Local liquor stores

ManImBored

In one of our previous visits to Cozumel we visited some shops downtown and purchased some tequila that was only made in Mexico. I would like to get some more but I have no idea where we found it. 

Does anyone know of any local liquor stores in downtown? We are looking to do an excursion this visit. So I just wanted to take a quick trip downtown before we get back on the boat to see if I can find it. 

Tequila is available in the port shops at all 3 piers.  Also at the 2 supermarkets just south of downtown, MegaMart and Chedraui  within a block of each other and there's a large liquor store, Covi, not that far away.  La Europea, in front of Mega also has a good selection but higher prices than Mega.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Tequila is available in the port shops at all 3 piers.  Also at the 2 supermarkets just south of downtown, MegaMart and Chedraui  within a block of each other and there's a large liquor store, Covi, not that far away.  La Europea, in front of Mega also has a good selection but higher prices than Mega.

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, jenndisney said:

What are some good tequilas and which should we avoid?  We were scammed our first trip. 

I would say avoid the Casa Antigua Tequila you'll find at the Tequila Factory.  It's ok but not the best.  And IS NOT distilled on the island.

Look for:

Don Julio tequilas--1942, Reposado, Anejo are all good.  Anejo is a good sipping tequila.  The other two go well in margaritas and palomas.

Fortaleza Blanco is good if you like the clearer tequilas.

Herradura Anejo and El Jimador Repsoado are two to look for.   

All should be available at either supermarket or at the Covi liquor store.

• Like 1