The Daily for Monday October 18, 2021

richwmn

Today is National Meatloaf Appreciation Day, No Beard Day, and Multicultural Diversity Day

"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own. - Les Dawson"

Meal suggestion for today - Lemon Garlic Shrimp

Drink of the Day - 19° North

Wine of the day - Luke 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon (Wahluke Slope) Columbia Valley

Destination of the Day - Tarragona Spain

Ships with Passengers

At Sea Caribbean Sea
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Oranjestad, Aruba

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Destination Cabo San Lucas 00:00 - 24:00

Trieste, IT
Eurodam 07:00 – 19:00

Ships without Passengers

Amsterdam NL
Rotterdam

At Sea Pacific
Westerdam Destination Puerto Vallarta MX eta 10/23
Zuiderdam Destination La Paz MX eta 10/18

Augusta IT
Volendam Anchorage

Corfu GR
Zaandam

Port Everglades
Nieuw Statendam

Puerto Vallarta MX
Noordam

Rotterdam NL
Oosterdam

1018World.thumb.png.3a7dc1da80aeb43b728cd406ff090317.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11

I missed National Meatloaf Appreciation by a day as I just had it yesterday.  My SIL made it.  I will take a pass on No Beard Day as I'm not shaving mine off today.  We should celebrate Multicultural Diversity Day  every day.

Edited by bdrcole
  • Like 23

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Meatloaf day, what a great idea for dinner tonight.  My dear hubby will NOT be shaving his beard today.  I agree with @bdrcolewe should celebrate Multicultural Diversity Day every day.

Amusing quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds good too.  But meatloaf or shrimp?  That, is the question.

Hope the drink is tasty, the wine sounds good.

Another port I have not visited, looking forward to seeing pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful Monday, hope it's a start of a good week.

Stay safe.

• Like 26

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  A salute to Multicultural Diversity, never grew a lot of facial hair and even less since hormone treatment for my cancer, and I'll pass on both the meatloaf and the shrimp.  I have not been to Tarragona.  Dawson must have a great sense of humor.  My alternative dinner suggestion is Fruit Palette, Veal Cutlet, and Pineapple Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam October 18, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/dishes18.jpg

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo
StLouisSal not hearing from friend with liver transplant
RIP StLouisSal’s support group member
1Angelcat awaotomg biopsy
cunorl (lymphona) and DH’s (stroke) sisters
Covid in JAM37's family
From the rotation:
LaPalma
Mamaofami’s friend in hospice

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Nieuw Statendam on Camera

3 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Aliaschief in Pinnacle Suite
Cruising-along, Vict0riann,/ Lady President/ AncientWanderer,  Sharon, lindaler, and lazey1  at sea
Welcome home sailingdutchy and Vmax1700
3 days for Gail&Marty and Rotterdam
Happy Birthday Seasick Sailor and SusieKIslandGirl
Lady Hudson at sea (Oasis OTS)

LouisSal mission woman of the year
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 11

Good morning Rich. Thanks to you, Roy and our Food and Bev ladies.

I for sure don't need beard shaving, I'm not a big meatloaf fan but make it occasionally for MSH. Even though it's prime rib night at our favorite restaurant I am having the delicious veal chop. And wine..

Yesterday was the 1st time I had CC gremlins on my computer. Now I can't even locate a sign in button today. Jeez.

Yesterday I blew out the dust in the garage. The construction guys cutting tile were too close to the garage and everything was covered with dust. I washed the car and then Elvis. Hoping someone shows up today to get the next step going. Odds are they won't make their completion date of Thursday.

A busy week of appointments.. Haircut, new doctor and dental visits.

Wishing everyone a great week. Blessings, prayers, and cheers.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

CC is acting up for me today again. On my phone. Super short post. 

Rich & Roy thank you for making this such a great way to start the day. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone. 

Luke 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon (Wahluke Slope)

This wine has an excellent rating. Several online distributors with prices starting at $16.93. 

Winemaker Notes

#82 Wine Enthusiast Top 100 of 2020

Luke Cabernet Sauvignon offers aromas dominated by marionberry and dark chocolate, accented by hints of mint and molasses. Supple, focused and expressive, layering coffee-accented blackberry and currant flavors with polished tannins and hints of cedar and smoke.

Blend: 96% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Petit Verdot, 1% Malbec

WE92
Wine Enthusiast

Aromas of fresh raspberry, bittersweet chocolate and dried herb pop on the nose. The palate is ripe, delicious, fruit filled and lip-smacking, displaying a lot of density, intensity and texture. Give this beauty a short decant if drinking in the near term.

Editor's Choice

WS92
Wine Spectator
A snappy and vibrant Cabernet, with blackberry, fresh basil and espresso accents that build toward the zesty finish. Drink now through 2027.
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 8

Today's cocktail.

