Partial Refund When Cancelled?

LuCruise

We had a refundable deposit for a room.  Prices were pretty good so we decided to switch from one room to two rooms for our family of four.  To do this, they cancelled the original room and then we booked the two new rooms as a replacement.  

Strangely we have only received a refund for $660....missing the other $400.

I did call and they say the remaining refund is pending...but I find it strange that (a) they would only refund part of the deposit, (b) the missing amount is as if our booking was non-refundable.

Anyone have this happen?  And if so, were you refunded the remaining amount?

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  That's good to know.  We have cancelled a few cruises during the pandemic and for those, the deposit was refunded within a week and at 100%...so found it odd.

Out of 2 dozen refunds last couple years only once got Full Balance in one payment

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Out of 2 dozen refunds last couple years only once got Full Balance in one payment

Interesting...guess we were lucky with our other cancellations.  

Appreciate you sharing so I won't worry too much for our missing refund.  Hopefully the remaining didn't take too long?  It's been a couple weeks since the first part we refunded.

• Like 1

I had four different refunds coming for price drops, and I got two but not two others, so I had my TA look into it.  Turns out they never processed them for refund, they were just sitting there as a credit balance on the invoice. 

So maybe call and check with another person to make sure the same thing didn't happen to you.

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I had four different refunds coming for price drops, and I got two but not two others, so I had my TA look into it.  Turns out they never processed them for refund, they were just sitting there as a credit balance on the invoice. 

So maybe call and check with another person to make sure the same thing didn't happen to you.

Thank you.  I will give Royal a call again and have them check.

• Like 1