If You Could Book Any Cabin on the Summit, with the Exception of a Suite, What Would it be????

Ugaaucruisers

Since our OP is seemingly not interested in a suite I would suggest the aft Aqua Class stateroom number 1140.  Great oversized balcony which is partially covered.  Rear elevators make it so convenient to head down to lower decks. The Ocean View cafe is one deck below so very convenient for a bite to eat.  Sunset Bar located just below, so again very convenient for a beverage. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Since our OP is seemingly not interested in a suite I would suggest the aft Aqua Class stateroom number 1140.  Great oversized balcony which is partially covered.  Rear elevators make it so convenient to head down to lower decks. The Ocean View cafe is one deck below so very convenient for a bite to eat.  Sunset Bar located just below, so again very convenient for a beverage. 

Suites are sold out.  

16 minutes ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

They are not suites but are available.  

Just to be clear -- are, for example, 8166 and 8181 still classified as FVs?  And, if so, are you able to book one (they are often held back for parties of four or five)?  If you can, I would grab one; these are fabulous two-room cabins with humongous balconies.  Same for the corner FVs on the other decks, but we like Deck 8 because there's a cabin above and below.  Here's the review I posted (with photos) of 8166 from our New England/Canada cruise in 2019:

• Like 2

As others have said, if the corners on 7/8/9 are still categorized as FV for your particular M-Class ship, and you want to stay under a suite, THESE are by far the best value on the boat.  LOTS of space both inside and out.

What you do not say is WHEN.  If you will be cruising when families might be cruising, you may not be able to book these cabins for 2.  If you plan to cruise when school is in session, you'll want a TA who understands how to manage the 'ghost booking' that makes booking one of these cabins for 2 fairly easy.  If you find one that has worked extensively with Celebrity over the years, they should know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Just to be clear -- are, for example, 8166 and 8181 still classified as FVs?  And, if so, are you able to book one (they are often held back for parties of four or five)?  If you can, I would grab one; these are fabulous two-room cabins with humongous balconies.  Same for the corner FVs on the other decks, but we like Deck 8 because there's a cabin above and below.  Here's the review I posted (with photos) of 8166 from our New England/Canada cruise in 2019:

Trying to decide between 1140 and 7199.  Is the extra space of 7199 a better value than Aqua class?  We love having extra space on the balcony and that being said both cabins have large balconies with 7199 being larger. Both cabins are the same price. 
Thanks for the input. 

46 minutes ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

Trying to decide between 1140 and 7199.  Is the extra space of 7199 a better value than Aqua class?  We love having extra space on the balcony and that being said both cabins have large balconies with 7199 being larger. Both cabins are the same price. 
Thanks for the input. 

7199 in a heartbeat!  You even get 50% more closet space than a Sky Suite.

Honestly - back in the day, they would sometimes offer an FV guarantee.  The nightmare back then was being 'upgraded' to an S3 Sky Suite!.

What are the prices for the two cabins?

Edited by canderson

1 hour ago, canderson said:

7199 in a heartbeat!  You even get 50% more closet space than a Sky Suite.

Honestly - back in the day, they would sometimes offer an FV guarantee.  The nightmare back then was being 'upgraded' to an S3 Sky Suite!.

What are the prices for the two cabins?

706 per person with drinks,grats and internet. 5 day cruise. 

2 hours ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

Thanks for the input. 

7199, for sure!  That balcony is awesome!  Bigger cabin, too.

11 hours ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

Thanks for the input. 

We had 1140 on the Connie and loved it. Being able to eat in Blu was a treat, as was the shower spa. The balcony was fabulous, and the Sunset Bar was just beneath us-less than a 30 second walk. 

11 hours ago, canderson said:

On the two occasions when we were lucky enough to be able to snag corner FVs,  I had our reservations marked "Do Not Move, Do Not Upgrade."  (In fact, in each instance, we "downgraded" ourselves from our originally booked C2s when the FVs became available.) 

14 hours ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

Thanks for the input. 

I guess you can't go wrong either way.  We have been in those corner FVs 4 times including 8166 on Summit--but that was because there were 4 of us in that cabin.  I can tell you that the corner FV cabin and balcony size is actually larger than what is published by Celebrity.  

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Still trying to pull you my wayf for 7199 ... about that closet space ...😋

image.thumb.png.5d8257a1674bc3f83763891743459809.png

... and a sailaway party we held out on our veranda.  Just so you get a sense of the size!

Actually there is even more closet space in 7199 than what is shown in your photo.  Although it is spacious, your photo is of a non-corner FV which is slightly smaller than the corner FVs (below).  The smaller size translates into one less closet and a shorter desk (pre-Revolution).

enhance

Turtles06 photo 

Edited by mahdnc