Affordable hotel in Fort Lauderdale ?

monsieurlouis

What do you consider to be affordable, and when are you going to be in Fort Lauderdale?

The season starts November 1st or so, with the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show, which attracts people and boats from around the globe. 

The season ends something like April 30th, depending a bit on when Easter is and how schools are scheduling spring vacations.

Rates during the season can easily be $300 a night for most 3* hotels near the beaches.

20 hours ago, monsieurlouis said:

Hi. I am sure the question was asked a million times... Any suggestions for an affordable hotel in Fort Lauderdale ? Idealy with a shuttle service.

Ideally you'd say a dollar amount you consider affordable.

Your idea of affordable and my idea of affordable  might be vastly different.

To me the Hyatt Place, Renaissance, and Embassy Suites are all affordable.

I am also trying to find a FLL hotel for pre and post-cruise - and finding it impossible - $$ is not even the issue (altho I am seeing very high prices/January 2022 from about 250-300 US - I am canadian!)....  it is the reviews that are so bad - even higher priced hotels are awful - with bugs and stains and no customer service - I am truly shocked.

I know the hotel industry took a hit with the pandemic but sounds like they are not able to get good staff or recoverl or something?  I shall continue the hunt!  Just looking for a clean, well run hotel, with free airport shuttle and a pool (at least for post cruise)...a free breakfast would be a bonus!  LOL

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Froufie said:

I am also trying to find a FLL hotel for pre and post-cruise - and finding it impossible - $$ is not even the issue (altho I am seeing very high prices/January 2022 from about 250-300 US - I am canadian!)....  it is the reviews that are so bad - even higher priced hotels are awful - with bugs and stains and no customer service - I am truly shocked.

I know the hotel industry took a hit with the pandemic but sounds like they are not able to get good staff or recoverl or something?  I shall continue the hunt!  Just looking for a clean, well run hotel, with free airport shuttle and a pool (at least for post cruise)...a free breakfast would be a bonus!  LOL

I have found the same and I’ve been looking for 4 months. Rates for this week are around 130-160USD - same hotels Feb 4-6 are 280-400USD!

i thought I screwed up and booked a cruise on SuperBowl weekends but I didn’t!

I expected them to be a little higher but not double. I don’t think they will go down - I’ve been watching for months. It’s going to hurt that 2 nights pre cruise will be 1/3 cost of the cruise 😬🥴

On 10/15/2021 at 6:04 PM, monsieurlouis said:

Hi

I am sure the question was asked a million times...

Any suggestions for an affordable hotel in Fort Lauderdale ? Idealy with a shuttle service.

Thank you

Louis

Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port

1 hour ago, traceytd said:

1 hour ago, traceytd said:

...and read some of the current reviews for this spot!!

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g34168-d7689955-Reviews-Comfort_Suites_Fort_Lauderdale_Airport_South_Cruise_Port-Dania_Beach_Broward_County_Flo.html

39 minutes ago, Froufie said:

Gross. I guess it’s back to the drawing board for me lol

thanks 

disgusting 

11 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Ideally you'd say a dollar amount you consider affordable.

Your idea of affordable and my idea of affordable  might be vastly different.

To me the Hyatt Place, Renaissance, and Embassy Suites are all affordable.

Which Hyatt Place...the one on Tenth or the one in Dania?

23 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

Which Hyatt Place...the one on Tenth or the one in Dania?

Hyatt Place (10th Ave.) sits just behind Embassy Suites on 17th Street and next to the Harbor Shopping Center with a Publix mkt. shops and restaurant's our favorite is Duffy's.

They offer a shuttle from FLL to their hotel for $2.00 per room reservation. Breakfast is complimentary if you book with a Hyatt membership otherwise a small fee. Taxi's to Port Everglades should be around $12.00 the hotel offers a shuttle $$ but much easier/cheaper to do your own transportation and on your time frame.

