Lost cabin for covid safety spacing.

robandlil

17 hours ago, robandlil said:

We’re on the Freedom Feb ‘22. , for a 3 night out of Miami.  Just got a letter informing us that due to Covid spacing requirements, they will be moving us to a different stateroom.!!

I've never heard of this.  Wouldn’t the walls protect us?  Anyone else?

We had connecting junior suites for spring break and we received this info too and I was really disappointed to lose the connecting rooms.

Then, found out they moved us to two grand suites, and I was... no longer disappointed 🙂

• Like 13
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

Will you have to pack up every cruise and move to different cabin,  assuming you have the same cabin for your b2b2b.

We did have the same cabin for all 3. When we got the letters, they all came at the same time, so Royal should know and hopefully give us the same cabin or at least close by. If not I will call and see what I can do. I really just want to be on vacation, so not the end of the world.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Nothing before Nov. 1 is being modified.  After Nov. 1 much is.  

I'm sure the CDC was not pleased with that FR sailing.  

I sure hope so. We are going October 31 and planned our rooms to be right next to my sister and very near my sister-in-law. We are all in Crown loft suite and with a super disappointed if we got moved especially to something lower.

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Didn't the CDC once float the idea of using a cabin every other sailing?  Cruise 1 use one set of cabins, cruise 2 use the cabins that were empty in cruise 1.  Cruise 3 back to cruise 1 set of cabins.   

Explains why they are displacing Royal Loft Suite guests.

How would you explain that rcl is moving and spacing but not carnival. If it were because of cdc expectations wouldnt carnival also be aware of this. 

Carnival seems to be around 60% capacity and couldnt space out later. Doesnt make sense to me it's the cdc. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

How would you explain that rcl is moving and spacing but not carnival. If it were because of cdc expectations wouldnt carnival also be aware of this. 

Carnival seems to be around 60% capacity and couldnt space out later. Doesnt make sense to me it's the cdc. 

Carnival didn't do test cruises and have already extended their protocols including vax requirement through Feb 2022.  They sail at 95% vax.  Kids by exemption only.

Royal did test cruises so unvax could sail.  There is no limit for kids on Royal.  Bring as many as you want even if they are under the vaccine age limit.  They only enforced vax requirement to satisfy the Bahamas through Nov. 1 when the Bahamas rule is lifted (unless Bahamas extends it).  

• Like 1

I received this email for our cruise on Harmony in March. I have two cabins booked, one Oceanview Balcony and one Boardwalk Balcony. I'm not sure which one will be changed. 

I'm also booked on Allure in November and on Brilliance in February for a B2B. I've not heard about any changes to these cabins. 

I got the email yesterday for our Allure Nov 21st cruise. I was concerned because we have an accessible cabin booked as my mom is mobility impaired. I emailed my TA right away and asked her what the scoop was and if she could help us not get moved to a regular cabin. She said that these changes will not affect those in accessible cabins and as for everyone else they may or may not get moved at all, but if they do it should be to the same type of cabin, just a different local. Hopefully, it will all work out. 

14 hours ago, zanydoc said:

I got the email yesterday for our Allure Nov 21st cruise. I was concerned because we have an accessible cabin booked as my mom is mobility impaired. I emailed my TA right away and asked her what the scoop was and if she could help us not get moved to a regular cabin. She said that these changes will not affect those in accessible cabins and as for everyone else they may or may not get moved at all, but if they do it should be to the same type of cabin, just a different local. Hopefully, it will all work out. 

Well that would be good for us if true.  B2B accessibles for 21 days in February.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

I was told this new policy is from November through the end of March.

That's what my TA said from the list of affected clients she has seen come through.

We got bumped from a hump JS on Deck 8 to a non-hump JS on Deck 8 just a few doors down..no change in muster station.  She who holds the pocketbook was not pleased so now we have been relocated to a Deck 6 hump JS.