NIGHTLY TURNDOWN

Tablelamp

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

You have opened can of worms here ! Define the difference between 'not neat" and "untidy' !

To give an example would be my wifes cushion phobia. The cushions need to be placed perfectly on the sofa, that's neat  not untidy would be how I leave them, all in place on the sofa but not necessarily in the right order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

I blame P and O cost cutting on cabins becoming more untidy in recent years!

Too many rif raf on board

Would never have happened in the glory days when you had to pay three times as much just to be allowed on the ship

Standards have slipped

That's nothing - I remember when you had to pay 2000 guineas just to look at the ship through the railings in Southampton, and then show your family tree back to royalty to get on board.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

To give an example would be my wifes cushion phobia. The cushions need to be placed perfectly on the sofa, that's neat  not untidy would be how I leave them, all in place on the sofa but not necessarily in the right order.

Naturally your wife is correct and you are wrong John. That is a given 😊

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, bbtablet said:

That's nothing - I remember when you had to pay 2000 guineas just to look at the ship through the railings in Southampton, and then show your family tree back to royalty to get on board.

I thought they boarded up the railings in those days to stop rif raf glimpsing sight of the sailaway band ? 

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I understood what you meant John. A place for everything, and everything in it's place. On board I don't leave the the Horizon or P&O leaflets all over the place(untidy) but shuffle them all together in a pile and leave them on the table(neat)

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

On board I don't leave the the Horizon or P&O leaflets all over the place(untidy) but shuffle them all together in a pile and leave them on the table(neat)

But if they are not on chronological order, you are being neat, but not tidy !

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I understood what you meant John. A place for everything, and everything in it's place. On board I don't leave the the Horizon or P&O leaflets all over the place(untidy) but shuffle them all together in a pile and leave them on the table(neat)

Avril

I wondered what my butler did with his time............

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

If we have noisy neighbours, just before bed we put that days Horizon in the bit outside their door and remove the next days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

If we have noisy neighbours, just before bed we put that days Horizon in the bit outside their door and remove the next days.

We had extraordinarily noisy neighbours on a DFDS ferry to Sweden some years ago. Up, drunk, incredibly noisy and shouting up and down the corridor all night - kept us and our small children awake all night, and refused to stop.

For some bizarre reason they left their shoes in the middle of the corridor early in the morning.

For some equally bizarre reason my tired wife was in a tidying up mood that morning, and it occurred to her that a nearby lifeboat was the obvious place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...

We have been on 3 Cruises this year.  MSC Virtuosa, Anthem of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas.  MSC did not have a Turn Down Service and said it was due to the risk of Covid.  However, Anthem offered the Full Turn Down Service which was lovely.  Little Towel Animal every Night, which we have not seen in years.  All in all, great to have that special Service.🥰

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bazrat said:

We really miss the turn down service especially the part the crew sing you to sleep

So that was the racket that drifted down the corridor and woke me up on several occasions 🥴😴

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Clodia said:

I  also got a nightly turn down with another company in September; they didn't think it risky!

Its not risky the staff are doing other things ie. extra cleaning.

Edited by daiB

On 10/23/2021 at 11:16 AM, wowzz said:

Just to say that there is no turndown service on Princess either at the moment.

Our cabin steward told us on the first day of the Princess cruise we both disembarked from yesterday, that the evening service was on request due to COVID so we said we would like it done and it was done throughout.  All done as I would have expected on other lines, but no chocolates on the pillow. 

2 hours ago, tring said:

Our cabin steward told us on the first day of the Princess cruise we both disembarked from yesterday, that the evening service was on request due to COVID so we said we would like it done and it was done throughout.  All done as I would have expected on other lines, but no chocolates on the pillow. 

To be fair, our steward came in every night and gave the cabin a once over.

Barbara - on a personal note - just seen your message on the other social forum.  I'll try and respond.

• Like 1