Changed room, need your opinion!

klfhngr

Originally we were in a cove, but wife didn't want to be that low. So I moved to deck 10. Because of price drops, and us NOT being able to get OBC, I noticed that the premium balcony rooms also dropped. So for 200 more, I changed to a premium balcony on deck 8. 

Was that a bad choice?! Cabin 8740.

Haven’t been on this ship. But the easiest thing to do when picking rooms is go to a website like *****.com and pick a ship for a booking and then check the deck plans.  You’ll be able to see what’s above you, below you and around you as well as seeing how close to various features on the ship.

We only stay towards the bow if we’re able to book a lido deck cabin.

The 10th deck on the Panorama is the Lido deck. But you put 8740 as your cabin number which would make it deck 8. Except there is no  such number on this ship.

1 hour ago, amcankid said:

Haven’t been on this ship. But the easiest thing to do when picking rooms is go to a website like *****.com and pick a ship for a booking and then check the deck plans.  You’ll be able to see what’s above you, below you and around you as well as seeing how close to various features on the ship.

We only stay towards the bow if we’re able to book a lido deck cabin.

The 10th deck on the Panorama is the Lido deck. But you put 8740 as your cabin number which would make it deck 8. Except there is no  such number on this ship.

the site is cruise deck plans .com ? Cause thats where i go

Sorry all, it is 8470.

Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? Is it worth the upcharge? If you stayed in one of these and on Lido, which did you prefer? We paid 200 more to move to this cabin. I did check out videos and that other website, I'm just looking to you all to see if any of you have stayed in one of these rooms and if it's worth it.

Guest BasicSailor

Personally  I love the coves with exception that I avoid them during these COVID hazardous times .

So I get as close to Lido as possible just to avoid having to use the elevators. Where people tend to pack into no matter with or without mask or how many are already in the thing . As for a few floors difference . Not a lot of difference worth $200 between the two balconies 

Edited by BasicSailor

Carnival couldn't pay me to take that room.  We were on sister ship Horizon in August and the cabin two doors down (and the entire aft area) had so much vibration I could barely sleep.  Great cruise all else considered, when I wasn't in bed feeling like I was on a mechanical bull.  The first thing I did after getting settled in back at home was to call Carnival and switch out of similar cabins on 2 future sailings.   Good luck.   It will be a nice view though if vibration doesn't bother you.  My DH had no complaints at all, but he can also sleep through a tornado.

I think you have made a good choice. It is a sideways cabin with an extra long balcony. I like that type of room on other ships. On Panorama I enjoy a deck ten Lido cabin for proximity to the buffets, seafood shack, and elevators to dining room and serenity area on deck 15. I also like when the price is right the aft facing Havana balconies on deck 9. On a budget I like the forward facing cabins above the bridge on deck nine. These are interior cabins with a picture window deck view. There is no private balcony, but the large deck just outside is thinly visited by other passengers. 

I think you will have a great time no matter which cabin you choose.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:29 PM, BasicSailor said:

Personally  I love the coves with exception that I avoid them during these COVID hazardous times .

So I get as close to Lido as possible just to avoid having to use the elevators. Where people tend to pack into no matter with or without mask or how many are already in the thing . As for a few floors difference . Not a lot of difference worth $200 between the two balconies 

Curious - why not a cove cabin during COVID?

• Like 1