Italian Government requirements for passengers disembarking from Civitavecchia but not flying out of Rome until the next day

villiersclose

I will be disembarking from my NCL cruise on the 5th December 2021 in Civitavecchia and staying in a hotel overnight in Rome for one night before flying back to the UK the following day. Does anyone know the Italian Government Protocols/Guidelines as to UK Citizens remaining on Italian soil for 36 hours from the point of leaving the ship to boarding the plane in Rome?

My wife and I have both been fully vaccinated with both doses but trying to find out exactly what are the Italian Governments requirements for Cruisers staying overnight in Rome?

Thank you for your help

I believe this is the current details from the Italian Health Ministry website.  The UK is part of "List D" and subject to those rules.  I would expect you would have to meet these requirements to visit Italy, even if only for 36 hours.

List D - Covid-19, travellers (salute.gov.it)

In short, your proof of vaccination, a filled out passenger locator form, and take a negative molecular or antigen swab test in the 72 hours prior to entering Italy; in the case of arrivals from the UK and Northern Ireland and British Isles, the swab test must be taken in the 48 hours prior to entering Italy

Hopefully, you can get the test done on the ship.