Did RCCL change their confirmation format?

iuki

Our last cruise was in November 2019.  We just booked a cruise for next year in May.  We have always received a confirmation document that showed all the details. This time, it’s just a letter summarizing the cruise that was booked.

I don’t know how else to describe the confirmation.  Previously, as long as I can remember, it was a set form-style document.

Hopefully, someone understands what I’m asking.  Do they no longer confirm bookings in the former format?

Thanks.

Judy

8 minutes ago, iuki said:

Our last cruise was in November 2019.  We just booked a cruise for next year in May.  We have always received a confirmation document that showed all the details. This time, it’s just a letter summarizing the cruise that was booked.

I don’t know how else to describe the confirmation.  Previously, as long as I can remember, it was a set form-style document.

Hopefully, someone understands what I’m asking.  Do they no longer confirm bookings in the former format?

Thanks.

Judy

You need to contact RCI and ask them to send you the Guest Copy of the invoice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk but look at rcl account and see if the cruise is already there. Mine no longer have to be added. 

It is shown in our account on their website, but I really liked having a printed copy of booking confirmation.  🥺

Thanks Scotty G.

Ok.  Thanks.  I’ll call them and ask for one.

Judy

Sorry -
I’m really having difficulty replying to posts despite quoting the poster.  So different now.

Edited by iuki
  • Like 1

Call the main number.  There is an automated option to request the document.  I don’t recall the keys to press, but it’s easy to figure out.  It’s stupid they don’t automatically send it.  What they send out is pretty useless. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Call the main number.  There is an automated option to request the document.  I don’t recall the keys to press, but it’s easy to figure out.  It’s stupid they don’t automatically send it.  What they send out is pretty useless. 

Great to know.  Many thanks.  I agree.  Have no idea why they don’t send it in the first place.

Judy

1 hour ago, iuki said:

Thanks.

Judy

The email you received with basic confirmation should have an attachment of your guest invoice.  Double check.  If not there then call and request they email the invoice.

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The email you received with basic confirmation should have an attachment of your guest invoice.  Double check.  If not there then call and request they email the invoice.

We received the same email with no invoice attached.  I called last week and had it emailed to me. Kind of ridiculous you have to request it now.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Hopefully it was just a fluke that some aren't getting the invoice automatically.  

On all occasions when I booked online with RCI I did not receive a Guest Invoice with the confirmation email. This was pre and post COVID. This goes back a few years and as I said when booking new cruises since it opened back up.

• Like 1

I notice there are two different emails that are sent.  One is a short email with only the invoice attached.    The other email says "Adventure Confirmation" and has a summary of the details of the booking.  The attachment is at the very bottom of this email and sometimes easy to miss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crusinthrough said:

I notice there are two different emails that are sent.  One is a short email with only the invoice attached.    The other email says "Adventure Confirmation" and has a summary of the details of the booking.  The attachment is at the very bottom of this email and sometimes easy to miss.

The Adventure Confirmation does not always get sent.  I closely watch and check my emails and their content.  

And the short initial email I get only notes the deposit amount I paid.  It doesn’t even show the price of the cruise or any other figure.  Just “Thank you for making an online reservation with Royal Caribbean International. This is your confirmation that we have received 250.00 USD towards Reservation Number xxxxx”

Last month, 24 hours after booking the cruise, I had to use the phone system to request my invoice document.  This email is indeed an “Adventure Confirmation” subject.  But it never came until I requested it.  

it sounds like some get it and some don’t. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

The Adventure Confirmation does not always get sent.  I closely watch and check my emails and their content.  

And the short initial email I get only notes the deposit amount I paid.  It doesn’t even show the price of the cruise or any other figure.  Just “Thank you for making an online reservation with Royal Caribbean International. This is your confirmation that we have received 250.00 USD towards Reservation Number xxxxx”

Last month, 24 hours after booking the cruise, I had to use the phone system to request my invoice document.  This email is indeed an “Adventure Confirmation” subject.  But it never came until I requested it.  

My mom and I had the same thing happen when we booked our September 2022 cruise last spring - only got the short confirmation email with no pricing on it.  Very strange!

• Like 1

Chiming in that we just booked a cruise as well and did not get any kind of invoice in email.  We received the new one sentence email telling us we made a deposit and that's it.

I also just did the 4-2-1 thing and got what I expected to get when we booked the first time.  Thanks!  Weird they make you do this now.

• Like 2

As a first timer to book a RCI cruise (3 weeks ago), I was disappointed that the confirmation invoice (PDF format) was not auto sent out. I only received an  instant email with a booking number and a note of thanks for paying RCI. No amount, nothing else. When I accessed the C&A account, I saw the booking, but then no booking terms, no amount, no payment schedule. Nonetheless, I made a post in this forum and subsequently I called them up for the invoice that I should have received, like from any other cruise lines. Not a good start.

Edited by Serengeti228
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

I received the ‘Adventure Confirmation’ email with an attachment of the invoice after I booked Wonder recently for July 2022. However, I knew from previous posts on CC that sometimes an invoice isn’t issued automatically so I remembered to remind the agent to make sure he sent it.

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 8:55 PM, MeHeartCruising said:

There is no guarantee of the email you will receive or if you will receive one at all.  I did not receive one for an online booking I made recently.  I was only pointing out that the attachment at the very bottom of the Adventure Confirmation is easy to miss.  RC IT at work for sure.  

• Like 1