Help with PLF

mklions

Hi fellow shipmates.

Sailing on QE on Monday down to the Canaries. We are struggling to fill out our Passenger Location Form online. 
We are having problems downloading our covid jab QR code from our phones to the PLF online form.

Can we wait until we check in at the port and get help from the staff there? Just worried that we may not be able to board.

We have taken a screen shot of the last QR code ( we have two each , one for each of the two covid jabs that we have had)

I have managed to fill in most of the gov form, but it comes up incomplete because we are not sure on how to insert our inoculation QR code. 

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Not sure I can help you but found this on the gov website that tells you how to complete the PLF

Quote ....so I think the codes may be different to the code you get when vaccinated.........just a suggestion good luck!

After you complete the form

Download the form or select to receive it by email as a PDF. The form will include a QR code. You can print this out or keep it on your phone. You will be asked to show your QR code to your airline, ferry/cruise or rail operator before you board. You may also be asked to show it when you arrive in the UK.

If this helps, here's something I found on the gov.uk website under "Travelling to the UK: passenger locator form summary".

"if your QR code scan fails, you will be able to self-certify your full vaccination status"

and later

"If applicable, the Passenger Locator Form will automatically verify your vaccination status. However, if your QR code scan failed or your image document with the valid QR code did not upload you should have self-certified your full vaccination status, so please ensure you bring proof of your vaccination status, to show your airline, ferry or rail operator."

I'm from the US and have never had to deal with the PLF, so take this with a grain of salt. It doesn't sound to me like the failure to get the PLF to upload and verify your vaccination QR codes should be a show-stopper to completing the PLF.

Is there a way to bypass the step to upload your vaccination QR codes and "self-certify" your vaccination status on the PLF? Anyone from outside the UK would not have vaccination QR codes to upload and so would need to self-certify their vaccination status to complete the PLF.

1 hour ago, mklions said:

Thanks for all the help, I will try again this morning and hopefully have more success. 
mklions

First screen shot your vacation details from NHS app.  The second vaccination record with QR code is the one required.  
when the form asks do you have a qr code answer. Yes 

when the form asks can you scan the code .. answer No 

it should then give you the option to add a screen shot from your photo library. 

Yes - it seems to me that you are not looking in the right place if you are saying 4 QR codes. Each person will have just one QR code on the NHS Covid pass that you can ask for from the NHS Web-site - they can post it to you (takes 4 or 5 days to come) or email it to you (which seems best for you, but not sure whether it is instant or there is a wait) or send it as a PDF.

Then you scan that QR code into your PLF form.

Here is the page:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/

We had trouble with scanning QR code,  but you can just carry on and fill in form without it , just tick you are fully vaccinated . as long as you have certificate on phone or printed. We had both downloaded  pdf and also printed out .

If system is saying incomplete perhaps it's some other data

After hours spent filling out the forms then booking separate tests for my wife and I we have finally completed our PFL form.

Quite a painful experience to be honest, you have to complete the form stating every place you visit and on what day. Then you have to find a company near to home that will test you for covid within two days of your return, pay for the tests in advance and then you finally get an email with the test booking reference number from the test centre.

Then back to the PLF form to place the booking reference number down.

All done now but what a kafuffle !

Thanks again for all the help.