at my gym.  Then we went to Asheville for a week the last week of Sept/beginning of October and I got back and had gained 10lbs from that trip. So this puts me 20 lbs of FAT that I would like to lose before Jan 9th. I know muscle weighs more than fat and that I may not see a full 20lb loss on the scale itself. I really would just like to have a pretty flat stomach and slimmer thighs and have some room that when I feel bloated on the cruise it won't be ridiculous 😂 I get a body fat scan every month but today I talked with a trainer about my goals. The cost at our gym is $420 per month for three 30 minutes sessions a week with a 3 month locked in contract or $320 per month for 2x a week for the same 3 month contract. This seems like a lot of money each month but I also really want to look and feel good about myself on this next cruise.

So my question is has anyone ever hired a trainer before? Did it feel worth the money to you personally? Any experiences  or advise/comments are welcome 😊

Edited by NCLGirl2013
misspelled Asheville and changed weight lbs

Is that extra to your dues at the gym, as because you said our gym.

If you belong already I would just keep going there. do my own thing

exercising and take the free classes.

To me that seems a high price. $960 to $1260 for three months.

Hope someone that has a trainer now will answer you about what they pay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It sounds pricey, but maybe they're good (hopefully)? I'd say shop around before committing to one. Maybe there's a gym that would bundle your trainer fees get you into the gym, too, instead of on top? I personally really benefited when I had a personal trainer. Yeah I knew how to workout, but my PT helped hone my workouts and it's an extra person you're accountable to pushing you to do a bit more and go that one extra rep 🤪