iPad problems anyone?

Posting this from my iPhone.  As of this morning I am logged out of CC on my iPad and am unable to log in.  When I touch the Log In button nothing happens.  Same when I get to a Sign In Now button—it is inoperable on the ipad.

I have turned the iPad off and then back on again, but that didn’t fix the problem.

Edited by cruisestitch

I am posting this from my iPhone. On my iPad, the login button is in operable. I touch it and nothing happens. Same with the “sign in now” button.  Nothing happens when I touch it. This is a little different than the problem of not stay signed in, I can’t sign in at all. I have turned the iPad off and on and have cleared cookies but nothing helped.

• Like 2

I got it to work in Firefox/windows, but not in chrome or MS edge. Mine started misbehaving when I had to clear my cache in chrome as it was bogging down. I don't know if edge was always a problem or just started since I don't use it that much. I haven't tried my phone yet.

6 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

If this is effecting you, can you please reply with your browser.

So far I have received reports using Chrome and Ipads - I personally only have issues on Chrome and can log in on Edge

Safari on iPad.  

That said, Safari works fine from my desktop.  

Edited by Aquahound

I wasn’t able to log in Friday morning on any device but now able to via Safari on iPad and iPhone but still NOT on Google Chrome. Deleted all cookies but still not able to log in. 

Any suggestions?

Edited to add…when I try to log in using Chrome, nothing happens except the website changes from “boards.cruisecritic.com” to “boards.cruisecritic.com/#”

…the change being the added “#” at the end

Edited by cadburysmom

26 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

Problems are with Safari on ipad 

DuckDuckGo browser on ipad works perfectly.  
(My earlier post was incorrect- the browser does remember my login id and pw). 

Yeah….running into the same issue.  Won’t work with Safari.  It has been a problem for several weeks, now.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:35 AM, CC Help Jenn said:

If this is effecting you, can you please reply with your browser.

So far I have received reports using Chrome and Ipads - I personally only have issues on Chrome and can log in on Edge

I would, but can't login from iPad.... it's a brand new 2021 edition, running safari 

On 10/17/2021 at 9:24 AM, CruisinFinsUp said:

Problems are with Safari on ipad 

DuckDuckGo browser on ipad works perfectly.  
(My earlier post was incorrect- the browser does remember my login id and pw). 

And.... same issues on Duckduckgo now.    

-- login wonky

--replying to a thread copies whole thread and won't save, etc

On 9/25/2021 at 4:39 PM, Charles4515 said:

What device did you use to take the photo? I think you took the photos in landscape mode with the home button on the left. Should always use the right side. 

Is there any way to fix this after the fact?  I did this also.  I was either in a hurry or didn't know which way to hold the phone, or maybe it is because I'm left handed and that's the way I naturally take pictures.  It doesn't seem to be an issue on any other device or website.  On my phone, computer,  and on google images the photo is properly oriented.  I tried rotating it and resaving it upside down on my computer and when I upload it, it still looks upside down.  I clicked "edit photo" and there are options to change aspect ratio but not rotate.

Edited by zzdoug

2 hours ago, zzdoug said:

Is there any way to fix this after the fact?  I did this also.  I was either in a hurry or didn't know which way to hold the phone, or maybe it is because I'm left handed and that's the way I naturally take pictures.  It doesn't seem to be an issue on any other device or website.  On my phone, computer,  and on google images the photo is properly oriented.  I tried rotating it and resaving it upside down on my computer and when I upload it, it still looks upside down.  I clicked "edit photo" and there are options to change aspect ratio but not rotate.

You may be able to do it by editing the picture's metadata (EXIF). There are apps for this.

• Thanks 1

Hey gang, I've figured out a cumbersome workaround to this metadata issue; there may be other better solutions.  I have my photos on a Windows PC.  Here's a photo that looks right-side-up on my Android phone and google photos and also in my Windows PC Pictures folder, but When I upload it here it is upside down.  If I open the photo in Microsoft Paint, rotate it 180 and then rotate it 180 again and save it with a DIFFERENT file name, I can then upload it and the orientation is correct.  

Original photo, uploaded directly from my Windows Pictures folder

IMG_20211015_174007466_HDR.jpg

Photo opened in editor, rotated 180 degrees twice, and saved under a different filename, then uploaded:

IMG_20211015_174007466_HDR_R.jpg

Edited by zzdoug
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This website is bizarre.

For the past week the only issue on my iPad has been the daily automatic log-out; annoying but I can live with that issue.

Then last night all the previously reported gremlins hit at once.

-  log out every time I moved threads

- showed as logged in when actually logged out

-  complete thread pulled in if I tried to post

- notifications inoperative

Now this morning everything OK again 🤞  without me doing anything like clearing cookies etc

When will these issues be resolved? 
On a cruise soon and would like to do a daily live blog but these issues would make posting from the ship a nightmare 🤯

I'm on Android and got hit last night. To the point that it would not recognize my username and password. This morning I tried logging in on the main CC site, nothing happened. When I came to the boards I was logged in.