Prime Rib at Pig & Anchor

deanman02

6 hours ago, doxiegal said:

Is this a specialty restaurant with a fee? I love Prime Rib and will be on this ship on Saturday

This is a new addition after the success of Guy's Burgers, Horizon and some of the newer ships have Guy's Pig and Anchor Brewhouse and BBQ. It is free for lunch and upcharge for dinner. The BBQ is open for lunch at embarkation and sea days. Dinner hours nightly.

Horizon has a dining special available onboard, 2 specials. 1) $60 for 3 including Steakhouse, and $15 credit at 2 of the others: Cucina/Italian, JiJis/Asian, Bonsai Sushi, and Pig&Anchor, savings of $8pp. Also, 2) $38 for $15 credit at your choice of 3 of the venues excluding the Steakhouse, savings of $7pp.These 2 dining specials are only on the Vista class ships. The older ships don't have all the venues.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I enjoyed it. It arrived at the table barely 5 minutes from the time we ordered. WEAK horseradish though!

PXL_20210813_225109420-XL.jpg

Tom

Saw a recent post that the MDR wasn't serving with au jus or horseradish.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I enjoyed it. It arrived at the table barely 5 minutes from the time we ordered. WEAK horseradish though!

Tom

Is it served on a slab of slate rock?  Looks like it.  Complete with tattered edges that could chip off more and be eaten.

12 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

This is what it looked like for me on the Panorma a few weeks back. It was good.

DED2F7FD-38CE-4966-A6B2-4AF03C5B4041.png

Hi,

I also ordered the prime rib, medium rare. Your dish here is like the one I had. Mine was warm/cool that went to room temp pretty quick. Meat had no juice, it was dry. The sweet potato dish with Bourbon walnuts was super bland.  The 1/2 corn on the cob ( weird, never had it served that way) was also room temp, but tasted good enough.

Both my husband & I basically thought the meal sucked, and having to pay extra too! We’re going back on Panorama in March. Obviously we won’t be going back to Pig & Anchor.

I will add …MAYBE … we had the GOOD cook’s “night off” …..🤷🏻‍♀️  
 🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

That's like a hot fudge sundae without whipped cream or a cherry!

Tom

My prime rib on the Panorama was telling me …. I NEED some moisture … as was my parched mouth! Yes, exaggeration but it was DRY Meat. 

Pig & Anchor HeadChef’s …. PLEASE add Au Jus to this dish. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mondello said:

This is a new addition after the success of Guy's Burgers, Horizon and some of the newer ships have Guy's Pig and Anchor Brewhouse and BBQ. It is free for lunch and upcharge for dinner. The BBQ is open for lunch at embarkation and sea days. Dinner hours nightly.

Horizon has a dining special available onboard, 2 specials. 1) $60 for 3 including Steakhouse, and $15 credit at 2 of the others: Cucina/Italian, JiJis/Asian, Bonsai Sushi, and Pig&Anchor, savings of $8pp. Also, 2) $38 for $15 credit at your choice of 3 of the venues excluding the Steakhouse, savings of $7pp.These 2 dining specials are only on the Vista class ships. The older ships don't have all the venues.

I don't think there is a Pig and Anchor on Vista.

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

She' on Horizon.

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Two cruises this year on two different ships and had horseradish on both. Not sure about the jus because I don't ask for that.

Did you have to request horseradish? I'd be fine with that, I like it better than the au jus. Usually I'd enjoy both except once in a while the meat is perfect.

22 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Since prime rib is slow cooked, it is available right away I am sure. That picture looks to be a perfect pink and maybe a tad light on the marbling but just about perfect for me!!!

2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Since prime rib is slow cooked, it is available right away I am sure. That picture looks to be a perfect pink and maybe a tad light on the marbling but just about perfect for me!!!

It disappeared shortly after this pic!

I'll probably try it again next month.  🙂

Tom

• Like 2

We don't have that on the Magic. I will have to settle for it in the MDR when they have it. That will be fine too. Just need the au jus. If they don't know how to get au jus from cooking prime rib, I have to question their cooks.

Edited by BoozinCroozin

15 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

There is a Pig and Anchor on the Vista, we ate at it 2 or 3 times about 3 years ago I believe.

Had too double check the Vista dining on Carnival site to make sure 😂😂

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

There is a Pig and Anchor on the Vista, we ate at it 2 or 3 times about 3 years ago I believe.

Had too double check the Vista dining on Carnival site to make sure 😂😂

i should have been more specific- there is a Pig and Anchor outdoor BBQ stand, but not a Pig and Anchor Brewhouse / Pub, which is where the prime rib would be served. Vista has a Red Frog Brewery and Pub.

10 hours ago, mondello said:

She' on Horizon.

Yes, Someone else mentioned Vista

10 hours ago, mondello said:

Did you have to request horseradish? I'd be fine with that, I like it better than the au jus. Usually I'd enjoy both except once in a while the meat is perfect.

In the MDR they should offer with Prime Rib. They would bring me little containers if I said yes. If they don't offer, ask them. Apparently in Pig and Anchor Brewhouse, they may have to go get some from another location.

• Thanks 1