LAX or Long Beach

Princess1963

In dec 2023 i am taking a carnival panorama cruise out of long Beach. I am now also taking a carnival miracle cruise one day after back from panorama.  Would it be better for me to fly into long beach instead of lax since I will need a hotel between cruises. Need some advice.

Definitely fly into LGB. It is much nicer than LAX.

As to a hotel, what is your nightly budget? The Hotel Maya or Residence Inn would be my picks. They are by the cruise terminal and have a free shuttle to Downtown Long Beach. If you prefer a downtown hotel, the Hyatt Centric is great and so are the Hyatt Regency, Renaissance and Westin.

The airport area also has several new, nice hotels.

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

Definitely fly into LGB. It is much nicer than LAX.

As to a hotel, what is your nightly budget? The Hotel Maya or Residence Inn would be my picks. They are by the cruise terminal and have a free shuttle to Downtown Long Beach. If you prefer a downtown hotel, the Hyatt Centric is great and so are the Hyatt Regency, Renaissance and Westin.

The airport area also has several new, nice hotels.

Best way to get from either hotel to cruise port taxi or maybe uber

9 hours ago, Princess1963 said:

I am not too worried about budget. It will only be 2 nights, but the 2 hotels near cruise termi al walkable or do they have a shuttle to the terminal.

I consider the Hotel Maya walkable, but they did have a shuttle too, pre-pandemic (assume that will resume as soon as possible). The Residence Inn I am not sure on a shuttle, but probably a little long to walk with luggage.

It really comes down to I think if you just want to chill (Hotel Maya) or if you want to be in the middle of shopping and restaurants (Hyatt Centric).