Returning cruisers out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami, where in Florida did you get your Covid test taken?

swdke

1 hour ago, swdke said:

For those who might have recently returned from their cruise out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami, if you arrived Florida a few days early, were did you have your Covid test taken?  Thank you.

Check Walgreens.  They test and are everywhere in Ft. Laud and Miami.  On their website put in the zip code where you will be staying, then you'll get the closest ones around you.  You can make an appt. 3 days out I believe. 

The Ft. Lauderdale and Miami airport also do testing.  Their websites have the info.  But, I'd check on Walgreens first. 

3 hours ago, joyhannah said:

What is the price for the test at walmart and CVS ect.?

thanks

Not sure about Walmart?  I don’t see testing there.   I would not recommend CVS.  They don’t seem to have adequate supply of rapid testing.  

Larry and I are travel agents from So. Calif. We'll be flying to Miami on the 28th and boarding on the 30th. Larry has been ultra busy with 2 group cruises and I have my hands full with clients booked on a Crystal cruise next year who want me to do everything. We are also flying to Tampa after we get back from the MSC cruise to board a Celebrity ship. Larry and I are fully vaccinated (Moderna) and may have the booster before we board, if available. I know we have to have a covid test before we board but don't know where to have that done......completely blanked out on this. Can anyone who is getting the test done in Miami give me some advice? 

• Like 1

Assuming you are flying into Miami for the MSC cruise, there is testing at the airport.  https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/

If you are flying into Fort Lauderdale, for testing information see https://www.broward.org/airport/passengers/flights/advisories/pages/default.aspx

I just googled Tampa Airport covid testing and saw that they closed (!?) their site in May for the test needed before the Celebrity cruise.  I would also ask on the Celebrity board (assuming they are already sailing out of Tampa) what passengers are doing to meet the requirement.  You could always do the proctored self administered test before you disembark the MSC cruise.

20 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

You can also get tested in the Medical Center aboard MSC ships. My wife and I did this on MSC Seaview a couple months ago and we had our tests & printouts within 30 minutes of arriving. As this was in Europe, the price was €30 per person, billed to our shipboard account.

Good info, thank you.