Newbie question about disembarkation

Phych

Doing a 7 day cruise on the NCL Encore from Miami. Flight out from MIA is 145p.

I'm planning to book Blacklane to take us to the airport on disembarkation day but I'm not sure what time to book for. If we have an earlier disembarkation time and I book pickup for 10am (just as an example), would we be able to linger on the ship until our pickup time?

Also, I'm not familiar at all with the Port of Miami. Are pickups done where the ship docks, or are pickups routed to another area?

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Take a taxi. It will be cheaper and very easy.

Ask on the NCL board about staying on the ship, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

It is strictly up to the cruise line how long they let you stay on.

I would disagree. For a few bucks more you can get a private car service (for MIA, we’ve generally used Execucar. No need to line up for taxis.

• Like 1

Welcome to the boards! 😎

The ride from POM to MIA takes about 15-20 minutes and a cab will cost about $28 on the meter - what is your car service charging and is the extra $$ worth it for a 15 minute ride? 🙄

12 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

I have found the condition of taxis in Miami to be somewhat below good. Car service is more expensive but yields a nicer and safer ride. 

This is why we're going the car service route, that and just wanted to try it out to see how it goes.

Does anyone know what time NCL boats typically finish disembarking at Miami?

1 hour ago, Phych said:

This is why we're going the car service route, that and just wanted to try it out to see how it goes.

Does anyone know what time NCL boats typically finish disembarking at Miami?

FWIW: If you’re doing longer cruises or cruises with a need for extra gear, you may find yourself investing in 28”-30” suitcases. Note, however, that they don’t necessarily/easily fit in what are increasingly smaller taxis (and many ubers).

We’re in that group that have us each using a single larger case for long cruises (often 30+ days) needing snorkel/hiking/ multi-climate wear. And thus, we prefer the roominess (and cleanliness) of an SUV service provider.

• Like 2

Miami was bad when I moved from there 25 years ago. No way I would get into a cab. Uber/Lyft could be questionable at best too. Even for a short ride, some people don't mind the cleanliness, comfort, and space in a more executive type vehicle. If you want to try your luck, go for it. I don't want to ride with my 28" suitcase across my lap for 20 minutes. For me, $50 vs $28 for a better ride is much more worth it.

• Like 1