• Like 2

As mentioned in post #2, prices vary with the tourist season - the same room that gores for under $100 in the August humidity can go for over $300 in Feb when everyone wants to escape the cold up north.  Expect high prices if you are travelling during the height of tourist season and take some of those reviews with a big grain of salt on your margarita glass - the majority of happy customers do not bother to leave a review.

Was also looking at the Hyatt Place on 10th - thru valuetrips.com - I understand pricing for next year coming out shortly - says they have an airport shuttle - breakfast can be added for $11 per ROOM,  the hyatt membership price I believe includes the breakfast - but room rate might be higher than the valuetrips one?

Current pricing to December is $209 per room so suspect that will be increased for the January/winter season!

Edited by Froufie

8 hours ago, Froufie said:

Was also looking at the Hyatt Place on 10th - thru valuetrips.com - I understand pricing for next year coming out shortly - says they have an airport shuttle - breakfast can be added for $11 per ROOM,  the hyatt membership price I believe includes the breakfast - but room rate might be higher than the valuetrips one?

Current pricing to December is $209 per room so suspect that will be increased for the January/winter season!

ValueTrips schedule should be posted by the end of October for 2022.

See my post #12 for some additional details. We've stayed at this hotel many times and have booked with ValueTrips and Hyatt membership directly...always a good idea to compare both we've found.

• Like 2

Affordable to a billionaire is about $100k a night. Affordable to a homeless person is $0 a night. I have a feeling you are somewhere in between, but massively closer to the homeless dude because you asked. You need to say what is affordable to you, when you are going, and get ideas.

3 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

We like Embassy Suites or the Holiday Inn Express next door, both on 17th Street Causeway but they may be sold out by now.

Have you stayed at ES recently? Not such good reviews anymore...Getting very run down and tired looking.

Anyone stay at Hyatt Centric Las Olas Fort Lauderdale? I traditionally book only where there is an airport and cruise shuttle but I noticed many people saying the port etc is so close that a taxi /Uber is cheap and should not dictate my hotel choice. 

For me, I usually find rates around $160-$220 for Hamptons, Embassy Suites type hotels, but this year I’m finding them really expensive (mock booking this week is $170, my dates in February are all $280 and waaaaay up!) Also, recent reviews of the places I’ve stayed aren't so great these days. 

I’m going outside my comfort zone but I booked there. 😬. It’s downtown and has no airport shuttle or cruise shuttle - am I making a mistake? 

Thanks for your thoughts! 

We have stayed at the Rodeway Inn & Suites airport/cruise port a number of times. Both pre-cruise and a day room post-cruise when we had a late flight home.  Not the fanciest place but we’ve never had any concerns there.  Will probably stay there again pre-cruise in late March.  Breakfast is included and there is a restaurant attached to the hotel that often has live music.  Our flight usually arrives in early evening and if we need food the restaurant has been fine for us.  We don’t need anything fancy.  There is a free airport and port shuttle.  Obviously a favourite of cruisers as the both the lobby and breakfast room are busy, busy during cruise season.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:04 PM, bubbadogmom said:

Anyone stay at Hyatt Centric Las Olas Fort Lauderdale? I traditionally book only where there is an airport and cruise shuttle but I noticed many people saying the port etc is so close that a taxi /Uber is cheap and should not dictate my hotel choice. 

For me, I usually find rates around $160-$220 for Hamptons, Embassy Suites type hotels, but this year I’m finding them really expensive (mock booking this week is $170, my dates in February are all $280 and waaaaay up!) Also, recent reviews of the places I’ve stayed aren't so great these days. 

I’m going outside my comfort zone but I booked there. 😬. It’s downtown and has no airport shuttle or cruise shuttle - am I making a mistake? 

Thanks for your thoughts! 

I haven't stayed but I booked this hotel for a cruise early next year.  From the website it looks nice and there are plenty of restaurants on Las Olas Blvd.  I haven't found much information on here about the hotel.  I'll report back.  

• Like 1