19 degrees North (I don't know how to do the degrees symbol)

Ingredients
2 parts Herradura Reposado
1 part Fresh Squeezed Lime juice
1/2 to 3/4 part Agave Nectar (to taste)
2 tbsp Sriracha
1/2 part Pineapple Juice

How to Mix
Combine all the ingredients in a shaker with ice
Shake hard so that some of the ice melts
Strain over fresh ice into a cocktail glass
Garnish with a lime wedge

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 7.39.15 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 9

Good afternoon at a wet 60°F day at the coast.

We have been to the remembrance room at the Crematorium for Paulines late mam's 3rd memory.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and Roy for the care, celebrations and shout out lists.

Interesting days.

Britain is now a very multi cultural society.

I used to have a beard in my teens but shaved it off.

Les Dawson was one of the best comedians of all time.

Nice meal of the day.

We have never been to the port of Tarragona but have had several holidays in the nearby Costa Dorada region of Catalonia in Spain.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone they will help.

Best wishes for a nice day.

Graham.

16345569258803249400754282761314.thumb.jpg.51e711055e86a1bc093982a40f307f61.jpg

Screenshot_20211018_122932.jpg

Screenshot_20211018_123212.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  We ended our Koningsdam California Coast cruise yesterday in San Diego.  We had a wonderful time and enjoyed visiting with fellow Dailyites @lindalerLinda, @lazey1Jane, and @Sharon in AZSharon, along with her very pleasant DH.

Lots of catching up to do here.  Meanwhile, here’s a photo taken at the port in Ensenada, as guests are greeted upon return from shore excursions.  Just a little bit of Holland America’s warm  hospitality that we enjoyed so much.  We disembarked our cruise with full hearts.

D83FBBDE-A678-401E-AECC-F366BF227721.thumb.jpeg.7e1947a9d14a00dccfdaaa1528ee8fb1.jpeg

• Like 32

Today's sunrise is from my 2011 Blount/Crystal through the Erie Canal New York to Montreal and back to New York on the Crystal Symphony.  On October 16 the Symphony was in the Saguenay Fjord:

saugenaydawn.jpg

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to everyone!  

I love a good meatloaf.  My mom made a great one and it is filed in the family cookbook under Muzzy's Marvelous Meals.  And, yes, I'll celebrate multicultural Diversity Day.  After all, it is those differences in culture that make this world an interesting place.  Why travel if everyone was exactly the same?   But, in the end, the things that matter most are common to us all:  family, freedom, health, and being able to love and be loved.  

The drink sounds interesting to me and I'd like just a sip, please.  There looks like a lot of sugar involved, so I'm not sure I'd want the whole thing.  

Happy Birthday to @Seasick Sailor and @SusieKIslandGirl.   

Today's meal is a good one.  And, it is easy and can be paired with pasta, rice, or riced cauliflower.  

Here is a basic and quick to make recipe:

https://cafedelites.com/lemon-garlic-butter-shrimp/

Lemon-Garlic-Butter-Shrimp-122.thumb.jpg.587a40e34c2a383f5d50e6b97434424a.jpg

This one adds a bit of red pepper and white wine to the mix.  

https://www.wellplated.com/garlic-butter-shrimp/

1264086653_Garlic-Butter-Shrimp-recipe(1).thumb.jpg.258b0ae4387c13f1f8e8469b7def3c83.jpg

And this one reduces the amount of butter and proclaims it is the healthy version:

https://healthyfitnessmeals.com/lemon-garlic-shrimp/

1293662873_Garlic-lemon-shrimp-skillet-8(1).thumb.jpg.f0034925b4bfdea54f38f9a0bafae975.jpg

I'll take any version, thank you!   

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Monday smile 🙂 

Interesting collection of days.  No beards in this house and no meatloaf either.  Neither of us are fans of meatloaf 😉. But we happily celebrate multicultural diversity day every day in this house. 👍 

Oh my heavens on the Dawson quote.  Thank heavens the meal suggestion for today is not meatloaf - shrimp - yum 🙂 

a very happy birthday to the birthday girls - @Seasick Sailor & @SusieKIslandGirl 🎂 🥂 

@AncientWanderergreat photo and welcome home 🙂 

Oh my heavens the vicious St. Lawrence River has caused the firefighters’ boat to capsize (they were rescuing people whose boat had capsized and succeeded). He is trapped under the boat and there is a huge Search & Rescue team trying to figure out how to get him.  😔 

The wind and rain has certainly taken away some of the foliage of the leaves that had changed.  Once it dries up, there will be a “few” leaves to clean up.  There are still a ton to fall, though.

When I saw this I couldn’t help but think of the struggle some of us have had with their technology and CC.

C56BF9B6-9CDD-47D9-A642-51675BE08F28.thumb.jpeg.bcd98d15dd06905b11a6056ee747449e.jpeg

We’ve been to Tarragona and it is fabulous.  it’s not a port, really - it’s inland but you can get there in an hour from Barcelona.  I’ll go looking for my pics and post them.  Really, really recommend visiting and either have very good guide books or a good guide.  We opted for the latter.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday, everyone !

325812F9-00AF-406D-965E-FE5400EFBF16.thumb.jpeg.bef42e8a0ec458b57ff5775e11525bb8.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5