Ovation Australian summer cancelled.

Hogbay

4 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Have had 3 cruise cancelled, Christmas, NYE and one in March .😭 .wonder where ovation will go ?

My understanding is crew have already been told they're going home. Ship goes into warm layup for the time being.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Have had 3 cruise cancelled, Christmas, NYE and one in March .😭 .wonder where ovation will go ?

Off subject and a total ,total long shot.

Gavin smith said they are still working with the federal government .

Radiance is in Cadiz and has to make it’s way to Seattle for a April start.

It could possibly do a few months,it’s perfect for trials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Getting ready to board Allure on Sunday.... but this has me so sad! I was really looking forward to the Hawaii to Vancouver 10 Night followed by the 8 night Glacier cruise. Just finished cancelling flights, car rental, Aulani. Will be hard to replace that adventure! Hoping like @Tree_skierfor something nearby to replace the gap left by Hawaii~!

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I’m on the Ovation now. Was told the ship would sit in Seattle for a while, but since Australia is cancelled now, no telling where it is going. I will ask around tonight, since we get back to Seattle tomorrow.

How's your weather been.  I was wondering about these late cruises to Alaska and what they were like?

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

How's your weather been.  I was wondering about these late cruises to Alaska and what they were like?

Last week was beautiful and clear, but chilly. Deck 15 was closed one day for ice. This week has been warmer, but more wind and rain. Glad I did my excursions last week. Had Northstar cancelled twice this week because of wind. No Sitka either week. Ketchikan was substituted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Last week was beautiful and clear, but chilly. Deck 15 was closed one day for ice. This week has been warmer, but more wind and rain. Glad I did my excursions last week. Had Northstar cancelled twice this week because of wind. No Sitka either week. Ketchikan was substituted. 

How does the heating go ,I remember once in NZ it was sleeting and it was a bit cool inside.

15 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I enjoyed just wandering around in Ketchikan a little more than Sitka.  

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

Soooo....What's going to be up for Ovation after her Alaska season?

5 hours ago, Hogbay said:

I don't know, some are saying warm lay up. 😇

So the latest I heard last night, was she was going to stick around Seattle, until headquarters makes a decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It would make sense to keep the ship on the west coast. They should try for a couple of round trips to Hawaii in Feb or Mar and then have ship in Hawaii for the TA to Vancouver next early May.

I watched Ovation arrive an hour late in Seattle today on Elliott Bay webcam live and it was sad to see her come in with no place else to go for awhile. I guess the mood on ship must be sad too and for officers. 

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

It would make sense to keep the ship on the west coast. They should try for a couple of round trips to Hawaii in Feb or Mar and then have ship in Hawaii for the TA to Vancouver next early May.

I watched Ovation arrive an hour late in Seattle today on Elliott Bay webcam live and it was sad to see her come in with no place else to go for awhile. I guess the mood on ship must be sad too and for officers. 

Round trips from San Pedro to Hawaii...nice !!! Or have her do the 7 night cruises to the Mexican Riviera and let Navigator do the short trips. I'm booked for Jan 17th and would love to do it on the Ovation instead.

I was informed two days ago that my Ovation Honolulu to Vancouver, BC cruise was cancelled for next April.  Not wanting to wait around in case the CWC policy doesn't get extended past the 10/31 book by date, I replaced the cruise with a b2b on the Jewel.

The money (paid in full with prepaid tips) was in their "cancelled" bucket, and I could not just move the booking over to the Jewel.  So, I paid the deposits and the refund will pay the finals.

10 minutes ago, pcur said:

I was informed two days ago that my Ovation Honolulu to Vancouver, BC cruise was cancelled for next April.  Not wanting to wait around in case the CWC policy doesn't get extended past the 10/31 book by date, I replaced the cruise with a b2b on the Jewel.

The money (paid in full with prepaid tips) was in their "cancelled" bucket, and I could not just move the booking over to the Jewel.  So, I paid the deposits and the refund will pay the finals.

By doing that do you keep your double points for the B2B? Also do you have a new reservation number or did you keep your old one from Ovation that was cancelled?  

I am trying to figure out what to do myself since the 3 cruises that have been offered as replacements would cause me to have to cancel another cruise during that same time period.

7 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I don’t know how quickly cruises can come together, or if there needs to be a certain amount of time that ports stops need to be secured. Would love RT Hawaii or even 10/11 RT Mexico.

I did talk to my room stewardess this morning before disembarking and many of the crew are now being transferred to other ships, when they thought they were going home. She is going to Quantum. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

By doing that do you keep your double points for the B2B? Also do you have a new reservation number or did you keep your old one from Ovation that was cancelled?  

I am trying to figure out what to do myself since the 3 cruises that have been offered as replacements would cause me to have to cancel another cruise during that same time period.

Unfortunately, yes you do lose the double points promo if you take a refund.  I had to do this because none of the FCC or Lift and Shift options they offered would work for me.

I worked out the points issue by checking the cost of upgrading an existing booking, or booking the b2b that I ended up deciding on.

I called Guest Relations in Miami and discussed it with them, and was told that because I booked after 9/30/21, even though THEY cancelled the cruise, I would not get double points.

I was not angry, but explained that she needed to communicate with her management (who she had consulted to see if I could have the double points honored on the new cruises), and tell them IF RCCL cancels cruises after 10/31 their passengers are not covered by EITHER  the Cruise With Confidence policy OR the double points policy.  They are triple penalizing the customer:  cancelling the cruise, taking away the CWC (in 14 days), and taking away double points.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 3