Lost cabin for covid safety spacing.

robandlil

We’re on the Freedom Feb ‘22. , for a 3 night out of Miami.  Just got a letter informing us that due to Covid spacing requirements, they will be moving us to a different stateroom.!!

I've never heard of this.  Wouldn’t the walls protect us?  Anyone else?

1 minute ago, robandlil said:

We’re on the Freedom Feb ‘22. , for a 3 night out of Miami.  Just got a letter informing us that due to Covid spacing requirements, they will be moving us to a different stateroom.!!

I've never heard of this.  Wouldn’t the walls protect us?  Anyone else?

There have been a bunch of threads about it.  They are moving people so that there is an empty balcony between cabins.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

We got one too, different sailing. I'm seeing folks with GTY cabins reporting they got them as well.  Even seen a RLS get one and there's no matching cabin. 

I'm almost wondering if this is Royal IT screwing up somewhere. There's no way they should be bumping Star Class suites.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

That is strange as on a recent B2B on Mariner, we had passengers on both sides of us both cruises. 
m

Same on the Oasis Sept. 5 sail, I had a CP balcony on the 12thh deck and had passengers to right and left.  Also, what is even stranger, the ship was fully vaxxed and yet the dining room on the vaxxed only deck (3) the tables for 2 were one next to each other with less than a foot separation.

Edited by nelblu

My husband and I booked connecting balcony cabins to take advantage of double points and very nice solo pricing. I'm really looking forward to having our own bathrooms and the location is perfect for us. I really hope we don't get moved. This is for Anthem next year.

• Like 1

Read between the lines, Bayley already knows what the CDC wants next

If the CSO is extended or not is irrelevant and this may be Royal's display to the CDC that they will comply with CDC recommendations even without the CSO being formally extended and/or CSO 2.0 being published.  

Clearly there is communication and conference calls occuring with the CDC.  There must be a CDC recommendation that if cruise lines want to ease vaccine requirements then they must space out guests on board.  This also imposes a built in capacity limit of ~50%.  Very sneaky CDC.  

Edited by twangster

Didn't the CDC once float the idea of using a cabin every other sailing?  Cruise 1 use one set of cabins, cruise 2 use the cabins that were empty in cruise 1.  Cruise 3 back to cruise 1 set of cabins.   

Explains why they are displacing Royal Loft Suite guests.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

Read between the lines, Bayley already knows what the CDC wants next

If the CSO is extended or not is irrelevant and this may be Royal's display to the CDC that they will comply with CDC recommendations even without the CSO being formally extended and/or CSO 2.0 being published.  

Clearly there is communication and conference calls occuring with the CDC.  There must be a CDC recommendation that if cruise lines want to ease vaccine requirements then they must space out guests on board.  This also imposes a built in capacity limit of ~50%.  Very sneaky CDC.  

Except apparently Freedom has already sailed at more than 50%.  And, a lot of people have reported having neighbors on both sides of them.   I don't see the vaccine requirement eased anytime soon especially now that most kids can soon be vaccinated.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BND said:

Except apparently Freedom has already sailed at more than 50%.  And, a lot of people have reported having neighbors on both sides of them.   I don't see the vaccine requirement eased anytime soon especially now that most kids can soon be vaccinated.  

Nothing before Nov. 1 is being modified.  After Nov. 1 much is.  

I'm sure the CDC was not pleased with that FR sailing.  

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Nothing before Nov. 1 is being modified.  After Nov. 1 much is.  

I'm sure the CDC was not pleased with that FR sailing.  

I'd be interested in trying to compile a master list of affected sailings/cabins, see if there's any noticable pattern - itineraries, ports, sailing dates, which floors/cabins, etc.

• Like 1