Wine

amberjohn

We are at the hotel,  Our Oasis B2B cruise leaves in 18 hours and my wife asks me how we plan on opening our 4 bottles of wine? You would think we would have thought of this earlier! Even if we could find a place to buy a wine opener I assume they wouldn’t let us take one on board?  Will our steward or a bartender lend us one with out charge?  How do people handle this? We usually sail on NCL which doesn’t allow you to bring anything on board.

thanks

18 minutes ago, amberjohn said:

I know, screw tops would have been the way to go! We just grabbed 4 bottles and didn’t think it through.

This is not ncl this RCI they will provide you with both wine glasses and corkscrew to enjoy in your cabin here is the link . Enjoy don't forget to fill that glass and take it with you 😇

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy?country=AUS

28 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

This is not ncl this RCI they will provide you with both wine glasses and corkscrew to enjoy in your cabin here is the link . Enjoy don't forget to fill that glass and take it with you 😇

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy?country=AUS

Great info….thanks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

No worries...perhaps you'll get one of these from your cabin steward. (Ok, so I took one, or two,  home...arrest me.) 😇

20211016_204205.jpg

Dh has several.  There's always one in his backpack.  Never sets off alarms so never a problem to travel with.  Btw he also carries a rubber bottle stopper for the wine bottles. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Dh has several.  There's always one in his backpack.  Never sets off alarms so never a problem to travel with.  Btw he also carries a rubber bottle stopper for the wine bottles. 

😊 Here's mine...comes in a few other neon colors...never leave home without it. Boy! that last comment may have told others I'm old.

20211016_210723.jpg

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

Hmmm... I always get a corkscrew (nice one, not like the one in the photo above) on NCL. BTW: if you drink your RCCL wine outside your stateroom, you're suppose to pay corkage for consuming it in a public area. 

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Hmmm... I always get a corkscrew (nice one, not like the one in the photo above) on NCL. BTW: if you drink your RCCL wine outside your stateroom, you're suppose to pay corkage for consuming it in a public area. 

Not exactly.  If you take the bottle, yes there is a corkage fee in most venue’s, like the dining room.  However, if you bring a glass of wine there is no charge. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

😊 Here's mine...comes in a few other neon colors...never leave home without it. Boy! that last comment may have told others I'm old.

20211016_210723.jpg

I bought a couple of stoppers with a pour spout on amazon.  They also have them at Bed Bath and Beyond...
I also bought a nice corkscrew but it didn't make the trip home with me... My sister stole it along with one of my stoppers!! 
stopper.jpg.fe9f9116a4a98a0300b9c227450ee59c.jpg

Edited by LilBlackDress

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Thanks Mr bird no cork no corkage fee . Plenty of staff will not see or even open for you .😇

37 minutes ago, tanyaewa said:

So according to those T&C you can’t bring on a bottle in a port - even if you pay corkage? 

Since OP is on a B2B and bring bottles on board in a port there is a good chance they will be returned the last night of the first week.  I had a bottle returned on a B2B, but I know others who had it held until the last night of the second leg.

19 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

No worries...perhaps you'll get one of these from your cabin steward. (Ok, so I took one, or two,  home...arrest me.) 😇

20211016_204205.jpg

I have several and always travel with them.  They are meant to be taken home.  Ours came from bottles given to us, but when I bring my own wine, I always buy screw tops as those aren't the best corkscrews.  

2 minutes ago, BND said:

I have several and always travel with them.  They are meant to be taken home.  Ours came from bottles given to us, but when I bring my own wine, I always buy screw tops as those aren't the best corkscrews.  

Whew! Ours also came with bottles given to us...nice to know they are meant to take home.

Just a thought...the corkscrew may be a better prize at trivia than the key chains. 😉

Being a fine wine wholesale distributor, I must chime in.....Yes, there are plenty of good quality screw cap wines, but if you're looking to bring a "special" bottle on board, you will need a corkscrew.  I travel at all times with a wine key, part of my daily routine.  I put one in my checked baggage with my toiletries, and nobody said boo about it.  Just make sure you carry on your wine and keep the wine key in your checked bags.  Good luck!

On 10/16/2021 at 11:50 PM, bonsai3s said:

20211016_204205.jpg

I have one or two of these too!  We got ours from dining room waiter and he told us to keep them.😉